PDA

View Full Version : RTE on freesat

peadarmcc
21st May, 2010, 10:56 AM
How do you get RTE channels on freesat im in Ireland. Thank you ! !

the rock
21st May, 2010, 01:37 PM
im sorry to say not at this time the olny way is to put up a arieal and pick up the dtt service

alunfennell
21st May, 2010, 07:59 PM
RTE get free transponder space on the Astra Satelite under the SKY umbrella and protected by NDS Encryption, RTE will never be Free to Air on Freesat as long as this arrangement lasts, seeing as this has been the case for nearly ten years I do not see RTE Dumping free Transponder space and pay BBC/ITV (Freesat) 30-40k a year for something they are curently getting for free...

freck
21st May, 2010, 09:27 PM
If youve got a fairly new tv that will do mpeg4 you can tune in RTE1,2 and TV3,TG4 by a automatic scan from any aerial,even a set of rabbits ears lol
Freck

cactikid
21st May, 2010, 10:09 PM
no tv3,was removed.

daithi
22nd May, 2010, 08:45 AM
there all on freeview now mate but the setup is fair expensive 290 euro
heres the site that does it id waste it on a cs setup before id hand over that kinda dosh to be honest but then again thats me

http://www.tv4free.ie/index.html

freck
22nd May, 2010, 06:37 PM
Too right there Daithi,youd get a clone dm800 plus a years sub cs for that price.
Freck

mtv1
22nd May, 2010, 06:41 PM
ya gonna have to start a facebook :puke: page try to get as many names as possible to get , minister of comm t5o get his finger out in this regard thanks for the info lads

patkins
23rd May, 2010, 11:07 PM
there all on freeview now mate but the setup is fair expensive 290 euro
heres the site that does it id waste it on a cs setup before id hand over that kinda dosh to be honest but then again thats me

http://www.tv4free.ie/index.html
I`ve just had a look at the channels on offer and some(to the best of my knowledge) no longer exist. They are; World Movies, Bubble hits, Rock On TV,Fight Network, Audi Channel(was replaced with Renault Channel) Travel Channel 2,Baby TV and Business Channel. The Vegas Elvis thing is nothing more than Sky hogging a transponder with a repetitious short run of Elvis,to even mention this in a programme guide raises my suspicions. However, on all the above (from memory) I stand to be corrected.

patkins
23rd May, 2010, 11:19 PM
ya gonna have to start a facebook :puke: page try to get as many names as possible to get , minister of comm t5o get his finger out in this regard thanks for the info lads
MTV 1, you know as much about quantum physics as Eamon Ryan knows about TV. I`ve written to him about the unfairness of paying a TV license(which is for having a TV receiver )the vast amount of which goes to RTE but in order to watch RTE I must pay sky a subscription(yes I know I can still receive it through a roof ariel). But when analogue shuts off that is when the unfairness wil really surface. yOUR FACEBOOK idea is a good one but as they say the man who follows the crowd will never be followed by a crowd. What I`m saying, mtv is, why dont you start the ball rolling?

captainjim
24th May, 2010, 11:35 AM
i`ve got an mpeg4 sat receiver but i cant pick up rte terrestrial,its probably not country wide at present ,i live in co.derry within sight of donegal,anyone know anything about this?

Mooley
24th May, 2010, 04:28 PM
You need a DVB-T (Mpeg4) receiver connected to normal aerial not a DVB-S receiver that you just mentioned connected to a sat dish.

cactikid
24th May, 2010, 10:58 PM
more news i am hearing is you may now need a box with mpeg5 ability lol

captainjim
25th May, 2010, 12:35 AM
my sat box is a AZbox with terrestrial tuner connected to ariel,no signal detected from RTE

Mooley
25th May, 2010, 02:46 AM
What does the AZbox DVB-T tuner receive? Mpeg2 or Mpeg4? Or both? I actually don't know to be honest as I don't know the spec. of that box mate.

Update: It seems that box should receive those channels! Maybe it's not being broadcast in your area.

captainjim
25th May, 2010, 08:26 PM
probably not being broadcast in this area yet,not too clear when it will happen

excollier
27th May, 2010, 08:00 AM
RTE digital has been transmitting for at least the last ten months from Holywell Hill near Derry. The picture is very good but you will need an mpeg4 terrestrial receiver to see it. TV3 has been off air (digitally) from there for a couple of months now, just a test card showing, but remember these are only trials at the moment, so you wil need to be patient, they won't be rushed.
In fact I am going to wait until 2012 and get a DVB-T2 which will receive Freeview HD/SD and RTE's mpeg 4 output, I am waiting for the Humax T2 PVR, which will cover all bases terrestially.

as123
19th November, 2010, 03:59 PM
i got a new tv and digital rte 1/2 tg4 tv3 rte news 3e all are on and very good, tv is full hd 400 euros in argos all working off aerial in attic.

bubu999
28th January, 2011, 11:38 PM
Will keep my eye on this thread.... Please keep us updated ;)

satman10
31st January, 2011, 09:14 PM
RTE Freesat now on 9e ,to start in May 2011 on KA band.
Walker receiver 99 euros.
LNB is different ....

bugsy
16th May, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hi guys using my dm800hd to get the irish channels with a usb dvb-t tuner hooked up to an aerial in the attic, works flawlessy, getting Rte1,Rte2 hd,Tv3,3e,Rte News, it's a cheap way to do it, even works with a set of rabbits ears,bought the tuner here for any one interested.
http://www.buyincoins.com/details/digital-tv-hdtv-dvb-t-usb-stick-dongle-tuner-recorder-receiver-product-70.html
Cheers,
bugsy.

freck
23rd May, 2011, 02:52 PM
Update....just received one of these (http://www.tvtrade.ie/edision-argus-mini-2in1-combo-receiver.html) today,sat and terrestrial tuner.
Getting all Sky fta from sat feed 28.2E and rte1,rte2,tv3,rte2HD and tG4 from this yoke (http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5344503/Trail/searchtext%3EANTENNA.htm).Even works without it from a piece of wire inserted in the terestrial tuner:hahaha:
Does the businness for me kitchen plus saves me climbing on the roof to attach a Digital aerial.
Freck

captainjim
30th May, 2011, 05:07 PM
can receive rte dtt channels now on my AZ box with mpeg tuner as signal now coming from Moville.

redout
7th July, 2011, 11:10 PM
Got a new Sony Saorview approved tv yesterday - picked up a rabbits ears in Argos this evening and the DTT is coming in quite strong. No need for an external aerial here in Dublin. RTE 2 HD looks quite nice.