PDA

View Full Version : Should I get an Iphone?

fabulousdeal
20th May, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hi guys,

I'm pretty technically minded but I have pretty chubby fingers. I'm wondering if they'll get in the way. Plus I currently have a nokia E66. I like it but am threatening to get an iphone because of all the apps available. Does it take long to become quick on it. I text quite a bit too. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

johnboy1974
20th May, 2010, 03:45 PM
the iphones the best out there in my opinion remember you can rotate the phone on its side and into landscape mode which gives you bigger keyboard. i would advise you to visit your local o2 or orange shop where they will have test phones out on display for you to play around on.

aftermath
20th May, 2010, 04:40 PM
if you do get an iphone, buy one of those Pens off ebay for about ?1.50, that way it makes it a bit easier to hit the right buttons , rather than fat fingers like me.

lfc4life
20th May, 2010, 04:55 PM
YouTube - The Best Mobile phones in 2010

YouTube - Top 20 Phones Of (2009 - 2010) (HQ) (By JuveTube777)

The blackberry storm 2 looks hot hot lol

Canker_Canison
20th May, 2010, 05:56 PM
The Iphone is fine if you want to go on the internet & play games.

If you want something with more bite there are better phones out there.

Personally I'd be looking more towards the HTC Desire or other forthcoming Android phones. Adobe have now started to look at working with Google to bring full flash support to Android. Google have also been putting Android on netbooks powered with the Intel Atom processor. Things are going to change pretty quick this year.

I have neither of these phones due to my contract running 2 years. But I've seen & used both & it's the Desire for me every time.

janobi
22nd May, 2010, 11:11 AM
Iphone all the way.

BB Storm 2 is shite, the screen feels like its going to fall out constantly, and wobbles like hell.

HTC phones are excellent bits of kit, but still Iphone for me.

aftermath
22nd May, 2010, 11:28 AM
dont know if i could cope now without my iphone. It takes over your life, you can do anything from switching the lights on from anywhere, recording a programme on sky from anywhere, sat nav, log on PC from work on it to start a download, games, and keep in touch whats happening on the forum, watch live TV, hook up to a slingbox and watch any channel from sat. watch movies in bed streamed from your network of PC`s.

iPhones are class , only downside is the battery dont last 5 mins, i got about an hour on sat nav, then the battery died. So a charger is a must .

dctyper
22nd May, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm pretty technically minded but I have pretty chubby fingers. I'm wondering if they'll get in the way. Plus I currently have a nokia E66. I like it but am threatening to get an iphone because of all the apps available. Does it take long to become quick on it. I text quite a bit too. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

well the main issue with this is, now micrsoft have their finger in the pie with windows/android phones, and they supply apps FOR FREE, i recon iphones will become a thing of the past as only apple can make iphones but any manafacturer can make a windows/android phone

iphones are known to be poor for battery life and camera quality, as said before, there ar far better phones out there

bill gates wins again me recons lol the ****

dc

biffo1
22nd May, 2010, 09:07 PM
ive had lots of top phones , but my iphones 3gs beats every 1 hands down, stream, watch tv, all the free apps u need , satnav, and for customization fantasic

AMRZXC
26th May, 2010, 04:58 PM
yes you most have one not should

sasquash
26th May, 2010, 06:55 PM
I've got wot some people would call sausage fingers m8 and I have no problem texting, I've had my 3gs for a year now and couldn't live without it. It's a def MUST have