PDA

View Full Version : Scariest game ever

thughes
18th November, 2008, 07:12 PM
What is the scariest game ever made?

Raven
20th November, 2008, 08:10 PM
For me it's the original Silent Hill on the Playstation followed closesly by it's sequel.

alunfennell
21st November, 2008, 08:26 PM
Runescape is the scariest Game I have played 9/10

You know the scariest of runescape? Runescape Classic (http://www.gaminghorror.net/runescape-classic-still-playable/). It is so scary it is hilarious.

thered
21st November, 2008, 08:51 PM
have to agree with raven silent hill for me superb at the time only problem is i havent realy moved on much since lol

apart from the odd blast on the kids i rarely bother these days i still think the best game i ever played was goldeneye on the nintendo 64 or maybe zelda i must be getting old

jackel
26th November, 2008, 05:37 PM
:D for me its resident evil on playstation the three of them spec nemisis when he chases you:roflmao:

dctyper
26th November, 2008, 11:17 PM
tennis on the wii

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/11/Wiinjury.jpg

Raven
24th December, 2008, 03:37 PM
I have to agree with thered there as I share the same opinion.....nothing has touched the original Silent Hill game yet in the horror genre for genuine scares and what that game does brilliantly that no other game has done is create a genuine uneasy atmosphere while you play it...it's difficult to explain unless you have played the game and know exactly what I'm talking about......anyway in my opinion these are my best games that I've ever played and as it happens I don't think any game has touched these yet in their genre - Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, WWF No Mercy.

Really the n64 was an awesome console. And the psx had Silent Hill, Tekken3 and MGS cannot argue with that! No wonder the Dreamcast went under, great console but really it didn't stand a chance.

I really hope Goldeneye (or Perfect Dark) and Ocarina of Time get remade someday like Street Fighter 2 Turbo currently has. They really are staples of their genres.

I also hope Konami makes the next Silent Hill game as Homecoming was made by Americans and needless to say it is dogshit by comparison...it just doesn't have that certain flair to it that the Japanese developers seem to be able to ingrain into their games. Homecoming was alot like the Silent Hill movie for me....you can see that they tried and it wasn't half as bad as it could have been, but still it wasn't anywhere near as good as it perhaps should have been considering the source material.

Bobiskey
21st January, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'd have to go with Silent Hill as well. Tho Res Evil was a very close 2nd, I think it loses out due to the door (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_doors_are_in_Resident_Evil_1) factor.

C64
21st January, 2009, 03:18 PM
I remember waiting for Resident Evil to come out on the PSX, I absolutely loved that game and I still do.

A year or so later I downloaded an .iso for a game that I had never heard of, it was called 'Silent Hill', I hadn't seen or heard a single review for it but I liked the name so I grabbed it.

OMFG, it's easily the creepiest, most disturbing game I've played, like Raven said nothing has come close to the level of psychological dread you feel when playing this game, for me it took gaming to another level.

Silent Hill 2 was also excellent, but the rest of them were IMO dissapointing.

I've still not played 'Homecoming' as I'm waiting for the PAL XBOX360 release.

I thought Clive Barkers Undying was pants TBH. The trailers always looked good but I thought the gameplay was shit.

jubito
17th February, 2009, 06:32 PM
Silent Hill... for sure

Kingcarr
8th March, 2009, 10:03 PM
silent hill is probs tops! there was another game for ps2...cant remember what it was called but u were a chinese girl with a twin sis and went round some spooky lil chinese town with a camera obscura (the only way to find the ghosties)! wish i could remember the name! well scary!

WARKRIME
24th March, 2009, 08:20 PM
You have all rekindled my love of Silent Hill , though I remember Res Evil being stuck in my head untill I finished it.

As for P.c Games Iam gonna go with F.E.A.R ,As most other FPS is WAR , no scary atmosphere ;)

Dav of Krypton
27th March, 2009, 06:16 PM
You have all rekindled my love of Silent Hill , though I remember Res Evil being stuck in my head untill I finished it.

As for P.c Games Iam gonna go with F.E.A.R ,As most other FPS is WAR , no scary atmosphere ;)

I agree with the F.E.A.R. I have never jumped so much in a game. Another one for excellent atmosphere is S.T.A.L.K.E.R (the first).

mrwolves
29th March, 2009, 01:06 AM
D is the scariest i have played on the PlayStation. has giant scissors!

