PDA

View Full Version : mercedes w202 c220cdi

simon77
20th May, 2010, 11:37 PM
this is a good one for you all!!!!
car has engine check light on with 10 different code (water temp, fuel pressure, crankdeviation,egr,boost,etc).
clerar codes on off switch they are still there.
if i clear codes when engine is running check engine goes off and there are no fault codes in engine and car drives fine. if i switch it off then on all the codes are back!:(i
i have checked wiring cleaned all earths changed engine ecu, replaced ignition switch for test,replaced sam.
if any one has any idea where to go on this please let me know .it is confusing the hell out of me.
regards
simon:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bang head::banghead:

m3vuv
21st May, 2010, 09:07 AM
I dont know the car but at a guese i would imagine its a fault with the feeds to the variouse sensors or a problem with an earth return,mabe a good idea to stick a jump lead from the neg of the battery and the body then another from the body to the engine and see if the fault stops!,hope this helps.

dafdiagnos
21st May, 2010, 06:37 PM
as above i'd check resistance of earth lead connections to be @0.5 ohms from battery. i'd also check t30 supplies to ecm m8

simon77
21st May, 2010, 06:59 PM
i have done all the above all is ok apart from term 30 which i cant find on ecu . looked in wis cant seem to find any help with diagram.

yusef
21st May, 2010, 07:19 PM
could it be ignition switch ?
by on off switch -meaning - ignition off or on - and engine not running.
possible power drain on all these sensors as key turned ?

simon77
21st May, 2010, 08:57 PM
i have a funny feeling the engine ecu has the wrong coding!! does any one know how to get the coding numbers so i can change with star.

vwpassat
23rd May, 2010, 10:45 AM
Try coding147003001. And don't forget to report.

i have a funny feeling the engine ecu has the wrong coding!! does any one know how to get the coding numbers so i can change with star.

agabna
23rd May, 2010, 01:12 PM
for the ecu coding u can use the epc for ecu coding
and some times u dont need the coding for starting the engine in the new model car
u need it for (abs eps at ac .....)
but for the engine it start
our found working car like it and copy the coding no

agabna
23rd May, 2010, 01:15 PM
hello
for the 10 fault code attch the fault code to see the relation between them which case them all

simon77
25th May, 2010, 09:03 AM
fault codes are as follows
p1354 angle variation cam and crank
p1622 shut of valve y75
p0190 rail pressure
p0225 coolant temp switch
p1222 pedal switch
p1470 charge pressure control
inlet air temp switch
check abs esp fault stored.
the fault codes clear if i erase when engine is running and live data are all correct.
once i have closed the switch and opened they are back!
engine harness is new
ignitions (eis) changed engine ecu changed all earths and wiring measured and seems ok.
i iwll check coding later today and let you know
reagrds all