PDA

View Full Version : starview 4 super usb

shami232
18th November, 2008, 06:51 PM
Hello
I load the file from starview section V1.02 for my starview 4.I manage to get all the channels but picture flickers too much and I am unable to watch any thing.Any idea many Thanks

nsw9154
19th November, 2008, 04:28 AM
i am having the same problem had my sv4 for a week then all my chanels went blocky and corrupted contacted my suplier - who fobed me off with "it's a software problem" so i am at the moment trying to get a replacement unit because i think it is a faulty tuner - i will keep you all posted on the outcome

shami232
20th November, 2008, 07:15 PM
I think we both have same problem.I also contact my supplier he said the same thing.It might be down to software.if I got any news i keep u up to date.

i am having the same problem had my sv4 for a week then all my chanels went blocky and corrupted contacted my suplier - who fobed me off with "it's a software problem" so i am at the moment trying to get a replacement unit because i think it is a faulty tuner - i will keep you all posted on the outcome

nsw9154
21st November, 2008, 07:19 PM
my supplier finaly agread to give me a new box i sent it off yesterday - hoping for a new one on monday

rockdj
21st November, 2008, 09:00 PM
hi is this box any good can you put a external hard drive in it and say if i all ready have films on it can i play it through the box

shami232
25th November, 2008, 09:52 PM
Have you got your new box.Is your problem resolved.

my supplier finaly agread to give me a new box i sent it off yesterday - hoping for a new one on monday

duc748
26th November, 2008, 10:41 AM
First of.. great forum.. loads of help!

I got a SV4 a few weeks back and think it's great, however a few days ago I noticed the picture has got worse, very "liney" if thats a word??!

Just downloaded v1.05 so will see if that improves it.

As for the Hard drive, I just use a USB pen and have no problems recording and playing back. I read somewhere, upto 250GB hard drives should be ok, any bigger draws too much power.

scjgreen
26th November, 2008, 10:32 PM
why in your notion would a hard drive any bigger than 250gb require more power?

satsmo
26th November, 2008, 11:58 PM
Its to do with the power drawn from the USB port.

nsw9154
27th November, 2008, 04:29 AM
shami232 Have you got your new box.Is your problem resolved

up till now i have not received my replacement box i have emailed my supplier but have not had a reply yet

scjgreen
27th November, 2008, 01:00 PM
without trying to sound like a dick, its a load of rubbish

Charts, benchmarks 2.5" Hard Drive Charts, Maximum Power Consumption (http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2-5-hard-drive-charts/Maximum-Power-Consumption,684.html)

note some 100GB drives using more power than 320GB drives etc

satsmo
27th November, 2008, 03:03 PM
The information is generic what I have said is based on the tests carried out on the SV4.

scjgreen
27th November, 2008, 03:53 PM
OK i think it will be less down to power consumption and more down to limitations of FAT32 to be honest...

I'll try my 500GB mains powered drive in a bit and see if it works

shami232
27th November, 2008, 11:01 PM
I am still trying to convince him its a faulty box.But also I am waiting for your box to come if it works fine so its definately box.somebody advise me that I might have got signal strength problem and I need to try the signal booster.I am willing to buy one but want to make sure it will resolve my problem

shami232 Have you got your new box.Is your problem resolved

up till now i have not received my replacement box i have emailed my supplier but have not had a reply yet