PDA

View Full Version : Tut on how to fix NO CA on all DM800HD

bubbles69
26th May, 2010, 03:13 PM
Quick tut to repair NO CA on all DM800HD

Please use patched version Dreamup here (http://rapidshare.com/files/391760951/DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar.html)

1. connect via serial using NULL Modem cable and Ethernet to router and pc.. ( if you don't have a Null modem cable you can purchase here null modem cable found EDITED.. ANYWHERE

2. load patched version of dreamup, select your com port and then click connect and power on dm800

3. when initialised it will display http serial mode on lcd and show dhcp ip once ip is displayed dreamup as served its purpose and now its in flashmode

4. log into webshell on pc using the 192.168.x.xxx address on LCD disply and flash as normal

bubbles69
27th May, 2010, 11:27 PM
I made this quick tut for the fact that there was 1000's of posts banging on about this problem,, and no one has bothered to sticky it am I just wasting my time...

cloudnineuk54
27th May, 2010, 11:32 PM
I made this quick tut for the fact that there was 1000's of posts banging on about this problem,, and no one has bothered to sticky it am I just wasting my time...

agree this should be a sticky

mark36
9th June, 2010, 10:28 PM
bubbles your a star,just got my DM800 today and wanted to change the image and i got the guess wot code but this little bit of advice has been priceless.
cheers mate

bubbles69
9th June, 2010, 10:39 PM
One day it might actually be noticed and made a sticky..!! glad it helped you and many others..

.: JaCkPoT :.
9th June, 2010, 10:49 PM
Sticky this thread MODS, stops alot of forum posts.

nick696
18th June, 2010, 03:41 PM
thanks............................................ ................

bubbles69
18th June, 2010, 05:59 PM
No probs glad you found it as it still not been made a sticky..!!

sfills9
19th June, 2010, 07:21 AM
Thank you.......

SAFC_FTM
19th June, 2010, 04:24 PM
this should defo be made a sticky,

cheers mate, helped me out today after i ballsed things up!

1INSTALL.CO.UK
21st June, 2010, 09:29 PM
Will tis fix an 8000 as well?

thresomedude
26th July, 2010, 09:45 PM
I have, and have had, the problem ”no ca found”.
I did as the “Tut on how to fix NO CA on all DM800HD”
describes, but added the new image via dreamup(because webinterface didn’t find it), this image:
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/best-image-db-800-hd-pvr-clone-bootloader-75-a-110303/
It took 1 hour. So far, so good.
After an hour I got the message, something like this: “everything ok”.
Dm800 hooked up and got the same message, “no ca found, contact the dream ....”.
BUT
I did not give up, took the power connector in and out in about 10 minutes, and suddenly it started up, and now runs dm800.:-)

But I am afraid to take out power and start it again ...
Some others who have experienced this?

Louiz
13th August, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi, I have got this problem. "Err01: No CA Found" I have tried the patched Dreamup but still cant connect to my HD800. I am using a Null cable and also both cross and Non-cross cable. Yet still got the same message. Anyone can help?

Anyone can tell me how to check my HD800 BL?

healeydave
9th September, 2010, 03:46 PM
Same here, I've now lost count of how many times I've downloaded the same patched dreamup program and followed the same (re-written instructions).

My LCD does not change.
When I launch ANY version of DreamUp (I think I'm up to 6 different copies included patched), click Connect and Power On the DM800, all I get in DreamUp is "Box Type: DM800" and that's it. It does not magically assign an IP to my DM800, it does not do anything else after posting that message in the log window of DreamUP and the LCD keeps the No CA Found message. :-(

I have even scanned the whole IP range with DCC to see if the DM has magically gotten an IP address without any indication but to no avail, the scanner only finds the laptop IP.

1INSTALL.CO.UK
9th September, 2010, 03:48 PM
Same here, I've now lost count of how many times I've downloaded the same patched dreamup program and followed the same (re-written instructions).

My LCD does not change.
When I launch ANY version of DreamUp (I think I'm up to 6 different copies included patched), click Connect and Power On the DM800, all I get in DreamUp is "Box Type: DM800" and that's it. It does not magically assign an IP to my DM800, it does not do anything else after posting that message in the log window of DreamUP and the LCD keeps the No CA Found message. :-(

I have even scanned the whole IP range with DCC to see if the DM has magically gotten an IP address without any indication but to no avail, the scanner only finds the laptop IP.

