PDA

View Full Version : USB Drive will not open

mcfranci
21st November, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hi All

I am using Microsoft Windows Vista.I bought a new pen drive and when i plug it into the PC it will not open.It then asks me to format the drive, however when i try to format windows tells me it is not able to format. Could somebody help me out.:2in1:

kevbroughton
21st November, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hi All

I am using Microsoft Windows Vista.I bought a new pen drive and when i plug it into the PC it will not open.It then asks me to format the drive, however when i try to format windows tells me it is not able to format. Could somebody help me out.:2in1:

is the drive brand new? it is nightmare but a common problem with vista, make sure you are placing into a usb2 slot and if your having problems with the front of tower for example place into the back.

Once you have added some files onto it, it should register if not then your usb drive drivers are not installed correctly, therefore place into your pc, then go to device manager in your control pannel and uninstall the drive, unplug for 30 secs then reinstall the drive.

hope this helps

mcfranci
22nd November, 2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your reply.I have been in contact with the manufacturer and there is an issue with the USB so I have to return to them.Thanks for your help

caveman_nige
23rd November, 2008, 05:39 PM
Was gonna say, sounds like its knackered to me..