PDA

View Full Version : how to flash a DM800

krazylegz
30th May, 2010, 11:35 AM
Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/Bilder/WebInterface.jpg

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.

Standby is not enough!

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/Bilder/front_pfeil.jpg

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal)

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/Bild/WebInterface.jpg

* - Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/Bilder/WebInterface2.jpg

* - On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

kbliverpool
11th September, 2010, 07:11 PM
i have done all that and got error message no ca found can you help thanks

Bulld0g
11th September, 2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/fix-no-ca-error-70341/

Decoder
16th September, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi krazylegz

I've followed all your instructions and when it comes to this part:
Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

I have no bottom of the page so "firmware upgrade" isn't showing !!? It opens in one page only so I can't scroll down but when I go through the options I can see the channel list and even get the picture of the channel it's tuned to. So what am I doing wrong please?
Only just got this box and it is quite different (well to an idiot like me!!) from my 7020.
Great post and thanks for any help/pointers you can offer.

dean123
3rd October, 2010, 09:44 PM
can some one help me i want to set up a dm8oo box or one of the starview combi boxes on the internet a

nd on a motorised dish but dont no wher to start people are
going on about how good it is but not telling how to set it all up

plasterer
3rd October, 2010, 10:21 PM
Actually they are mate
Read any of the red stickys at the top of the page
There a mountain of infomation
And will tell you exactly wot you need to know .
Maybe your post will end up there to help others
Great first post mate ............paul

standarren
23rd November, 2010, 01:14 AM
help guys no ca found think i need a bootloader

akhamis1
14th January, 2011, 09:53 PM
i have done all that and got an error message no ca found can you help thanks

z80
16th January, 2011, 12:59 AM
you need to make sure that the image you have chosen matches your sim revision number....

shahalum12
16th January, 2011, 07:42 PM
i have a clone dm800, with pre installed BL76A and Gemini v5.10 will i hace CA error?

karoboy
2nd February, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi guys am new to this forum but all the same i need an urgent reply
I'll just got this box Dreambox 800hd, But the hd channels are giving me problem like frozen and others ple what do i need to do.
Thanks

Decoder
7th February, 2011, 07:11 PM
Hi guys am new to this forum but all the same i need an urgent reply
I'll just got this box Dreambox 800hd, But the hd channels are giving me problem like frozen and others ple what do i need to do.
Thanks

Hi karoboy Well don't know where to start really mate - how long is a piece of string!!! 1. what image is it running? 2. what tuner has it got fitted? 3. are you motorised or fixed dish? 4. what signal percentage is showing? 5. does it happen on ALL HD channels or just some (and if so which ones)?

So assuming it's fairly new with possibly the latest "M" version tuner and you are up near the 100% mark with signal etc are you sure it's not your internet dropping out - again assuming you are not running original card

Before anyone can help, you really need to give more details

Hope you get it sorted OK

scoot1690
17th February, 2011, 03:13 AM
hi guys i have tried all the possible fixes in the stickies getting error no ca found but when i reboot the box and hold the start button i dont even get an ip address still coming up saying dream multimedia error look at www.dm7020.com (http://www.dm7020.com) error no ca found i am using a clone d800 nabilo image but have tried several images but all saying file too big anything else that i can try guys all help apopreciated

aabedi
31st March, 2011, 02:14 PM
Guys, I had similar issue - I guess the most important thing is working out what sim you have - I have a 2.01. Once I had that I was able to use dreamup with a serial cable to install a second stage loader (I went with 76 - my dm original came with 72). Having done that - I then installed the image making sure the image matched the SSL version AND the sim version.

try Free Dreambox Images Download (Only for NEWB DM800 SIM2) (http://dm800sim2.com)

chroneer
28th April, 2011, 05:12 PM
Can we use a better transfer application like Flashwizard for the Dreambox 800HD image update ?

Or other method like Barry Allens ?

George

pintos
25th May, 2011, 10:50 AM
Since I've never flashed a Dreambox before, i want to know if everything gets wiped-out (deleted) when u flash the firmware.

