PDA

View Full Version : dm8000 clone

sossybaby
31st May, 2010, 12:20 PM
hi.
anyone got one of these yet. i do want one, but the cheapest i can find is ?439 with ferrari sim. thats still alot of money for what is essensionally a fake.
are there any patched images available.
does it get hot like the early dm800 did.
regards.

Oily
31st May, 2010, 12:41 PM
hi.
anyone got one of these yet. i do want one, but the cheapest i can find is ?439 with ferrari sim. thats still alot of money for what is essensionally a fake.

Then buy the real deal then :hmmmm2:

mouss800
31st May, 2010, 02:25 PM
wait till 3d boxes come out

father ted
31st May, 2010, 02:51 PM
hi.
are there any patched images available.
does it get hot like the early dm800 did.
regards.

i ahve a clone 800 hd and payed 240 usd which works out at 171 quid ,really impressed with it black hole image on it ,comes with a default image but takes about 5 mins to change it via web interface

southpaw
31st May, 2010, 03:16 PM
if you need 2 tuners i dont understand why you would go clone , when vu + duo is cheaper ,

bubbles69
31st May, 2010, 10:28 PM
Yes vu+ duo is great

Oily
1st June, 2010, 06:45 PM
if you need 2 tuners i dont understand why you would go clone , when vu + duo is cheaper ,

The DM8000 can do 4 tuners

sossybaby
2nd June, 2010, 07:26 PM
Yes vu+ duo is great

i did look at the vu+. the hardware looks good but aesthetically i can't stand it.
it looks like johnny five from short circuit. i don't think the remote's been designed that well, and there are some users (especially on the scandinavian forums) who aren't happy with the picture quality.
that said, i'm not knocking the vu+ as i dont have one.
i currently use a 7025 sat/cable. (which i'm very happy with). and an azbox premium. (which i'm not that happy with but admit its getting better).
i'm now thinking of the dm8000 clone, and want to know if there are any bugs. the first batch of dm receivers always have bugs.
maybe linuxsat or sat-shop can tell us.
regards.

southpaw
3rd June, 2010, 06:36 AM
they havent even mastered the 800 yet , i wouldnt touch a clone 8000 till fair bit of feedback from others , imagine it would cost ?400 , seems a bit risky to me

Btw , anybody who needs 4 tuners really needs to get out more

o71g
3rd June, 2010, 02:57 PM
i can't stand it. it looks like johnny five from short circuit.

Number three is ug-errr-ly
:roflmao:

tomthebomb1968
6th June, 2010, 06:40 AM
i did look at the vu+. the hardware looks good but aesthetically i can't stand it.
it looks like johnny five from short circuit. i don't think the remote's been designed that well, and there are some users (especially on the scandinavian forums) who aren't happy with the picture quality.
i currently use a 7025 sat/cable. (which i'm very happy with). and an azbox premium. (which i'm not that happy with but admit its getting better).
i'm now thinking of the dm8000 clone, and want to know if there are any bugs. the first batch of dm receivers always have bugs.
regards.
I wasn't too fussed on the VU+ Duos looks either from pictures on the net but its actually not as bad in the flesh.

Those semi-circle things are not distinguishable unless your really close to the box. Looks completely black from my couch.
Glad i got it.

Sat-Shop
6th June, 2010, 09:20 AM
regards.

Sorry can't help with regards to clones, we don't and won't be selling any clones.... VU+ DUO I can comment on, in my opinion THE best receiver on the market at the moment (for most peoples needs), absolutely nothing wrong with SD and HD picture quality, maybe the problems you've read about were with SD pictures from a few months back (and I never thought they were that bad anyway) but a driver update a few months back now cured any perceived problems. Support for updates imo is far superior to DMM as is the build quality (again this is compared to originals, don't know about clones), and as mentioned the pictures on the net you see don't really do the receiver justice, you want to come and see one 'in the flesh' you are more than welcome to come over to Leicester to see it in action, I honestly find it hard to fault, suppose there must be some though!

