PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding

thered
19th November, 2008, 05:41 PM
i have just tried to assign myself a dynamic ip and port forward my router to my dreambox unfortunately i am not sure if this has been done correctly

is there a simple procedure that will let me check if this is working correctly as i am unsure if it will work

thanks

satman
19th November, 2008, 05:46 PM
Try access same port from outside your network,, or ask someone on here you trust in pm or summit to check,,,

no good checking from inside LAN or it will always show.
P.s this wont work for web-x-tv

thered
19th November, 2008, 05:50 PM
thanks will you have a go if i pm you

do you just need the blah blah dynds and the ip of the dreambox or is there anything else thanks

Curious123
19th November, 2008, 11:50 PM
The simple procedure is to type in the url you have assigned yourself into your web browser than waiting to see if it goes to your dreambox.

thered
20th November, 2008, 10:11 AM
right my dynamic ip must be working fine curious because i done as you suggested and it came up with my router

only problem is the link you provided me to portforward does no have my router on so i tried it manually through the router menu it doesnt seem to have worked :hmmmm2:

so i need to find out how to configure my router

Curious123
20th November, 2008, 03:27 PM
What router make & model have you got?

thered
20th November, 2008, 03:49 PM
this is my router apologies for the slowness of my replies but my interwebs on go slow

TL-WR841N (http://www.tp-link.com/products/product_des.asp?id=134)

i have changed my settings again now when i type thered******** into my search bar i get the password settings for my router do you get the same

Curious123
20th November, 2008, 05:04 PM
I am not getting your dreambox but that could be my end due to a few problems I am having with my router. I pinged your url and got a reply back so you are probably good to go m8.

thered
20th November, 2008, 05:29 PM
probably eh lol famous last words

thanks for your help m8 so now if i want to join a server do i basically need to insert a ccam config file which they supply to my box then im all ready to roll or is there more

Curious123
20th November, 2008, 09:37 PM
When you install CCcam 2.0.10 onto your dreambox it will also put file called CCcam.cfg, this the config file for cardsharing with CCcam 2.0.10. In here you need to insert the F line which create and the c-line which you recieve from the cardsharer in exchange for your c-line. Basically you need to write an F line and C line for yourself and you are ready to roll.

LENNY1
21st November, 2008, 12:50 AM
hi dont know if its any help but if you go in to router menu application & gaming you can set port forwarding etc there

thered
21st November, 2008, 02:27 PM
When you install CCcam 2.0.10 onto your dreambox it will also put file called CCcam.cfg, this the config file for cardsharing with CCcam 2.0.10. In here you need to insert the F line which create and the c-line which you recieve from the cardsharer in exchange for your c-line. Basically you need to write an F line and C line for yourself and you are ready to roll.

would this be a c line?

c:thereddoesnt.exist.com 12000 thered**** *******u

and what is the 12000 for?

also would this be the f line

f: thered**** *******u

so i put the f line into mine and send the c to whoever and thats it?

or is this all wrong?

and if its right its assuming my port is forwarded correctly or im goosed lol

here's another thing ive just thought the password in the lines above are there for my router my dreambox or the dynamic ip at dyndns:damnmate:

Curious123
21st November, 2008, 03:49 PM
The 12000 is the port you have opened to allow cardsharing to come through your router to your dreambox. I have pasted the explaination by nut which will help you create your f&c line

'you make an F:line with what you give your share e.g

i take it you have set up a dns server?

you send your m8/share your C:line like this

C: foxyWL.no-ip.com 12000 (username)nut (password) kaos

without the text in ( ) ( ) so that leaves nut and kaos

like this>

C: foxy.no-ip.com 12000 nut kaos

you would make your F:line as folows

F: nut kaos

do you see what happening? the user name and password i give in my C:line to you i use as my F:line think of how you log in to this forum? if you dont have the right name and password you aint coming in! the user name and password is the key to the front door ill send you the key in the C:line and let the F:line (lock) let you in.'

Fano
21st November, 2008, 04:32 PM
If one is only connecting to an external card server and not sharing themselves (i.e C line only) am I correct in saying that you dont need to open ports ?

thered
21st November, 2008, 05:46 PM
hi dont know if its any help but if you go in to router menu application & gaming you can set port forwarding etc there

The 12000 is the port you have opened to allow cardsharing to come through your router to your dreambox. I have pasted the explaination by nut which will help you create your f&c line

'you make an F:line with what you give your share e.g

i take it you have set up a dns server?

you send your m8/share your C:line like this

C: foxyWL.no-ip.com 12000 (username)nut (password) kaos

without the text in ( ) ( ) so that leaves nut and kaos

like this>

C: foxy.no-ip.com 12000 nut kaos

you would make your F:line as folows

F: nut kaos

do you see what happening? the user name and password i give in my C:line to you i use as my F:line think of how you log in to this forum? if you dont have the right name and password you aint coming in! the user name and password is the key to the front door ill send you the key in the C:line and let the F:line (lock) let you in.'

thats where i nicked it from lol i was wondering what the 12000 was so mine if it is working properly will be 53 instead i think as this was the port my router opened automatically when i entered my dreambox ip into the router configuration

i have a funny feeling that my port forwarding doesnt work though and in where i insert the username and passwords as in the post above which passwords is needed is it router dreambox or the dyndns password i used when i opened the account

my head hurts lol

i would be interested to know if fano's point is relevant too as my aim is to join a server not to buy a card and share it so if his point is valid and it seems too make sense whether or not my port is correctly forwarded is irrelevant

LENNY1
22nd November, 2008, 12:22 AM
hi tried sample card share site without any router configuration worked fine and enjoying same now

Curious123
22nd November, 2008, 12:26 PM
As there are two threads running now it is going to start getting confusing. The dreambox and the router have to be considered to as two complete seperate peices of equipment and their username and passwords have no connections with each other. Think of your dreambox as server and you create a card share account to allow you to utilise its cardsharing capabilities. The router is the gatekeeper who directs traffic to your dreambox .I am no expert on cardsharing but Fanos point is the wrong way round i.e no need to open ports if you have multiple boxes in the house and you want to share internally within your own house with all your boxes.

thered
22nd November, 2008, 04:30 PM
right im still messing with this portforward thing i think i have opened up port 80 for my box

when i put my ip addy in thered.blahblah i now get the enigma web interface and channels on my box on my pc screen

does this mean its finally working?

thanks

westkill
22nd November, 2008, 04:55 PM
right im still messing with this portforward thing i think i have opened up port 80 for my box

when i put my ip addy in thered.blahblah i now get the enigma web interface and channels on my box on my pc screen

does this mean its finally working?

thanks
you always get that red if your box is connected to your pc when you type the ip in lol
so you can change channels record and send messages to the tv in the mesage box bit like wheres my dinner lol when the misses is sat there :burnout:

thered
22nd November, 2008, 05:00 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

i was getting my router before now it goes straight to my box im still no further forward i think

surely its a piece of pi55 when you know how