YouTube - D Part 1

chroma
7th May, 2009, 04:52 AM
Silent Hill was scary.

Sanitarium freaked me out.

Doom 3. the bit where your wandering down and some womans voice says "they took my baby" then it all goes red and you hear a baby screaming... it was bovril bullet time.

System Shock 2 scared me.

The scariest though? Alien V Predator 2.
Playing the alien was ok, playing the predator was fun.
Playing space marine though was pretty bleak, i dont think there was a moments downtime from running around out of ammo with aliens chasing you around :(

kal
7th May, 2009, 05:55 PM
silent hill is probs tops! there was another game for ps2...cant remember what it was called but u were a chinese girl with a twin sis and went round some spooky lil chinese town with a camera obscura (the only way to find the ghosties)! wish i could remember the name! well scary!

Thats game was called Project Zero (Fatal Frame in USA) and i will not touch any horror game other than that - absolutely amazing! For those seeking a true horror game, it's a must. Puts everything else to shame, all the other games like Resident Evil doesn't give me the "horror" feeling, it's more action type, true horror is more spiritual. Honestly guys, give it a go, there are 4 titles in total now! :)

djjwdubz
10th May, 2009, 08:19 PM
I remember waiting for Resident Evil to come out on the PSX, I absolutely loved that game and I still do.

A year or so later I downloaded an .iso for a game that I had never heard of, it was called 'Silent Hill', I hadn't seen or heard a single review for it but I liked the name so I grabbed it.

OMFG, it's easily the creepiest, most disturbing game I've played, like Raven said nothing has come close to the level of psychological dread you feel when playing this game, for me it took gaming to another level.

I've still not played 'Homecoming' as I'm waiting for the PAL XBOX360 release.

I thought Clive Barkers Undying was pants TBH. The trailers always looked good but I thought the gameplay was shit.

if any 1 whats the xbox version i can get u a link if your on 10meg it will be done in 1hour 30min pm me if you want

but your right number 1 is silent hill 1 u can get it 4 the pc let me no if u want a link 4 that 2

doctorlove
9th August, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yup, i think Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Alone in the dark for Play Station. Best games ever!!!

Raven
11th August, 2009, 12:47 AM
Thats game was called Project Zero (Fatal Frame in USA) and i will not touch any horror game other than that - absolutely amazing! For those seeking a true horror game, it's a must. Puts everything else to shame, all the other games like Resident Evil doesn't give me the "horror" feeling, it's more action type, true horror is more spiritual. Honestly guys, give it a go, there are 4 titles in total now! :)

I bought Project Zero 2 a few years ago (only one I bought or have ever played) at the recommendation that it was more a Silent Hill type game than a Resident Evil type game....so anyway I played it and could see that it was a psychological horror title - but - I found the game to be very boring, just wandering around and giving out photoshoots as though it was some sort of casting audition for The Ring.....nice attempt, but just was lacking a few things in the entertainment section.

ghostdog
21st August, 2009, 08:45 AM
I think F.E.A.R. siries is scary enough.
It doesn't have very clever scenario, and it's quite ordinary first player shooter, but in some places, in absolute darkness, and you are chased by invisible ghosts... brr.. it itches my nerves

debzDD
12th May, 2010, 11:21 PM
resident evil games on playstation:barscarf:

icemanl88
29th May, 2010, 04:36 PM
Silent hill for sure.....

johnfox1
11th July, 2010, 06:08 AM
Play at night in resident evil 2 or 3, that will make you schizophrenic for a while 100% guaranteed! :)

johnfox1
11th July, 2010, 06:12 AM
Well and silent hill too, but that one is good for daytime only.

zabycx
8th August, 2010, 10:53 PM
Demon's Souls (PS3) is incredibly atmospheric.

scannerscars
16th August, 2010, 12:08 AM
sillen hill terrorific

Iroll
16th August, 2010, 12:09 AM
Silent hill

milkan
16th August, 2010, 02:57 PM
SIlent Hill it`s allright, Fear is almost not scary...

For me, the scariest game is Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi.

Voyagerx
8th October, 2010, 12:27 PM
Minecraft is pretty scarry :)

sob1467
15th October, 2010, 08:12 PM
Fear was a serious scary game at the time.

calvin plummer
3rd November, 2010, 02:22 PM
These days Demon's souls but fear is a genre that has died in the last few years. i'll be voting for system shock 2

konstantinos
7th November, 2010, 03:08 PM
i am voting medal of honor

dingledangle
11th November, 2010, 09:23 AM
resident evil gets my vote,i also enjoyed area51 ps2,the level where its a mock up set of the moon landing,very clever.

JohnnyDM800
7th December, 2010, 08:55 PM
Penumbra black plague

DannoUK
14th December, 2010, 05:44 PM
Silent Hill - Playstation 1.

Even typing it sends a shiver down my spine! I remember thinking at the time 'Whoever wrote this game is seriously disturbed'. It got to the point where i couldn't play it if i was at home alone or in the dark!!

jonnyluvrod
14th December, 2010, 06:38 PM
Dead Space...

Played on my own... Early hours of the morning.... Nobody else in the house... Wearing headphones... Mega shit ya pants experience... I dare anyone to do it...

Amnesia the Dark Descent is pretty atmospheric and jumpy too on PC...

Wearing headphones playing any scary game adds so much to the atmosphere...

baraa2003
15th December, 2010, 06:12 PM
Silent Hill wold be great

bbernd
16th December, 2010, 11:30 AM
For me it was the very first version of Resident Evil !

bute
3rd January, 2011, 12:43 AM
a vote for Resident Evil

konatist
4th January, 2011, 10:20 PM
silent hill on ps2

tshirtman
4th January, 2011, 11:34 PM
this is hilarious:

YouTube - Holy shit, Amnesia WHAT THE FUUUCK

bluntendo
9th January, 2011, 05:37 PM
i dunno about the scariest, but the freakiest one i ever played was System Shock 2. brrrrrrrrrrr....... still gives me the shivers....

moonwrasse
12th January, 2011, 11:44 AM
resident evil (the earlier ones)

tripper
4th February, 2011, 12:14 PM
how the hell did you do that that is the best one i have seen yet from the wii i have seen a few before good one bloke... ?

ganjasage
10th February, 2011, 05:01 PM
For me it's the original Silent Hill on the Playstation followed closesly by it's sequel.

Totally agree music+gameplay= me not plying on my own

faceoff88
12th February, 2011, 06:43 PM
+ 1 for original Resident evil, Condemned, or Amnesia

egghardy2011
14th March, 2011, 11:40 PM
weird dreams on the amiga....for its time and general craziness...madness...spooked the shiznit outta me as a kid!:eek:

Kungfu53
15th March, 2011, 03:28 PM
Doom 2. doesnt get any scarier than that.

equs
23rd March, 2011, 04:59 PM
the most scaryest game ever is silent hill 4 - the room

scott8999
3rd April, 2011, 08:49 PM
Nope, The scariest game has got to be either clock tower or alan wake

toeknee
5th April, 2011, 09:58 PM
For me it has to be Resident Evil, I used to play it after I finished work at midnight, all the lights off, shat my pants where the dogs burst through the windows while walking through the corridor...!!

Kowasu
6th April, 2011, 06:12 AM
I've always been creeped out by Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Just something about it got under my skin

fireblade1
4th May, 2011, 05:24 PM
the most scaryest game ever is silent hill 4 - the room

shite my self every time i played that game us to get shivers all the time, use to turn it off some times lol.

regards fireblade

Disfunction
6th May, 2011, 03:41 AM
Dead Space 2 with your headphones on full whack playing in the pitch black is kinda heart melting.

would have to go with resident evil 1 original too though as the dogs made me have nightmares for a week hah.

MrFug
6th May, 2011, 07:36 PM
I remember one part in F.E.A.R where you turn to descend some ladders, and the freaky little girl is standing behind you. Scared the shit out of me!

irishbluestaffy
6th May, 2011, 07:38 PM
I remember one part in F.E.A.R where you turn to descend some ladders, and the freaky little girl is standing behind you. Scared the shit out of me!
ye that 1 scared me 2 the little girl gave me nightmares

C64
6th May, 2011, 07:58 PM
silent hill on ps2

Do you mean silent Hill 2?

valx345
1st October, 2011, 12:31 AM
gothic all series

zimowy
13th November, 2011, 12:13 AM
scary wow i new in game

dangerdowling
13th November, 2011, 12:38 AM
I'd say silent hill 2.

goatbug
2nd December, 2011, 12:55 PM
For me it must be F.E.A.R.

Zoon
7th December, 2011, 11:51 AM
There are so many of them, good scary games making you crap your pants.

Scariest ? I'd say "Shadow of the comet" when I was a child and "Fatal Frame/Project 0" in the past 10 years.

Ah no wait, scariest is Bubsy 3D.

jibbyy
7th December, 2011, 12:29 PM
Scariest games for me were / are

System Shock 2
Dead Space 2
AvP
Thief 3 (Cradle level)

loudspeaker
12th December, 2011, 06:01 PM
Resident Evil. was in the fire brigade at the time and used to play it on nights when it was quite.
but only if there was at least 3 of us!

Jax93
14th December, 2011, 11:18 AM
SILENT HILL

Marvinn
13th January, 2012, 05:51 PM
The games which were scariest for me are
Resident evil
Final Fantasy
The all version of these games are very scariest.

Wrexad
17th January, 2012, 05:57 PM
Amnesia the dark descent is pretty scary. Resident Evil was also pretty good too!

J2300
20th January, 2012, 12:04 AM
Good old Alien vs Predator (made in 99 or 00 - not the newest one). Play as a marine at night... it can scary experience;].

alduin400
23rd January, 2012, 02:21 AM
Dead Space 2..for me

alftb
18th June, 2012, 07:39 AM
Amnesia.. it scares me that I haven't even played the thing yet

seginus
18th June, 2012, 09:26 AM
Amnesia ! The idea of no having weapons is just terrifying. Doom 3 is also very scary.

lwood
20th June, 2012, 03:55 PM
FEAR the original.

dannykemp
23rd June, 2012, 08:51 AM
when i was younger doom 3 was a bit jumpy

vess
1st July, 2012, 05:58 AM
System Shock 2
F.E.A.R
Clock Tower
Friday the 13 for the nes. That theme song always creep me out when I was young.

goldies7
16th July, 2012, 02:57 AM
I think Fatal Frame is the scariest game.

Cod3waX
20th July, 2012, 10:00 AM
Another World - Amiga
Call Of Duty Zombies - Xbox 360

Fhma
25th July, 2012, 10:42 PM
Fear and Thief 3.

peter21
7th August, 2012, 05:10 AM
F.E.A.R. with the expansion....... :evil:

shadeofyzil
22nd January, 2013, 10:49 PM
My flatmates and I recently replayed the first Silent Hill, passing the controller when one of us died. We're in our early twenties, this is an old game, and we were terrified. Would not play alone. Movies aren't scary but games can easily get to me.

Shady
22nd January, 2013, 10:50 PM
My flatmates and I recently replayed the first Silent Hill, passing the controller when one of us died. We're in our early twenties, this is an old game, and we were terrified. Would not play alone. Movies aren't scary but games can easily get to me.

Theres a subliminal message in your post.

its saying "grow up"

Mouseblack20
2nd February, 2013, 12:08 PM
Amnesia & fear

georgii50
2nd February, 2013, 05:36 PM
Silent Hill and Barbie

m9g
10th February, 2013, 09:17 AM
I remember years ago playing the original Max Payne late at night with all the lights off and surround sound on - one part you go through a door and its dark and you have to make your way across platforms to the other side without falling off the side and whilst your doing this there is the sound of a baby crying - spent over an hour in this room trying to get out and the sound of the baby just spooked me

cquivera70
6th June, 2013, 10:04 PM
definitely silent hill!

ricky23079
29th January, 2014, 04:26 AM
F.E.A.R. i think...

GastonJ
27th February, 2014, 10:06 PM
Has to be lemmings, all those poor little creature either falling off cliffs, being crushed in hammers, falling from great heights and dying in violent ways..... not :D get over it, it's a game, not reality. Anyone scared of a game needs to get out more :)

Squadr33
2nd May, 2014, 09:54 PM
Outlast and Amnesia..

Gruntech
18th July, 2014, 12:16 AM
I think Outlast was pretty scary but Slender Man always makes me jump too!

messaid saadane
31st July, 2017, 10:27 PM

changun
22nd February, 2019, 12:12 PM
FEAR, Suffering, Doom 3 or 4

goscpsp
16th March, 2019, 08:43 AM
Home Sweet Home

Russlander
4th October, 2019, 01:55 AM
Pokemon GO

Made people walk around like zombies staring at their phones.

ac427
28th December, 2020, 06:24 PM
Anyone remember "Alone in the Dark"?