EDIT: Sorry just thought I'd add this maybe sounds like I was taking the thread off topic, but was just in response to the question asked in passing... Personally think you'd have to be mad to spend ?450-?500 on a fake, but if option of adding 2 extra tuners is really THAT important then suppose it's got to be considerered, but come on how many people really NEED 4 tuners?

bubbles69
6th June, 2010, 08:17 PM
Agree with sat-shop absolute crazy to purchase a clone dm8000 witch you would be lucky to source as the Chinese offer them but don't stock them just a publicity stunt.!!! and the vu+ duo box is very good built on the same design as the dreambox obviously where they got the idea from but its a very good box, and who on earth is going to fill up 4 tuner slots..!!

firestorm
25th June, 2010, 09:39 PM
i see the clones have now hit the uk
DM8000 (http://satronics.co.uk/satshop/category.php?id_category=17)

alunfennell
26th June, 2010, 02:19 AM
I would not touch one in a fit, they are made with Materials sourced as cheap as humanly possible, and are built with little regard for quality, but the biggest difference will be the cutting of corners in getting any failed receivers to operate if there was any defect in production, for example Original dreambox tuners may not work because of different materials or slightly inferior board architecture.

One thing spending money on a Clone 800HD for 170 quid a different matter handing out 400+ quid for a clone, with 400+ quid you could easily buy yourself a real new 800HD-SE later on this year with all the latest upgrades Processor/Memory etc, this will beat any clone 8000 hands down

manxspud
26th June, 2010, 07:54 AM
i see the clones have now hit the uk
DM8000 (http://satronics.co.uk/satshop/category.php?id_category=17)

I don't get the part where it says "In Stock Now On A O2O basis"

Is it in stock ... or will they order it after you order it ...

Seems a little unclear does that.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the VU+ can run a usb dvt -dongle that would give you 3 tuners, 2 sat and 1 terrestrial.
(will have to check on that).

This is what i am saving my pocket money to buy, as all reports i have read by owners are very positive. Also had a comment from digidude on another forum that he was impressed and recommends it, thats enough for me to want one.

father ted
26th June, 2010, 08:00 AM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the VU+ can run a usb dvt -dongle that would give you 3 tuners, 2 sat and 1 terrestrial.

This is what i am saving my pocket money to buy, as all reports i have read by owners are very positive. Also had a comment from digidude on another forum that he was impressed and recommends it, thats enough for me to want one.

yep its true you can run usb dvt-dongle ,you wont be dissapointed when you get one trust me :bounce:

manxspud
26th June, 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the confirmation ft,

Saves me having to reread every post i have read in the past few weeks. lol

So positive from digi and ft ... says all you need to know really. Will have to get mrs manx on the night shift lol

sossybaby
23rd July, 2010, 11:53 PM
I don't get the part where it says "In Stock Now On A O2O basis"

Is it in stock ... or will they order it after you order it ...

Seems a little unclear does that.

020 means order to order, so yes, they order after you order, although they say they are in stock.
i agree, the website is confusing.

i presume they mean in stock......in china.

for the record, mine took 11 days to arrive, though i am blown away by its performance.

waqasahmed
24th July, 2010, 12:41 AM
With regards to people saying they use the cheapest parts. This is kinda true. People want cheap, so people buy cheap. However sellers in the far east go a lot of stick for selling inferior DM 800 clones. Now the quality has really been upped!

Most people dont think twice about buying a DM 500S clone, considering theres SOOO much research gone in to them over the years, and you can now get really good clones. The DM 800 clones are getting better and better day by day, with clones coming with BL 76, Sim 2.01, and fans on top of the heatsinks

The first batch of the DM 8000 clones will also be dodgy, however time will tell. Many people are purchasing DM 800 clones with no problems

DJSimo
29th July, 2010, 02:19 PM
Has any one purchased a clone yet??

I am searching to buy 1, but specs look different on many chinese sites ie:- some have DVI not HDMI and some only have YpbPr output ??

If anyone knows a reliable supplier please PM me.

southpaw
29th July, 2010, 02:39 PM
Has any one purchased a clone yet??

I am searching to buy 1, but specs look different on many chinese sites ie:- some have DVI not HDMI and some only have YpbPr output ??

If anyone knows a reliable supplier please PM me.

have a look on this site mate , few users have them already

Dreambox Made in China OEM Forum - Forums powered by UBB.threads? (http://www.8a8f8.com/)