PDA

View Full Version : web-x-tv + darkstar II question

loncell
19th November, 2008, 11:01 AM
to cut a long tale short i can view my dm7020 on my wireless laptop anywere in the house using darkstar II image + firefox + web-x-tv but i can view it outside my house say round my m8's using dnydns.
i use the ip address of the dreambox in the house to log on "192.168.2.8" and i use my dyndns addy when im away making sure dyndns is turned off at home.so when i went round my m8's with my lappy i typed

*********.gotdns.com , , , in my firefox browser

and i could view the LCD display screenshot and access the remote control + bouquets but i still got "no video" when i selected web-x-tv.

i also made sure port80 is open in my router before leaving the house so im a bit lost as to why i cant see a picture remotely when i can see the LCD screen shot fine and the remote on my lappy round my m8's house.

when i change channel it also says done as though its working fine so my question is : -

doesanyone have any idea's as to why i've no picture when im out of my house ?.

also , do i need dyndns installed on the laptop to recieve ?.

Curious123
19th November, 2008, 12:29 PM
Unless you were to stream to a local pc in your home and encode this stream before sending it out you will not be able to view video outside the home. You would need a very high broadband speed to be able to watch video across the internet.

loncell
19th November, 2008, 05:39 PM
it can be done im 100% sure of that its a case of mines not.its similar to how a slingbox or a sony locationfree player works .i have heard of people who use web-x-tv to watch their satellite while remotely but mines just not working.

you only need a 512meg up speed for it to be 1/2 half decent and 512meg is quite common nowdays.

if anyone is using this method can you please tell me were im going wrong.

loncell
5th December, 2008, 12:45 AM
i've just had another pop at this and still the same ,,its pissin me off no end now and i could having it sorted this weekend for the football for a do at me m8's this sat.

i was told to install something roughly called VLCF ( VLC FRONTEND) on the dreambox7020 which i did but i dont know what to do with it or why i installed it the lad never got bck to me after that.
can anyone sort this for me as im so close to sussing it.if i can turn this dish remotely outside my home network then im a budgies 4skin of doing it.in WEB-X-TV it says no video ffs !!

HELP PLEASE SOMEONE !!!