PDA

View Full Version : Cummins K50 centry ecm STC fault

spannermonkey
19th May, 2010, 04:14 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to repair an ecm. The ecm is a centry on a cummins K50 engine and it has an active stc fault. the wire was broken at the stc solenoid and it arced out on the block, i repaired the wiring but the stc fault is still active. i think the arcing on the block has caused internal damage to the ecm. does anyone know what to do to fix the ecm or do i have to get a new one?

thanx :rock:

hercamp
19th May, 2010, 06:16 AM
I dont think so......to repair u most get an ecm map or electronic diagram for it....many components can be replace transistors,internal resistors,diodes,condensors...and others...start recalibrating the ecm .many of problems are resolve if is not hardware damage....if not u have to open and test all components.

4hillbilly
25th February, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to repair an ecm. The ecm is a centry on a cummins K50 engine and it has an active stc fault. the wire was broken at the stc solenoid and it arced out on the block, i repaired the wiring but the stc fault is still active. i think the arcing on the block has caused internal damage to the ecm. does anyone know what to do to fix the ecm or do i have to get a new one?

thanx :rock:
SWAP THE STC SOLNORDS OVER LEFT TO RIGHT ETC TO SEE IF THE WHITE SMOKE CHANGES TO THE OTHER BANK FIRST----