PDA

View Full Version : r4 card but no cd?

terrordoll
18th November, 2008, 10:43 PM
Ive just bought r4 card - it came with card reader, micro sd card and adapter. Not too clever with these things so had a look on You tube but all the instructions say I need a cd which I didnt get. The ndslr4 site tells me to go to the /SYSTEM directory on the card - ? that doesnt work. Am I just being stupid?? probably but can anyone give me an idiot guide please!

Jaffa
18th November, 2008, 10:47 PM
All you need is the proper firmware and the game roms you want to play.

If your R4 is legit then get firmware 1.18 and if its a clone then use unofficial firmware, cant remember what version they are at but I know 1.21 works spot on.

you format the micro sd card and put the firmware on the root of the card, then put the game on.

Firmware for cloned and official firmware is in the downloads section.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-ds-21/

alec
30th November, 2008, 11:48 PM
I just download 1.18 for a proper R4. I didn't format it but from the 1.18 you just copy and paste :

DS_MENU.DAT DS_MSHL.NDS moonshl SYSTEM to the micro card

Also make a folder and call it Games then put all the nds roms in that and copy & paste that. Leave some space on this card for saving files and playing games. When you switch on, wait till you see the folder and touch that.
Just stroll down to the game you want. Also before you starts it asks you if you want a save file. I touch yes.

terrordoll
1st December, 2008, 08:08 PM
Had a few probs getting it to work - tried the firmware for a clone when I had run out of ideas and that worked! not sure how you are meant to know - ordered from Amazon and it looked like the real thing to me! Have just ordered another 3 for my nieces from Tecknet and it states that they support version 1.23 - will probably be trial and error again.

Anyway thanks for your help - I may need more in the next week or so!!!

alec
2nd December, 2008, 12:51 PM
When there are so many fakes of R4 out there, then you ask people where they obtain theirs. I was told that on Ebay for example, most if not all are fakes. I order mine from Clickshop.Com. R4 DS Revolution V2 - R4.

opsmonkey
4th December, 2008, 03:34 PM
ive a real one.. google consoleup.. got my R4 & DSTT from there.. both genuine

just incase your wondering.. my son has the R4 in his and i have the DSTT in mine.. dont have 2 cards for one DS lol

crimsonstar-2008
7th December, 2008, 11:56 PM
im avin the same problem and dont av a clue wat u guys r on about

mistermofo
8th December, 2008, 05:15 AM
Had a few probs getting it to work - tried the firmware for a clone when I had run out of ideas and that worked! not sure how you are meant to know - ordered from Amazon and it looked like the real thing to me! Have just ordered another 3 for my nieces from Tecknet and it states that they support version 1.23 - will probably be trial and error again.

Anyway thanks for your help - I may need more in the next week or so!!!

official R4 cards are no longer available as far as i know the factory was closed months ago

Version 2 & 3 R4 cards are clones of the real ones if the web site you purchased from states v1.2x then its defo a clone as official firmware is stuck at v1.18

also most clones support SDhc cards

the problem is hard to spot as even the R4sd.cn homepage has been cloned i have come across 3 or 4 different sites all look the same with various differences on the URL

jackmorton
22nd December, 2008, 05:43 PM
hi i have a card but it has nothig on at all so do i just need to put on this firmware

opsmonkey
22nd December, 2008, 06:39 PM
download the firmware and extract
you should have the following folders on your sd micro card:

_system_
Games
moonshl

and the following files

_DS_MENU
_DS_MSHL.NDS

You have to create the Games folder.. this is where you save your nds roms

saffire
23rd December, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yeh same here, I thought I had bought a real one but i think it is a fake as the firmware didnt work. Or mebbe i just bought the dud? I shall try the clone firmware and see if that works so thanks very mcuh for the info :)

saffire
27th December, 2008, 08:01 PM
Every time I dloaded the clone firmware it came as a php file of 6kb. What am i doing wrong?

opsmonkey
28th December, 2008, 02:55 AM
have a look here:

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

saffire
29th December, 2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks very much!! I shall have a good look through them and hopefully find the correct one. Help much appreciated :)

JoshMclaughlin09
8th April, 2009, 08:27 PM
Hi,

What version do i dl to get the cd's functions ?

My r4 didnt come with a cd !

tegers99
26th May, 2009, 10:53 PM
cheers for info

hellsfire
20th June, 2009, 09:13 PM
i have got a fake R4 and had to use some obscure firmware...cant remember what the card was called now but it looked just like a real R4,dunno why they dont send a cd with these as i would never have known it was a fake if they supplied the right firmware with it and wouldnt have cared either.

faniring
21st June, 2009, 10:56 PM
Mine didn't come with a cd either!! The box says it should have one..but so many people have said they haven't got one does it mean that they have stopped putting out the cd's?

opsmonkey
25th June, 2009, 02:54 AM
every bit of firmware is here..

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

DACRON
18th December, 2010, 02:51 PM
i found it also quite difficult to discover wether i have bought a clone or the "real" one. there?s a black cover with green letter, like the original one. but no cd enclosed. upto this moment, no firmware (woods 1.19, kernel 1.18) worked with my new ds lite.... any ideas left?:hmmmm2:

mickydibble
18th December, 2010, 03:12 PM
LOOK!! you guys need to be more specific,maybe post exactly what it says on your card/a pic maybe?

however try my upload first Digital Kaos - Downloads - r4i english version 1.20b 1.4 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4i-english-version-1-20b-1-4-1209/) if not work then Digital Kaos - Downloads - Clone R4 Firmware v1.24 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/clone-r4-firmware-v1-24-434/)