PDA

View Full Version : What equiptment to start with all this with??

thewizardofodds
2nd June, 2010, 01:44 AM
Been reading up on car data stuff off and on for a while now and want to start getting some equiptment.
I have years of experience with reading writing chips, removing smt's to read etc from mobile phones to cable boxes/ modems consoles etc etc.
anyway got a few programmers , readers, adaptors , willem, rs232 cables, flash cables etc etc etc
Now I want to invest in some cables for my laptop so I can start reading codes etc but not sure what to buy, theres so many cables , sellers etc so bit confused.
At moment i've got an Alfa 156 and a renault megane so so something that works on these to start with would be cool.
Not looking to spend too much to start with so any pointers greatly appreciated.

rsibiza
23rd June, 2010, 07:16 AM
Been reading up on car data stuff off and on for a while now and want to start getting some equiptment.
I have years of experience with reading writing chips, removing smt's to read etc from mobile phones to cable boxes/ modems consoles etc etc.
anyway got a few programmers , readers, adaptors , willem, rs232 cables, flash cables etc etc etc
Now I want to invest in some cables for my laptop so I can start reading codes etc but not sure what to buy, theres so many cables , sellers etc so bit confused.
At moment i've got an Alfa 156 and a renault megane so so something that works on these to start with would be cool.
Not looking to spend too much to start with so any pointers greatly appreciated.

Try the memoscan from www.memoscan.cn (http://www.memoscan.cn)

I used the can based model,free updates online langauage can be changed,all brands,but only for Engine controllers.