Im talking about settings, bouquets, addons, CCcam settings etc. etc.

If yes, how do you backup all these necessary things and then restore back in the new firmware.

Thanks in advance !

willem2
6th June, 2011, 04:25 PM
you have to look for the sim version that is in the box then you can recover the bootloader

nowuckinfurries
10th June, 2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone not able to flash via web interface with Win7 ?

Works ok with XP

Nwf

dianered
16th June, 2011, 11:10 AM
hi all after being with starview and been very dishearted with what they offer i have decided to go to the sat side i know i need a 1metre motorised dish (any help with were to get one cheap) what box would i need!!!! am looking for all the movies but most of all the 3oclock kick off any help with this at all big or small would be a great help also because i have only had a starview is putting the firmware in the sat boxes easy lol thanks for your help

gurudatta
27th June, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi dear I am from India want to get some FTA Channels, how DM800 can help me in this......?

galaxy1
7th July, 2011, 09:28 PM
hi guys i am new to this dm800 and accidentlly uploaded the original image on my clone box and getting error no ca found but when i reboot the box and hold the start button i dont even get an ip address still coming up saying dream multimedia error look at www.dm7020.com (http://www.dm7020.com/) error no ca found i am using a clone d800 sim 2.01. I got the right image but how to upload it?
How i can fix this ''error message''? all help is much appreciated.

:manusign:

smirnoff_rules
7th July, 2011, 09:49 PM
think this is for a clone Digital Kaos - Downloads - Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.12 FOR CLO (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/nabilosat-enigma2-black-hole-dm800-v0-12-clo-983/) or here http://dl2.dm800sim2.com/sim2/download/przitaly/sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.rar

galaxy1
8th July, 2011, 02:44 PM
thanx a million for your reply, my question is how to upload the software when the box is giving that error message?
I have downloaded the software but don,t know how to get that into the box.

smirnoff_rules
8th July, 2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/how-flash-dm800-122157/

ronfair
11th July, 2011, 09:49 AM
haven't set a Dreambox up myself but have all the info on setting it up from Chatter Box toolbar TRY IT you never know. Hope this helps

galaxy1
11th July, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanx buddy, this nabilosat blackhole image is great working perfectly fine.

Gerrit012
24th July, 2011, 12:40 AM
Hello everyone, i have a 800 clone, an tried some images. but with all i get the same message "no tuner" .
it is an sim201 with bootloader ssl82.
can please someone tell me with images i should use.
i like open pli images the most i use it also on mine db7020.
thanks for reply

southpaw
24th July, 2011, 12:57 AM
You need to configure the tuner for your dish type. If skyuk select simple . single sat . 28.2 east

southpaw
24th July, 2011, 01:04 AM
Galaxy. If you got the no CA error you need to flash if with enforcer/ dreamup and null modem connection.
search this site for "no CA error " plenty of info covering the subject mate

Damo1888
25th July, 2011, 08:18 PM
I successfully flashed my DM800 to Dream Elite Phoenix, but now when I click on 'Flash' to load another image in Firefox, the nfi file isn't getting sent to the box.

Any ideas?

fanooos
22nd August, 2011, 11:42 PM
try to use another browser or reset your browser and try again

zakarate
31st August, 2011, 12:04 PM
greetings to all...

i've a dreambox dm800 HD PVR..

i just tryied to flash it with
OoZooN-Image-dm800-20110801
using
universal DreamUp v1.3.3.7
and a
null modem cable...
it all seem to go ok it flashed returnig good in the dreamUp but when i restarted the dream box it not boot.. instead gave an error
ERRO1: NO CA FOUND..

i've tryed reflashing but no luck.. it detects.. but doesn't flash anymore..
gives the same error...

what can be done to fix this..
all expert help will be kindly apreciated..

zakarate
31st August, 2011, 12:08 PM
hey i've followed the instruction in the post:

Navigation ?Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/) > Cable (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f9/) > Cable Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/) ? DM800 NO CA FOUND/FILE TO BIG FIX

and now it seems to be booting...
~flash/vmlinux.gz...

but it shows nothing on the TV (scart plugged)

any suggestions???

