PDA

View Full Version : emissions

sidley
18th May, 2010, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone,
i really hope someone can help. I have a 1998 nissan patrol 2.8 and need to import it into france. I know how to and where all the paperwork goes but i need one piece of info to get a certificate of conformity and that is i need proof of the emission/pollution level of the car. i have contacted dvla as the info is on most new log books but because it is 1998 they dont have the info. can someone please give me or tell me where i can find this info, i have found loads of spec but i can only find the co2 level for the 3.0 version

Meat-Head
18th May, 2010, 09:10 PM
so contact VOSA instead.

Put it this way, you are going down the road and the vechile is chucking out clouds of black smoke, Mr VOSA stops you, and demands he reads the emmisions, as if by magic, the emmisions are now clean, somehow he must have a list of emmisions, to decide if to let you go or not!

sidley
19th May, 2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry, really not getting you

vwgtivr697
19th May, 2010, 11:56 PM
He's right just contact VOSA instead.

givusaclue
20th May, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,
i really hope someone can help. I have a 1998 nissan patrol 2.8 and need to import it into france. I know how to and where all the paperwork goes but i need one piece of info to get a certificate of conformity and that is i need proof of the emission/pollution level of the car. i have contacted dvla as the info is on most new log books but because it is 1998 they dont have the info. can someone please give me or tell me where i can find this info, i have found loads of spec but i can only find the co2 level for the 3.0 version

didn't look very hard did you!

1998 nissan patrol gr 2.8 turbo d s. nissan specifications (http://www.auto-power-girl.com/technical-informations/nissan-1998-2000-specifications/nissan-patrol-gr-5-doors-2.8-turbo-d-s.html)

sidley
20th May, 2010, 09:39 AM
I did look but didnt find that. Thanks very much that has really got me out of a big hole. Much appreciated

m3vuv
20th May, 2010, 09:56 AM
God help you,i lived in france for six years working for peugeot and tried to get my range rover on the road there,had to take it to the 'min' for a control technick (like our mot) the even pulled it on some bubbles on the paintwork and a scratced bummper!!,when we asked them what had to be done they said everything!,in short they dont want people importing vehicles into france except the factory,the bastards put mountains in your way,in the end i took the range rover back to the uk and floged it!,had a friend who tried to import a catteram 7, they wanted a cross section of the exahaust system then when he got that done they wanted certs for radio interferance from the plug leads etc,in the end he did the same as me!,good luck your gonna need it!!,regards Paul m3vuv

sidley
20th May, 2010, 10:09 AM
i think you have been unlucky with range rover, i have been here nearly 6 years aswell and imported a range rover and 2 discos with no probs, but this nissan is causing me problems with the co2 levels. The link giveusaclue sent me is nearly there but the problem is there are a couple of models for the 2.8 patrol and i need to give the french proof that the spec given is for my model and i really dont know if it is. The french say the co2 level is 310 as the info given says or 326 depending on the model so im still not ahead.

m3vuv
21st May, 2010, 09:13 AM
maybe it might be an idea to pop along to your local goods vehicle testing station and have a word with one of the bods there,give em your vin no and see what they can do,they may give you the co2 level on one of there letterheads? maybe that would satisfie the frogs??.

sidley
21st May, 2010, 06:10 PM
All sorted now thanks to everyone who helped