PDA

View Full Version : printer slow

pennine
22nd November, 2008, 08:43 PM
hi all have an epsom dx4200 all in one if i decide to print from a web page i get the following
internet explorer security
a website wants to open web content using this progam on your computer
this program does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher
this program will open outside of protected mode putting your computer at risk
you should only run programs
mame ..o1\ drivers\w32 x86\3\e- famtaee.exe
publisher sieko epsom corperation

allow dont allow
if i request to print a page it dislays this message i click allow and it takes hours to print off any help please

caveman_nige
22nd November, 2008, 08:46 PM
Does this happen from any website you try to print from or just the one you hare trying now? I am sure this is a standard IE message..

pennine
22nd November, 2008, 08:58 PM
it happens from all websites ive tried, took 2 days with the printer turned on and off when computer was shutdown never had problems before

caveman_nige
23rd November, 2008, 05:47 PM
Can't say I have come across this issue before. Have you tried downloading the latest drivers and software from epson? What version of windows/linux/mac are you using?

You could try this:

Step-1 Click Start.

Step-2 Double click Printer and Faxes.

Step-3 Right click on Printer icon and click Properties.

Step-4 Click Advanced and choose print directly to the printer.

pennine
23rd November, 2008, 09:22 PM
running windows vista 16 print jobs in queue someone said it could be malware and run a scan.
printed a windows printer test page and additional files used by this driver c:\ windows\system32\spool \drivers\w32x86\3\E_famtaee.exe same as displayed in first message

caveman_nige
24th November, 2008, 01:58 PM
Always worth running a scan, I do this every two weeks anyway with 3 separate programs to check over my PC.

As it is still inclear what is happening, you might want to check with Epson to see if the product is truly Vista compatible.. Obviously you should delete all the print jobs, once they are screwed and not printing there is no point in building up others in a queue.

Download Opera or Firefox and see whether you can print from them. I know this will not fix the printing from IE issue but we need to figure out whether its an IE or Vista problem. I assume you can print from Word or Excel etc (e.g. other MS programs)..

pennine
24th November, 2008, 08:16 PM
just tried printer and still displays same message from Internet security click on allow and it worked o.k. print job not in queue, can print from ms word i will see how it goes on
many thanks caveman nige