PDA

View Full Version : Remote coding

mrblue
20th May, 2010, 09:22 AM
I am selling my peugeot headunit on ebay. A buyer has asked me to code it to his Citroen C5.

I own peugeot lexia and have it coded to my peugeot 307, but how can I code this from my home to his C5 without actually visiting him.

Copax
20th May, 2010, 01:56 PM
Try here:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f115/peugeot-vin-pin-87867/

mrblue
22nd May, 2010, 09:22 AM
That thread seems to be for the transponder code. I need help to vin code a headunit that is not at my home. I want to do it remotely.

mrblue
22nd May, 2010, 09:38 PM
Anyone, someone must know how this is done,

Ashraf6119
22nd May, 2010, 10:32 PM
Hello

Its really hard to understand your question when you say headunit what did you really mean for it?

Is it the Remote Fob you want to program to his car.

If its a used remote fob which i understand it was programed to your car 307 you can't program it to any other Vehicle as its already locked for your car..........if i am wrong some body correct me.

Ash

z786
22nd May, 2010, 10:43 PM
no ash you got it wrong
he has sold his radio, and wants 2 code it remotly from sittin inside his house
btw NOT POSSIBLE MATE

mrblue
23rd May, 2010, 08:54 AM
How come peugeot cd players are being sold on ebay that they will be vin coded on delivery. How can they do it.

About the key fobs, is that true. Can I not buy a second hand key and code it to my 307?

Also how can I code a blaupunkt idc-a09 cd changer to my peugeot cd player?

PremierD
23rd May, 2010, 09:11 AM
How come peugeot cd players are being sold on ebay that they will be vin coded on delivery. How can they do it.

About the key fobs, is that true. Can I not buy a second hand key and code it to my 307?

Also how can I code a blaupunkt idc-a09 cd changer to my peugeot cd player?

Well mate think about it for a minuite ...In order to VIN code it to your Vehicle.the seller would have to Either ,get you to plug in your PPS..and tell you (remotely).. lol what to type in ... or after you have removed the eeprom (easy job...lol ) read it and put the contents into you hex editor, downloaded and installed Team Viewer... let him have control of your desktop to edit your VIN into the eeprom dump...(again remotley) lol........as you can see mate .the claim is sh1t...

PS ... your first post.. plug in your PPS and edit the C5 Vin number into it .... Then sell it quickly coz the BEEP BEEP BEEP ...will drive you nuts ....lol

mrblue
23rd May, 2010, 06:01 PM
So you are saying I can code it to another vehicle. The guy who has bought it owns a 307, he has sent me his vin number in the hope I can code it.

So how can I edit his vin number into it. And I presume it beeping in my car indicates it has been successful and is actually coded to the buyers 307.

Ashraf6119
23rd May, 2010, 08:23 PM
So you are saying I can code it to another vehicle. The guy who has bought it owns a 307, he has sent me his vin number in the hope I can code it.

So how can I edit his vin number into it. And I presume it beeping in my car indicates it has been successful and is actually coded to the buyers 307.

Hi

Vin number can be changed by using PP2000 from Radio Module Configuration

Ash

mrblue
24th May, 2010, 12:13 AM
Why has z769 said it is not possible.

z786
24th May, 2010, 12:45 AM
its Z786 not 769, you can do it with pps NOT remotely if u understand the definition of the word

albertros
24th May, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi,
I may be missing the point but
1) get the buyer of the used radio to send you his vin number.

2) program the eeprom on the bench in the radio with the replacement vin number - job done

Some of the same looking sets have3 different types of build, ie look the same but are built different.

I don't have a pp2200 but why not plug set for sale in your own car and program with vin for the new car.

We had a vin number that would work in all cars, been retired 8 years can't remember but it wasn't all ff's something simular

M1DJF
24th May, 2010, 08:59 AM
just read the eprom and edit the vin its easy but you will need the vin of the car its going into.

I am selling my peugeot headunit on ebay. A buyer has asked me to code it to his Citroen C5.

I own peugeot lexia and have it coded to my peugeot 307, but how can I code this from my home to his C5 without actually visiting him.

mrblue
24th May, 2010, 06:21 PM
I have coded the radio to the buyers vin number, the radio is now bleeping in my car.

BUT, Ive always had my sony cd player in my 307, Ive recently decided to sell my peugeot cd player.

The past few times Ive changed about headunits, really just to test it and code it and then again to test a radio control stalk.

On these three occasions the cd player has not worked. I mean it does not turn on or show anything on the display or make any sound. When I put it on planet and go through the coding process again it works perfect.

Only asking is I hope when the buyer receives it, it will work ok.