PDA

View Full Version : new to freesat

hood777
19th May, 2010, 06:40 PM
hi there
help needed. i no very little about this. i was on kryptview but that s gone down. so i am looking at other options. could some one tell me is the best freesat box to get. i have a dish out side but would like a box where me and my son can get bbc i player
also to get extra channels, what box is best for this?
do you need firmware?

as i said i no little, when i had my kryptview, i just ran it for 2 years whith out any problems

so any help please

wongers
19th May, 2010, 07:10 PM
i've got a humax freesat hdr its got bbc itunes on it its plug and play i'v had it for about 8 months now its everybit as good as sky plus though obviousley you can't get sky programmes on it but there are hd channels have a look on e-bay there usually about ?250 to buy which isnt cheap but its a top peice of kit it will hook up to your existing sky dish no problem

hood777
19th May, 2010, 07:17 PM
thanks mate. i no this might sound daft. is there a cheaper box on the market. also some one told me you can just plug a sky box in and its the same as freesat, but i thought on freesat you get about 170 channles. some one also told me that on the sagem freesat+ box, you can get the bbc i player, and there is a way to get extra programes, as i said i m new to all this

and i forgot to say dont have an hd tv

wongers
20th May, 2010, 07:26 PM
you can use your sky box as a freesat box but you can't record on it unless you pay sky ?10 per month, the humax isn't cheap but it is the best you can get up to 100 odd channels but you have to buy a card i'm not to sure how much they are a have a look on the freesat web page and it will give you more info i can't comment on the other boxes only the one i'v been using hope this helps