PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne with tailgate problem

keeskro
31st May, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I want to know if I realy need a bosch kts 520 etc. to
use piwis diagnostic software or is there an other way?
Otherwise I have to bulid something together because I need it very badly.
I have a cayenne 2008 with a problem on the electronic tailgate,when I push the remote the lock stays on and the moters are trying to push the tailgate to open.
I have a x431 diagun with the porsche software but it
does not go in the tailgate ecu.

I hope someone can help me out,
best regards Kees

z786
31st May, 2010, 09:50 PM
it should be the same electronics as a VW Touraeg
scan it like a vw, or better still use Vag-com (VCDS)

Meat-Head
31st May, 2010, 10:21 PM
it should be the same electronics as a VW Touraeg
scan it like a vw, or better still use Vag-com (VCDS)

Nil Poi.

Word on the street is they look the same, dream the same dreams etc. BUT Legand has it, that VW and Mr Porsche spilit up from the project about 3 years before they were released.

This is why you can't get the tings to read as VW

TIP:

To reset the service light, starts off the same as Mk5 VW Gulf but you press the 'reset' button on the wiper stalk.

BROKE you sim card holder in the radio, ?1000 for a new one sir, did you sir, suits you sir, go on sir, remove the telephone module from under the drivers seat, sir 3 screw, and yank sir, STRIP sir, keep stripping untill you find the 'secret' SIM card holder, pop in in, you know you want to.

Parking sensors, look VERY much like Vectra C ones, even down to the funky box, twice the price.

Wiper motor, with 4 wires, red, brun, and 2 funky Canbus ones!

Headlights, you have to programme

THINK you can get cables through the bulkhead via the scuttle panel, if not find a hole on the end of the drill

z786
31st May, 2010, 10:39 PM
mate trus me, iv done a few
diagnostics n mileage correction is the same on them

Meat-Head
31st May, 2010, 10:50 PM
mate trus me, iv done a few
diagnostics n mileage correction is the same on them

Stale Mate, not going to argue, but you ring "Smeg-Head City VW" and ask them, what they think to the subject!

Just had a quick look for it, and can't see it mentioned where they were 'differant' before they were produced.

Meat-Head
22nd June, 2012, 09:05 PM
tried, playing the grand old duke of york on the tape player

keeskro
10th November, 2013, 10:57 PM
Hello guys,it was a little oxidation on the fuse,simpel but that was the problem,diagnostics is a little bit possibel with bosch kts,not with vagcom,a little bit more with launch and perfect with Porsche piwis and durametric,thanks for your reactions,regards kees

MrWho
13th November, 2013, 05:21 AM
Vag com does work on older Cayennes pre 2011

genius76
13th November, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hello guys,it was a little oxidation on the fuse,simpel but that was the problem,diagnostics is a little bit possibel with bosch kts,not with vagcom,a little bit more with launch and perfect with Porsche piwis and durametric,thanks for your reactions,regards kees

so after 3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee years you found problem ? :dong: or u come in dk after 3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee years for another help and found that you still not posted what was what ?

keeskro
17th December, 2013, 08:29 PM
I did my best,I started my own workshop at that time,I do not know if you have one but when you start up there is a lot coming your way and you want your custumor to be satisfied and happy with a quick solution.I managed to repair it quikly but to post back on the forum that was a problem at that time,working for aprox 18 hours a day,some things you do not make time for then.Now everything is going perfect and I have time to spend some time on the net,posting back for example. regards kees

Meat-Head
17th December, 2013, 11:53 PM
at that time,working for aprox 18 hours a day,some things you do not make time for then.Now everything is going perfect and I have time to spend some time on the net,posting back for example. regards kees

Well at that time DK had a donate function, so all that money you could have donated some.

DK at work is a must