PDA

View Full Version : How to find new Netid and Frequency

shamatpl
31st May, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hi.....

I have posted the the following in another thread but have had no response, so started this thread...

Just to clairfy the need for me to know this is "the how to do", as oposed to the end result of viewing channels, as i have the channels back...

Quote:

"Hi... am going to post my findings, loss of service in London. had to look at Eurovox, Dbox2 and Sony TV with built in cable tuner..

Eurovox: left symbol rate at 6952, found loads of channels, many duplicates, more or less all back.

Nokia Dbox2: Commando 12, had to select the Bruteforce, location free method, leaving the Netid and Freq blank, only symbol rate 6952, again found more or less everything, as well as loads of non viewable.

Sony TV: Symbol 6952, Netid: set to Auto, Freq: set to Auto... would not find anything, no transponders, nothing, I noted that the Auto function, put in the Netid of 40985 and Freq of 515000, which were the correct values prior to service going down last week.

Pace Sub Box: went into engineers menu and settings are, Symb 6952, Netid 40985 and Freq: 515000, channels are there, but an "ER11" code is present, think that means frequency discrepencies between the original settings as above and what it is receiving.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, in my non expert opnion I beleive the Netid and Freq have both changed, the Eurovox and Dbox2 are Brutforce scanning so finding channels, dont beleive the Sony TV uses this method, so locks onto local settings which no longer are valid.

As for the Pace Sub box: it must be picking up the new freq and netid, but I have no idea where to look to find that info.

Any pointers would be appricated, and hope some of the info helps some of you guys out..... Thanks... "

Would be nice to know in laymans terms how the Bruteforce works and any explanation on any of the above aspects, appricate that N3 will be here soon, but still would like to get a better understanding of what I have experinced, detailed above, thanks for your input.....