Since my last post on here i have had my dreambox replaced by the shop as its a common problem with the chip on the board

zibra21
20th September, 2010, 12:51 PM
how is this step done:

4. log into webshell on pc using the 192.168.x.xxx address on LCD disply and flash as normal

plasterer
20th September, 2010, 07:08 PM
Just type the ip addy of the box into your web browser mate
Hope this helps ........Paul

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/how-flash-dm800-122157/

gigi_4476
12th October, 2010, 11:35 AM

My LCD does not change.

the same problem here... how do i solve this?

dctyper
12th October, 2010, 08:40 PM
Quick tut to repair NO CA on all DM800HD

Please use patched version Dreamup here (http://rapidshare.com/files/391760951/DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar.html)

1. connect via serial using NULL Modem cable and Ethernet to router and pc.. ( if you don't have a Null modem cable you can purchase here null modem cable found EDITED.. ANYWHERE

2. load patched version of dreamup, select your com port and then click connect and power on dm800

3. when initialised it will display http serial mode on lcd and show dhcp ip once ip is displayed dreamup as served its purpose and now its in flashmode

much simpler way, just use normal dreamup and flash a lower bl version ie bl72 found in downloads, takes less than 30 secs

dc

pc_pc_pc
3rd November, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hi,

Great little tutorial. Got this patched dreamup working with wine on ubuntu. The following was necessary:

in ~/.wine/dosdevices/
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 com1
(or whatever you have as your serial port instead of /dev/ttyUSB0)

edit ~/.wine/system.reg
add to the bottom of the file:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\hardware\devicemap\serialcomm]
"COM2"="COM2"
"COM1"="COM1"

[HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\SERIALCOMM] 1131331688
"COM1"="COM1"
"COM2"="COM2"

more info here:
Wine Registry - Wine-Wiki (http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wine_Registry#Ports)

3. Fire up the patched Dreamup via wine and follow the rest of the tutorial on this thread.

Thanks!

theruler
14th January, 2011, 03:38 AM
I have this error on the llittle screen and I can't even get dreamup to recognise my box. " No ca found " message appears after a couple of seconds. I have it connected via a prolific usb to serial adapter and have COM1 selected happend after pulled the power cable out after the box froze Could someone help me please?

Thanks

lincsat
14th January, 2011, 05:16 PM
That sounds like your USB adapter is not configured properly, are you sure it's configured for COM1.

theruler
14th January, 2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks lincsat. I forgot to mention I am using a clone box. Installed the usb drivers and get dreamup to see the COM1 port but when I plug in the box it doesn't recognize the box. When I use enforcer and try to flash it with a new image I get the file to big message. Do you think the serial connector on the box might be broken? I bought it from ukdreamshop. Thanks

theruler
15th January, 2011, 08:00 PM
Still can't get dreamup to communicate with the box even with a new cable from maplin. I'm trying everything I can without having to returning but I think it's dead/bricked. :manuflag:

mtv1
15th January, 2011, 08:04 PM
don't give up try this http://rapidshare.com/files/441712505/DCC.rar connect via router :) or turn on and off the box a few times when it tells you to now connect your derambox :)

bubbles69
15th January, 2011, 09:22 PM
read the tut, if it dont see the box try a pc with a serial port if still the same the rs232 port is not working on the dm800

theruler
15th January, 2011, 10:55 PM
Old pc with serial port will not boot or I can't see any pic or screen. Tried everything but that, will try to get a pc with a serial port. o well Thanks:manuscarf:

bubbles69
16th January, 2011, 10:12 AM
dm800 must be connected through a router otherwise it wont get ip so you can log into the webshell

theruler
16th January, 2011, 05:41 PM
I do have it plugged in to the router and I have tried a desktop with a resident serial port and can the box just won't go into flash mode. Like you said bubbles, I think the dm800 has a broken rs232 port.

bubbles69
16th January, 2011, 07:47 PM
yes soon as you click connect in dreamup and power on in the dialouge box you should see found : dm800

do you get this?

theruler
16th January, 2011, 09:16 PM
I don't see any movement in dreamup at all. It just can't see it. box type stays blank. Thanks for your help

dave2014
27th January, 2011, 05:56 PM
I have had this problem too after flashing a new image. I have now managed to get it to boot into an image using bl69, if i try any other bootloader I get the no ca error again. Image boots up but when it gets to where the tuner config page should be it gets "system error hardware could not be verified", Please any ideas anyone

dave2014
28th January, 2011, 03:13 PM
My box is now working correctly after reflashing. Only problem is I still cannot get any other boot loader to work apart from bl69, if i try another bl box just reverts back to no ca error. When my box arrived it had latest sim and bl76c. There must be a way to get this back on or does this mean there is a problem with the sim or box as no matter what i try no other booloader will work.

dave2014
29th January, 2011, 08:57 PM
Anyone with an idea? I have searched all threads and tuts and tried everything I can think of. Box is working pretty perfectly but I would still like to get the proper/latest bootloader back on to it or know the reason it wont except bl76 anymore

chatty
31st January, 2011, 08:33 PM
hi all.

trying to fix no ca problem but when i use dream up i get this message. unable to open com port, aborting. i'm using a usb adapter and vista. any help please.

Bulld0g
31st January, 2011, 08:44 PM
hi all.

trying to fix no ca problem but when i use dream up i get this message. unable to open com port, aborting. i'm using a usb adapter and vista. any help please.

Try getting to a pc and use a null modem if you can. I have never been able to flash any box using a USB adapter,I know others have succeeded but I never have.

tkm18
31st January, 2011, 09:10 PM
Try getting to a pc and use a null modem if you can. I have never been able to flash any box using a USB adapter,I know others have succeeded but I never have.