Decoder
9th October, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys & Gals Just tried flashing my 800HD which has BL 72 (don't know what Sim as it isn't marked but the above came up on screen on a previous flash session) with the Blackhole_12_72 software using Dreamup V2009 patched. When I connect box it says "Box is in networked HTTP mode" is that correct please? Then go to flash button in Dreamup load up the above S/W and the Dreamup screen then says the following: Uploading file to box, Box is flashing from it's memory, OK flash copy succeeded. Then a seperate "pop-up box" comes onto the screen saying "Box was flshed successfully" so I hit the OK button. I then hit the "disconnect" on Dreamup and when I unplug the box and restart it all I get is the words DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD but nothing else appears to be happening!! What am I doing wrong please? Forgot to mention when the "box is flashing" the yellow light on the RJ 45 socket (Network connection) is solid and the green one flashes and the 800HD screen is showing "Dream Multimedia then my IP address of the box and Serial Mode" is that also correct please?
Thanks for any help/replies as this is driving me insane :beer:

THINK I'VE GOT THIS SORTED - THANKS TO ALL

carmu1234
17th October, 2011, 03:43 PM
Can someone please help?

mtv1
17th October, 2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/fix-no-ca-error-70341/ yes welcome to dk flash with dreamup ;)

carmu1234
17th October, 2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the reply.

I am a newbie here. I bought a DM800 Clone. I was trying to Flash it. Ended up with the Err01: No CA Found. I went through a few reads on Google. But no success.

What I have tried:

I connected the Null Modem (Which I made by Cutting a Serial Cable and joining the red to green and vice versa, and the black to black)

I opened DreamUp 1.3.3
Selected Com1 option
Entered in the PC IP and an IP for the Dream Box
Clicked Connect
Connected the DM800HD. (Got the error Err01: No CA Found)
Dragged the Enforcer onto Dreamup and click on Flash
Chose a File - Gemini-5.1-OE1.6-dm800-SSL70_TS
I get the error, File too big

What am I doing wrong here.

All your help will be highly appreciated.

I have been stuck with a dead box for more than a week now.

Thanks.

kakexi
18th October, 2011, 11:47 PM
I opened DreamUp 1.3.3
Selected Com1 option !(must 115200 bitrate )
Entered in the PC IP and an IP for the Dream Box
Clicked Connect
Connected the DM800HD. (Got the error Err01: No CA Found)
Dragged the Enforcer onto Dreamup and click on Flash
Chose a File - Gemini-5.1-OE1.6-dm800-SSL70_TS
I get the error, File too big
SO put new sim firm ! Find Backup-SSL76D-sifteam149-ping800.zip or dm800hd sim201 SSL76D.rar
if not work i send more ..

mtv1
18th October, 2011, 11:50 PM
try the patched dreamup mate , , make shure you got the right image for your sim ;)_

LandUzu
21st October, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hi guys, i have just taken delivery of a DM800 Clone and bought it on the pretence it may be f**ked.
i am however optimistic and wish to move forward.

i have seen the "#72" during bootup & "20090303" I have also seen on my screen "nabilosat" and "blackhole" also enigma2.
I can connect the dm800 clone via my router/pc and the box gets an IP address.
I have also downloaded some random .nfi images but after reading on here about getting the right sim version etc, i thought better of just chancing a flash via web browser and decided to ask some questions here.

1. how do i find my sim. version number please?
2. i have also seen that there appears to be some recommended images on here that are good.
3. what is the most reliable method for flashing to these boxes.
4. What are bouquets and what purpose do they serve.

