PDA

View Full Version : couple of probs with new starview 4

thewizardofodds
22nd November, 2008, 05:29 PM
got a starview 4 yesterday ans had it all working in 5 minutes.
I do have couple of probs though.
Firstly theres no epg, all i get is the channel list when I press epg, although it has appeared once on twice(when the missus did it for some reason).
My second prob is with audio on a few channels ie all warbled, chirping sound and one channel has no sound at all.
Because 95% are fine I'm thinking its signal issue.
Any body got any ideas?
cheers

kyle2211
22nd November, 2008, 07:20 PM
hi mate,

the epg problem could be because your time is wrong press one of the coloured buttons and you'd be able to correct the time. i had same problem. if your time is right try switching off the box using the power switch on the back of the sv4 and power back on then it should be all there. thats what i do. hoping the new firmware will rectify this. for the sound issue i dont have a clue but most people on this forum are really good and i'm sure they'll help!

kyle

thewizardofodds
22nd November, 2008, 10:08 PM
kyle cheers, set time and epg working but its still not right.
time is ok but the programme times seem to be an hour ahead , ie something that starts at 8pm will show in epg as starting at nine.

ezop
22nd November, 2008, 10:12 PM
press the yellow button and set the summer time to off that will sort out your epg time difference as for the sound does it squelch high pitch and then the sound goes very low .. ??

thewizardofodds
22nd November, 2008, 10:40 PM
press the yellow button and set the summer time to off that will sort out your epg time difference as for the sound does it squelch high pitch and then the sound goes very low .. ??

cheers but sussed the summer thing.
yes the audio does start loud and gets lowers. In a cycle of 3 bleeps loud bleeps , lower bleeps , even lower bleep. then does it again..

ezop
23rd November, 2008, 12:53 PM
i have a similar problem with my box in the bedroom all i do is just turn the cable feed slightly and it sorts it out .. im not sure if my problem is the cable being to long ( about 5 meters from the splitter ) or the cheap connector that I'm using that attach's to the box ..

vrlika
23rd November, 2008, 04:38 PM
never let missus in charge of remote control lol.

thewizardofodds
25th November, 2008, 06:35 AM
I upgraded to the new 1.05 version and the channels that the audio was dodgy on seemed top be fixed but other channels were affected this time.
Anyway if I press the audio button and select the other option its fine, so dont think it can be signal prob can it?
What level should I have?