You were on my thread from last night, usb to serial worked no problems using Windows 7.

Bulld0g
31st January, 2011, 09:12 PM
You were on my thread from last night, usb to serial worked no problems using Windows 7.

As I said other people have had success but i haven't.

cunny
31st January, 2011, 09:17 PM
Depends on the USB-SERIAL Adapter. I have flashed boxes with these and without these. There are Drivers to contend with on adapters, where as straight serial you aint.

dave2014
2nd February, 2011, 11:47 PM
Well out of complete frustration I took my box to bits and then removed sim only to find my sim was not 2.01 as advertised but an e-star sim ver 3, which you have to flash using certain images and certain tools which are on the estar website. I have now reflashed with estar patched software and now everything is back to normal, bl76 back on and web interface now shows all correct information insrtead of question marks ;-). So if you have the no ca found error which just seems impossible to get rid of, it maybe due to you having a new estar sim and therefore flashed an incorrect image/bootloader on it. Images for estar sims must be patched before install using there own convertor software. Hope this helps someone as it is such a frustrating problem.

fahimjan
5th August, 2011, 08:34 PM
Dear friends , i have the same problem , my dm 800HD not working will , when the ip comes on Screan of the box , the Ethernet light goes off and dm not working and also not connected with Dream up software.

I also tried the DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas software , still not connected !

Thanks

larsjeee
25th December, 2011, 03:39 PM
Well out of complete frustration I took my box to bits and then removed sim only to find my sim was not 2.01 as advertised but an e-star sim ver 3, which you have to flash using certain images and certain tools which are on the estar website. I have now reflashed with estar patched software and now everything is back to normal, bl76 back on and web interface now shows all correct information insrtead of question marks ;-). So if you have the no ca found error which just seems impossible to get rid of, it maybe due to you having a new estar sim and therefore flashed an incorrect image/bootloader on it. Images for estar sims must be patched before install using there own convertor software. Hope this helps someone as it is such a frustrating problem.

Same here, also had a e-star sim ( at first I didn't know I even had a clone) knowing that, went to e-star's website and followed the tutorials there, now my clone works 100 % again, with every image (as long as it is patched by the conversion util on e-star's website)

So everyone, first find out if you have an e-sim, otherwise all other methods will fail!

xipi
6th July, 2012, 09:19 PM
I have got the same problem of NO CA FOUND,Used all the dreamup you can imagine.All te cables also,After thousands times of plug power on and off the box gets allive, and i can connect by cable rs 232 null to the computer.Mine is Dream 800 HD PVR with sim 210 never been used. Came withSVN(099r1), 10-11-2011 nemesis enigma 2.Happy and start dreamup and injecting with bootloader #76,later #82,#84,#84a,#84b.Used nemesis,gemini,pli and so on.After every hour of flashing i still get the same error at dremaup box"010 INVALID NAME ( OR OLD VERSION ) FLASHING FAILED.BOX UNUSABLE.,Now i got the box starting and hangs at midle and shows TVI after that SCART and later PVR....
I apreciate any help or advice
In advance many thanks at all people.
Pardon my English
Xipi

xipi
6th July, 2012, 11:46 PM
Hey people.My dream 800 hd pvr is working now !!!!
After to my last post.i start (with,by cable rs232 null modem) and dreamup V2009 patched forhike and natas,and the secondstage-67 nfi and flash with Nemasis 2-3-dm800 Svn 093 ramimaher.nfi and NOW IS BOOTING NICE
THANKS TO ALL
HAVE A NICE DAY.
MINE IS SMILING
XIPI

icecave89
27th September, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hey people.My dream 800 hd pvr is working now !!!!
After to my last post.i start (with,by cable rs232 null modem) and dreamup V2009 patched forhike and natas,and the secondstage-67 nfi and flash with Nemasis 2-3-dm800 Svn 093 ramimaher.nfi and NOW IS BOOTING NICE
THANKS TO ALL
HAVE A NICE DAY.
MINE IS SMILING
XIPI

I'm also smiling again also :wink:
1000 thanks bubbles69 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/134059-bubbles69/)
USB>rs232 null modem cable + patched soft worked first time
windows 7, 800HD

DAMN bogus images around the net these days
Thanks for nothing SIM 201team /bricked my box till I found this thread
bubbles69 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/134059-bubbles69/) for President

icecave89
28th September, 2012, 08:24 PM
Dear friends , i have the same problem , my dm 800HD not working will , when the ip comes on Screan of the box , the Ethernet light goes off and dm not working and also not connected with Dream up software.

I also tried the DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas software , still not connected !

Can be a lot of things
but I found I had to move my 800HD
into my studio and connect via LAN using a switch with my computer on the same switch . For some
reason, even on the same network I could not connect.
And a NULL MODEM cable is a MUST (had mine for 20 years)

kargax
5th November, 2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, this helped out alot!

photophotos
15th December, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the tutorial.