Im in the UK and i have an old sly dish up. I am fairly tech seavvy and confident, but i AM AN ABSOLUTE NOOB @ all this lark. I am however looking forward to learning and sharing what i gain here. I have searched this thread but not found what i need to know, please point me in the direction of another thread if im posting in the wrong zone here guys n gals.

best regards:aetsch:

andy91
21st October, 2011, 06:10 PM
Look under the box and see if it says sim2 on a sticker lol

Andy,

LandUzu
21st October, 2011, 06:43 PM
Look under the box and see if it says sim2 on a sticker lol

Andy,

Hi Andy, thanks for ther reply, unfortunately i have looked underneath the box, the box it came in and since my first post, i have actually opened the main box and see a white sim card but cannot get it out. On the back of this card it had "US 2" then underneath that 4 other numbers. The gold chip bit actually looked more complex than the pictures on here ive seen of sim 1, so in a totally uneducated guess, im gonna guess 2 but that is all it is-a guess.

I have also noted that i think i have bootloader version #72,
Do i need to upgrade this? How do i do that if necessary please?

again, thanks for your early reply.:D

seanc13
28th October, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hi all
newbie here who just knackered his Dm800 somehow.
This post seems to be the way to retrieve situation so am going to try.

TIA

seanc13
28th October, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi

You are ME! lol
I have the exact same situation as you though mine was ok until about 20 mins ago but tried to update it (dope ) and now it's knackered. Am technically savvy ( I thought ) until I got into this lark!

kingpin63
22nd December, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hi Guys Just tried flashing my 800HD which has BL 72 (don't know what Sim as it isn't marked but the above came up on screen on a previous flash session) with the gemini2-440-dm800_ss70 modified by jams01.nfi software using Dreamup V2009 patched. When I connect box it says "Box is in networked HTTP mode" is that correct please? Then go to flash button in Dreamup load up the above S/W and the Dreamup screen then says the following: Uploading file to box, Box is flashing from it's memory, OK flash copy succeeded. Then a seperate "pop-up box" comes onto the screen saying "Box was flshed successfully" so I hit the OK button. I then hit the "disconnect" on Dreamup and when I unplug the box and restart it all I get is the words DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD but nothing else appears to be happening!! What am I doing wrong please?

22nd December, 2011, 04:13 PM
Firstly kingpin you really need to know the sim version. Secondly, why are you using dreamup? It will be easier and faster to flash via your browser if you can get it into flash mode

kingpin63
22nd December, 2011, 04:33 PM
hi 00360362878

im using dreamup bc i only get DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD nothing else appears i put the wrong image on sim201e-76A-gemini2-510-dm800-20100721145005.nfi i think the sim was 2.00

22nd December, 2011, 05:35 PM
hi 00360362878

im using dreamup bc i only get DREAM multimedia showing in the screen of the 800HD nothing else appears i put the wrong image on sim201e-76A-gemini2-510-dm800-20100721145005.nfi i think the sim was 2.00

Have you tried switching it off, wait a min or so, hold you finger on the power button on the front of the box and hold it there, then switch the box back on, keep your finger on the button till the box display's the ip addy and ***stop***. If you get it to this stage, it is in flash mode, and as long as you have the correct image nfi file for your sim type, you can flash with your web browser.

Don't try flashing the box untill you know your sim version, there are quite a few threads about to help you with that.

leerfc2012
1st June, 2012, 07:12 PM

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.

Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't

* - On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

Noob here so thanks for all the help:giveup:

slroro
20th March, 2013, 12:30 AM
no power at all, except the ethernet cable and the fan running.

help

hackman
5th June, 2013, 10:11 PM
Anyone not able to flash via web interface with Win7 ?

Works ok with XP

Nwf

i cant seem to flash genuine dm800 with win7. tried compatibility mode (xp) but no joy

dingdongbells
20th August, 2013, 10:59 PM

What you need to flash
like HyperTerm.
(non-cross) cable.

Standby is not enough!

i need to flash my box, i have got as far as

were do i get this file from has anyone got a link

umeepatel
22nd December, 2014, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=chroneer;1076705]Can we use a better transfer application like Flashwizard for the Dreambox 800HD image update ?

Or other method like Barry Allens ?

George[/QUOTE

i Could not find boot loader link