PDA

View Full Version : 1997 MERCEDES E420 V8 A/T 210.072 ECM replacement

AvechuchoAxel
21st May, 2010, 10:11 AM
I need advice to swap this faulty ECM for a used one.
MERCEDES : A 021 545 20 32
BOSCH: 0261 204 321

HW: 40.95
SW: 05.96

K03 HM 0034 HM 4.21 8 ZYL FD 97M02

Does the new(used) ECM to be installed be programmed?

Should I swap MCU or IC inside?

Vehicle doesn't have pulse at injectors... does this ECM have any well known fault that can be repaired instead the swap?

Thanks!!

karfics
23rd May, 2010, 06:20 AM
Don't be too quick to condemn the ECU. Bad crank sensor, relays, and drive authorization system can cause that too. you can call Beckmann technologies in North Carolina if you need the module repaired.

AvechuchoAxel
27th May, 2010, 10:55 AM
Don't be too quick to condemn the ECU. Bad crank sensor, relays, and drive authorization system can cause that too. you can call Beckmann technologies in North Carolina if you need the module repaired.

Thanks... I do also modules repairs... I want to give thetry with the ECU because I have one sitting in my bench for years.... I did check wiring's, crank sensor, fuel pressure... etc. I'm not sure about the drive authorization.... I did it before but not sure where to find it to ENABLE in case it's disabled. If you have a quick guide to show me how to reach driving authorization.... I will be very happy.

Thanks!

Axel

tech111
27th May, 2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks... I do also modules repairs... I want to give thetry with the ECU because I have one sitting in my bench for years.... I did check wiring's, crank sensor, fuel pressure... etc. I'm not sure about the drive authorization.... I did it before but not sure where to find it to ENABLE in case it's disabled. If you have a quick guide to show me how to reach driving authorization.... I will be very happy.

Thanks!

Axel

the drive authoriation are inside the motorola mcu,i amassuming the car has ME 2.0 system if the car is usa specs

AvechuchoAxel
28th May, 2010, 08:31 AM
Yes you are right it's USA market. So if I just swap MCU do I need to do or program something else on this ME 2.0 ??

What I found today is if i pour some gas straight in the intake the engine starts... after few seconds then stall and die. I did check all the fuses, (specially fuel pump) but they where OK.

Because I do not have a gauge that fits on the fuel rail pressure port, I just push down the valve expecting some high pressure gas coming out .... instead that ... the gas coming out was weaker than a flea peeing...

I did replaced the crank sensor today... same story... NO GO !

About driving authorization... does anyone have a basic procedure to get into it and enable it with DAS?

Thanks!!!

cccosminus
29th May, 2010, 01:49 AM
Hello.
If you have Star Diag..please tell us if you have some DTC..on engine or WSP ..

vionet
2nd June, 2010, 01:26 PM
I need advice to swap this faulty ECM for a used one.
MERCEDES : A 021 545 20 32
BOSCH: 0261 204 321

HW: 40.95
SW: 05.96

K03 HM 0034 HM 4.21 8 ZYL FD 97M02

Does the new(used) ECM to be installed be programmed?

Should I swap MCU or IC inside?

Vehicle doesn't have pulse at injectors... does this ECM have any well known fault that can be repaired instead the swap?

Thanks!!

Hi, AvechuchoAxel,check the relay module, looks like here is the problem.

AvechuchoAxel
7th June, 2010, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know how to write the new VIN# and code using DEV MODE ?

I will try the relay module also and I will post DTC's on ME2. .....

Thanks all!!