PDA

View Full Version : hard drive data recovery

elhefe
22nd November, 2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Guys just looking for opinions and experiences with hard drive data recovery companys in the UK. has anyone had the misfortune to loose a hard drive and use one of these companys?

its not for me (thankfully :) ) but a good friend of mine who lost all his company databases ( access , excel ) and all his mail messages.
The cause an electrical fault and subsequent fire and water damage.

any input would be greatly appericated

Elhefe

waffleoven
22nd November, 2008, 02:18 PM
there are a few company's out there that can do it best thing to do is call around some of them find out what they say i know my brother has had this problem before and he managed to get a company to do it was a risk but turned out was worth taking it

Street Hawk
28th November, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hi, if you are still looking for a data recovery company i have the solution for you. i work for a global company that has various user's who's hard drive's have failed in the past that required data recovery. the data that needed to be recovered was important data. these guys are Ace at data recovery and the cost is much better than other companys e.g Cheaper! its a no fix no fee policy and they even send you screen shots of the data on your hard drive before they recover the data from your hard drive so you can choose what data you want to recover! its great.. I never had a drive sent to them that they couldnt recover.
Im not sure if i can post the link to the website on here as i am a new member and need to read all the rules but PM me and ill email you the link asap.

Regards

Street Hawk

peggimon
3rd December, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Guys just looking for opinions and experiences with hard drive data recovery companys in the UK. has anyone had the misfortune to loose a hard drive and use one of these companys?

its not for me (thankfully :) ) but a good friend of mine who lost all his company databases ( access , excel ) and all his mail messages.
The cause an electrical fault and subsequent fire and water damage.

any input would be greatly appericated

Elhefe

Hiya,
Just as a possible solution, You can get data recovery software that works..
I have used a program called "Easy Recovery" and that recovered 85% of my lost data, might be worth a try before sending the hard drive off to any company, and a lot cheaper option if it works...

Hope this helps:ciao: