PDA

View Full Version : cannor read disc , please clean

cjsimmo79
18th November, 2008, 12:42 PM
hi i have a modded xbox about 16 month old with a benq drive , but recently have been getting errors , the games will load up fine but after playing for half an hour or so i'll get an error message saying "cannot read disc , please clean " but the disc is spotless ! please help .

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th November, 2008, 02:21 PM
ive had the same error, i think the lens must be dusty or there must be dust near the disc. ive shook the console [without the disc] and fine since

cjsimmo79
18th November, 2008, 02:54 PM
was gonna be a bit more technical and take it apart and blow it out with compressed air , but i'll give it a go cheers ,

cjsimmo79
18th November, 2008, 05:13 PM
does anyone have any other advice incase this fails ? or is my drive on the way out ?

.: JaCkPoT :.
18th November, 2008, 05:32 PM
My drive has been fine since. Also you can take it apart and try. Im only a kid and dont want to risk it.

dowlinr
19th November, 2008, 12:07 PM
My 360 wouldn't even read an original disc. Kept seeing it as a DVD and telling me to put it in a xbox console lol. I took it apart and set the laser pot to 3.2 kohms. All has been well since. Have you tried using different media?

bigboy221166
27th December, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hi all

ive had the same problem so just shook the console without disk and now got a 3/4 ring of death.

:hmmmm:

the imp
27th December, 2008, 08:56 PM
Try Verbatim dual layer write at 2x speed my lads x box wont reed anything else mine reads ought hope this helps

C64
29th December, 2008, 05:08 PM
hi i have a modded xbox about 16 month old with a benq drive , but recently have been getting errors , the games will load up fine but after playing for half an hour or so i'll get an error message saying "cannot read disc , please clean " but the disc is spotless ! please help .

If it's still not working then you can grab a replacement laser on eBay for about ?6, very easy to install.

Pjbrad
10th January, 2009, 02:41 PM
If it's still not working then you can grab a replacement laser on eBay for about ?6, very easy to install.

Cheers just the info i was needing :party :