PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Vs IP BOX 9000 HD

eyedoc
18th November, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hello All,

Iam new to this forum, and even new to IP COM, i have bought DM 800 and iam not happy with it, as it heats up , the new Gemni Enigma 2 doesnot work well for some transponders, and my Stab motor is not well supported, so iam using my old Dm 7020 to support it.
To be honest the only thing made me to go for the DM 800 is the Ccam support, but now i think i will go to the shop and replace it with the IP9000 HD, i just need to know is that a good or bad choice! what is the difference between the plus and the normal one is it the twin tuner ? Finally what about the sharing in CCam i have read that its not possible, what is the solution as my provider support this ccam only is there any other servers that you know that will support a good HD channels on Newcamd or Magicamd as am not familiar with them.

Looking for your advice guys
Regards

satman
18th November, 2008, 05:54 PM
your 800 doesnt come close to a 9000.
more in line with a 900..

ip9000 is a twin tuner box!,, you can connect to 1 cccam server with incubus at present,, or newcamd or gbox, or mgcamd etc.....
ip900 is single tuner box and same.
your 'servers' question is touching on breaking site rules,, google for that,,
'plus' box is just twin tuner,,,,,,,
standard box 9000 only has 1 tuner,, ( this is only called this on silly european sites)
uk most of us sell with twin tuner.
new 910 is even more like 800 as it has internal card-reader,, can take an internal drive,, whereas the current 900 has only CI slots, and E-Sata drive.

eyedoc
18th November, 2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the kind answer,

Do i understand that the 9000 HD is the best HD Box avaliable yet? what about heat problems and freezinf ect!
I didnot understand well "you can connect to 1 cccam server with incubus at present" does that mean i can use my Cccam file that i have with the IP BOX? and which images does it uses to flash is it like DB Gemni or there are other software may you link me to these please.

Thanks again

aftermath
18th November, 2008, 07:48 PM
The IPbox 9000 can get a little hot, but you can add extra fans inside the box, plenty room for an extra one.

I only experiece freezing on some channels , but its not all the time , only some times, i think as the box gets more support you see less of the freezing or none at all, maybe when i add an extra cooling fan this might stop it.
but overall , i think this box will outsell other HDboxes , unless something better comes out.

satman
19th November, 2008, 10:24 AM
The heating doesnt come close the the microwave oven type dm800.
Gets a bit hot, but nothing more than i would call normal for a HD type box.
The freezing comes from mgcamd ^^^ not your heating,, i would be very surprised if anything else was the case,, mgcamd wasnt wrote specifically for uk cable, and has ECM random problems causing the freezing.
And yes, you can connect to cccam ( only 1 at present ) with the incubuscam.
enigma is on the horizon, and i think this box will be the best box on the market untill iTgate produce me an iTgate HD box.

eyedoc
19th November, 2008, 12:39 PM
Thank you for the very useful answer, i will go for the IP BOX 9000HD then with single tuner only, as i can use it with CCcam protocol, but now which image i have to install om this IP BOX in order to download the Cccam and other plugins is it Gemni or there are other images, how difficult is it to install is it via flash wizard like in DB or serial cable ?

Regards

aftermath
19th November, 2008, 01:00 PM
i recommend either the latest Cli image or the latest NLB imaga for now, these already have incubus cam installed.

To flash an IPbox9000 is easy as a dreambox

all you need is a few tools.

Flash tools
PC editor
USB drivers.

a Printer USB cable

all you do is switch the box off and keep the power button pressed in, then switch box on, The LED will say USB Upgrade then you can let go of the power button.

Then open PC editor

choose flash image, and point it to the image on your PC,

Thats the easiest way, the Enigma2 way is far more difficult .and there is a tut in here if you want to go for that way, but its not for the faint hearted.

All images and tools can be found here on Kaos

satman
19th November, 2008, 01:10 PM
If your only want one tuner,, why spend so much cash on a 9000?
Get an ip900 or ip910.... single tuner...
you can still watch and record something on same transponder,, infact record 1 and watch another 2 with pip on the single tuner boxes.

eyedoc
19th November, 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks where do i get these tools and images from m8, can you link me to them please.

Regards

satman
19th November, 2008, 02:37 PM
In this forum! .. look in ipbox section harder.

balikuyu
20th November, 2008, 11:43 PM
The IPbox 9000 can get a little hot, but you can add extra fans inside the box, plenty room for an extra one.

I only experiece freezing on some channels , but its not all the time , only some times, i think as the box gets more support you see less of the freezing or none at all, maybe when i add an extra cooling fan this might stop it.
but overall , i think this box will outsell other HDboxes , unless something better comes out.

Dudes

I am getting intermitant blinking it is ramdom and lasts for around a second but can get annoying it is happening on both sat and cable, it happens more on startup and then less and less frequent. On my Dbox2 I had channels freezing all the time but not on the 9000.

It was happening with the 834 official image too, have I got a faulty box or tuner?

And for the record the IPBOX kicks ass for picture quality and versitility. I am sure it will hold off rivals for a long time, I only see dream being a threat to it with the 8000 (if it ever emerges).

Thanks

aftermath
21st November, 2008, 08:31 PM
Balikuyu, what cam you using ?
I use mgcamd .

Try the latest Cli image, it has a nice shiny web interface, and it is easy to get round the web interface, for changing cams e.t.c

or try the latest NLB image

balikuyu
22nd November, 2008, 01:07 AM
I am using the Cli-3.0.0_abcom8340_ip9000 :not too sure if it is teh box to blame as my old dbox2 would freeze quite a lot.

If no cam is selected in the Cli web interface then I presume it is using MGCamd otherwise how would see all shall I set this manually

Also Do you know of how we would edit the EPG so that it doesnt load the whole channel list epg just selected channels like the Dbox2 7 day epg pluging? I think that might help the missing epg info?

What do you reckon

Much appreciate the expertise

2tone
22nd November, 2008, 04:40 PM
can newcamd work on these receivers as well

balikuyu
5th December, 2008, 10:45 PM
I am using the Cli-3.0.0_abcom8340_ip9000 :not too sure if it is teh box to blame as my old dbox2 would freeze quite a lot.

If no cam is selected in the Cli web interface then I presume it is using MGCamd otherwise how would see all shall I set this manually

Also Do you know of how we would edit the EPG so that it doesnt load the whole channel list epg just selected channels like the Dbox2 7 day epg pluging? I think that might help the missing epg info?

What do you reckon

Much appreciate the expertise

I thought I would update you on this issue, it was a dodgy sat tuner got it replaced is all OK now, if anyone else experiences this it is down to hardware not image, took me days of swapping tuners and trying every image available.

EPG is still a problem but that is now a known fault, waiting for developers to save the day.

Cheers

:stoned:

waqasahmed
15th August, 2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry to have a dig through old threads, but does anybody know if these guys are going to put on for sale another IPBox? There current receivers are ?309 which is reasonable seeing as though its linux, can have two tuners, is PVR etc... but I had a look for the IPBox 9000 and it retails at ?490! before shipping. Also Id like to see where they're cheaper in Germany http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/abcom-ip-box-9000-900-hd-ready-linux-recievers-5410/ Satking.de's prices are significantly more expensive now