PDA

View Full Version : Help with choosing a HD Freesat box

joshua197
25th May, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm curently looking at installing a Freesat system and would like advice on boxes. Only interested in HD.
I saw Argos were selling a Bush box but no Argos seems to have them. Has anyone managed to get one of these. I've heard good reports on Humax box also.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

dick b
25th May, 2010, 03:56 PM
yeah my sons got the bush HD and he seems pleased with it for the price ?70 from a***s and I think they are down to about ?67 now.try their online shop.

wongers
25th May, 2010, 07:19 PM
i've got a humax freesat hdr its got bbc itunes on it its plug and play i'v had it for about 8 months now its everybit as good as sky plus though obviousley you can't get sky programmes on it but there are hd channels have a look on e-bay there usually about ?250 to buy which isnt cheap but its a top peice of kit it will hook up to your existing sky dish no problem

candyman666
25th May, 2010, 07:57 PM
I have a HD Humax box having ditched sky and its great . :proud:

sirlisterofsmeg
25th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
Humax all the way
I have both Humax & Bush boxes
The Humax is quicker to respond to channel changes etc
Both can now get BBC i-Player through the ethernet cable.
It all depends if you want to record or not ( You will need 2 cables from your LNB into your box if you do)
Check out the HUMAX DIGITAL website
HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website (http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10070&cat=stb)
NON RECORDER
HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website (http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10076&cat=stb)
RECORDER

factory refurbished units direct from Humax

Both come with a 1 year warranty from Humax

cloudnineuk54
25th May, 2010, 10:06 PM
i got a bush hd box for 40 delivered from ebay (used) fantastic for the money,but heard humax are better and have a secret menu to get a few more channs

sirlisterofsmeg
25th May, 2010, 10:35 PM
Yes on the Humax menu there is an option for either Freesat or "Other Satellite" Basically the same sat but will include alot of scrambled channels aswell
nothing worth bothering about really though to be honest

cloudnineuk54
25th May, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yes on the Humax menu there is an option for either Freesat or "Other Satellite" Basically the same sat but will include alot of scrambled channels aswell
nothing worth bothering about really though to be honest
but is there not a seccret menu on them..like red button/ green button/yellow/blue/green/yellow/blue then atenna appears, for multi sat selection,or have i heard wrong

satsmo
25th May, 2010, 10:49 PM
There is but for DiSEqC switching, (multisat), as you said, if you have one installed:

To access the Advanced menu (hidden):
- Go to Menu> SETUP
- Press RED, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE
- 2 options appear:
Antenna Setting
Manual Tune
- In Antenna Setting select your Antenna Type (Fixed, SCD, Motor*, SMATV)
- Setup as required and then use Manual Tune to search for the channels.