PDA

View Full Version : DM800HD clone setup

Ashtonio
18th May, 2010, 05:57 PM
After trawling through forums for the last month and getting up and down ladders i am asking for some help setting up my dm800hd clone,
it has bootloader #75 and oozoon image.
i have an 80cm dish and a disqec 1.2 superdark motor.
I have a satfinder and i have found satellites but cant seem to find thor0.8
i have done manual scans and found channels but dont know what satellites these channels are on.
when i started off i used a compass to find south then moved my dish and scannned and found 8 german channels i presumed this was thor and moved my dish using satfinder in menu setup.
my problem is that i have not found bbc world so this means i am not on the arc i can get satellites east and west but dont know what satellites i have found i have been on lyngsat and i cant match any of the channels up
what am i doing wrong? i am at my wits end getting fed up of reading forum after forum
any help at all would be much appreciated

southpaw
18th May, 2010, 06:25 PM
best method i found mate was to point dish south ,
enter all details into tuner config , long lat etc ,
drive motor to thor
mate on ladder then adjusted dish til signal peaked ,
if pole is plumb and motor settings right , the rest of the arc should fall into place , did with me anyhow

use dishpointer website , select thor sat , and should draw you a line which way to point (focus it on somethin in surrounding area , tree , house etc ) , was spot on with mine

Oadbylad
20th May, 2010, 01:48 PM
At the very begining you had the chance in tuner set up to go advanced in there you can set up usuals and put in your GSP postion that should help you find your satellite