PDA

View Full Version : Image for streaming to lan/wan

spaceman
18th November, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hi

can anyone please recommend an image for easy streaming over the lan and wan.

I have tried PLI images wich found very good.. but wish to try another.

Thanks

cauliflower69
18th November, 2008, 02:58 PM
This may be a stupid response but isn't ngrab built into every release?

spaceman
18th November, 2008, 03:16 PM
i thought ngrab is used to record onto disk or network shared disk?

felix1
18th November, 2008, 05:02 PM
depends which box you have. if you have a 500 there is a program called stream control centre. the version i have has been modified by another site so all you do is input the boxes ip user name and password and it works.

if youre using enigma2 the lastest gemini worked for me for a while but stopped for some reason.

HTH

spaceman
18th November, 2008, 06:26 PM
sorry i should of mentioned - i have a motorised system with an eagle box.

Curious123
18th November, 2008, 06:28 PM

The eagle box is just another dm500 clone.

felix1
19th November, 2008, 12:28 AM

good. the software works well as stated from the ppl that supply the eagle. check thier site for it in the relative section.

spaceman
19th November, 2008, 11:56 AM
I tried the last release of sif team image - found it very good however streaming on lan was good but did not work on wan using vlc.

Went back to PLI-Image thought I would try the max var version. Streaming on lan worked and so did streamin wan.

mrosg1
3rd August, 2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, I just bought a DM 500. I have some issues when opening the streams with VLC. Sometime it shows ok, sometime I get garbled picture. When I try to connect to the stream with my own applicaiton the stream in VLC stops. I am guessing that the standard image that the box comes with is somehow lacking. Hopefully the new releases will fix some issues on the streaming part.

I will try different images and post back with results. I am building a streaming server for the box to use with my online TV service. This hardware is amazing at first glance.