PDA

View Full Version : far cry 2

dazza78
20th November, 2008, 11:13 AM
anyone got it ?
ive just brought it and i think its a bit slow really , for a 1st person shooter
does anybody know if it speeds up at all?
wots the online play like ?
i aint tried it yet
dazza

tracer
27th November, 2008, 09:09 PM
yea its very good

CookieMcCrumble
10th January, 2009, 11:52 AM
The game is slow because basically that's the environment you've been put in. There are some pretty fierce gun battles and set-pieces but all in all there's a patient pace throughout the entire game. I love FC2 though, there's a great variety of missions and I just love exploring, trying to find diamonds and safe houses etc. Find a weapon combo that works for you and you should start to love it :)

Raven
10th January, 2009, 05:21 PM
Personally I found Far Cry 2 to be really quite bland and boring both from a graphical perspective and a gameplay standpoint....it doesn't help that Crysis is also out there and is the same style of game but so much better.....I just don't think Far Cry 2 stands up to either Crysis or the original Far Cry for that matter I personally think it's a big letdown because I found it to be boring and bland....I'm sure other people love it though and this is just my opinion of the game - I didn't like it much after a few hours play.....mind you the setting and therefore the graphical style never did sit too well with me but the gameplay in that game for me is just as bland and boring in how it plays out. I got to the point where you have to find a bunch of diamonds dotted around the map or something and I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore so I set a bunch of trees on fire and watched them burn and I went back to Crysis.

davidred5
12th January, 2009, 12:05 PM
Guys I am with Raven on this one and agree Far Cry 2 is really quite bland and boring both from a graphical perspective and a gameplay standpoint.

The game just did not draw me in and I gave up due to no more than sheer boredom with the game.

As an FPS there are far better ones out there and for the same money.

COD 4 and 5
Fallout 3
Vegas 2
Resistance 2

To name just a few anyway Im sure some will like it It just wasnt for me. In fact im selling mine online as of today as I dont even want to complete it.:driver:

C64
12th January, 2009, 01:27 PM
I downloaded Farcry 2, burnt it and popped it into my Xbox360. I instantly hated it as I really don't like any 'sand-box' style games, I played it until I had my first gun fight then switched it off.

A couple of days later, I tried it again and fell in love with it!

Yes it can be slow as there is a huge map to explore and that means LOTS of travelling either on foot or in a jeep or boat (or even by hang glider if you find one), the landscape is pretty barren aswell, just like the real Africa and I think the game captures the ambiance of the country perfectly. Hot, lonely and dangerous.

The gun fights start off pretty tame but as you progress the missions get tougher as do the baddies. A lot of work has went into this game and I think it shows.

It's in my top ten games of 2008.

I don't like Fallout 3, I think I'm the only preson on the country that doesn't like it. :)

Does anyone know the release date for the new F.E.A.R game?

Raven
13th January, 2009, 04:02 AM
I just couldn't find the will to persevere with it me I found it that boring.....you're not the only one in the country who doesn't like Fallout 3 because I am another one, I don't like it either - I love Oblivion but I hate Fallout....same makers, same type of game, why the state of flux ? Because once you get to the point of leaving the vault it too becomes boring.....the weaponplay is terrible and the VATS thing is great at first but really when you resort to that for every enemy there's only so many times that you can maneouvre, click 5 times and then watch blood fly IF you got it spot on.....to me it seems that given the setting they could have done SO much more with that game basically to make it a hell of alot more exciting for the first few hours especially after leaving the vault.....this game suffers the exact same problem that Far Cry 2 does for me - bland and boring after a while.

mrglowe
9th February, 2009, 12:47 AM
sorry to highjack the thread, can any members who have completed this game, give a little help pls.
i am on the mission where you have to take the passports to the well and windmill store, first time of doing it i unlocked the underground cell, but the didnt see the car coming to me which killed me. i have since tried to this several times and i kill e1 about, but it still doesnt come up with the underground cell being unlocked nor can i get in. any help would be grateful as now losing interest in the game, and i need me maleria pills :)

dazza78
9th February, 2009, 11:57 AM
i sold my game , cant stand it way to slow for me
bad company all the way online