PDA

View Full Version : Modded 360

dafman
22nd November, 2008, 11:51 AM
does anyone know where i can buy a premodded 360 or should i just buy one and get it chipped

dowlinr
22nd November, 2008, 04:37 PM
There are no modchips available for the 360 it's all done by flashing the DVD drive.

Depending on what drive you get it may be a little harder than usual. If you are unlucky enough to get a liteon drive (which is what most new 360s are shipping with) then you will need to purchase another DVD drive and spoof it so the 360 thinks it's the original drive.

All other drives can be done without purchasing a replacement DVD drive.

You can buy premodded on Ebay but I'd watch out if you are as a lot will be banned from Xbox live. Another thing to think about when buying 2nd hand is you won't know the consoles history. It could have RRoD in the past and if so it is likely to do it again in the future.

Xbox Live are currently handing out bans to modded xboxs. So far (touch wood) I've been ok but for how long no one knows as no one knows what they are currently banning for. One thought is that it is caused by badly ripped games.

dafman
22nd November, 2008, 08:52 PM
Cheers I was buying one for grandson at christmas so it probably will have the liteon drive

C64
22nd November, 2008, 09:08 PM
There are no modchips available for the 360

Yes there is :)

They're just pretty pointless unless you want to access the KeyVault to edit your console ID.

Cable Baron
24th November, 2008, 08:18 PM
how do you know what dvd drive is in an xbox 360

dowlinr
24th November, 2008, 08:22 PM
how do you know what dvd drive is in an xbox 360

Xbox 360 DVD Drive Comparison How to determine which version DVD drive you have in your Xbox 360, Samsung, Hitachi, Benq (http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm)

Cable Baron
24th November, 2008, 08:39 PM
thanks for the link

djcj
28th November, 2008, 09:37 PM
heard the lights dont last long

jake1970
30th November, 2008, 02:50 PM
best place i found for already modded 360 was gamesworlddirect they know what they are doing ,they had problems last xmas but i stuck with them and they are under new mangement. i got one for my son last xmas good thing with the site is you can buy warranty as when opened warranty is void hope this helps