PDA

View Full Version : Help understanding softcams

mooreand
22nd November, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi
Have been reading posts over the last few days, trying to understand what I need to do to improve veiwing, I have managed to set up my TM6800hd with lastest patch file from site, Thanks to all, But am strugling a little with softcam files what do I have to do, is there a number of files for all the different keys, It also looks like you can add keys via the remote hand set for the receiver. I am thinking of buying a diablo cam and programer if this should be the way to go, any recommendation would be of help.

I am new to this and learing daily thanks to all you helpful people.

PS best place for cam purchase would be appreciated.

mooreand

.: JaCkPoT :.
22nd November, 2008, 10:57 PM
all this help and still want more????? lol im always here mate to help peeps like you..
a softcam just includes the latest keys and is like a add on or fix to a patch.
DIABLO LIGHT 2.3 - ?89.00 : Wizard Satellite, Satellite receivers, dishes, lnbs and equipment (http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=98&zenid=17bbcv9mo0r6pve3qjhee6rbn2)

benny/9
24th November, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hi
Have been reading posts over the last few days, trying to understand what I need to do to improve veiwing, I have managed to set up my TM6800hd with lastest patch file from site, Thanks to all, But am strugling a little with softcam files what do I have to do, is there a number of files for all the different keys, It also looks like you can add keys via the remote hand set for the receiver. I am thinking of buying a diablo cam and programer if this should be the way to go, any recommendation would be of help.

I am new to this and learing daily thanks to all you helpful people.

PS best place for cam purchase would be appreciated.

mooreand
hi m8,
you dont say if your system is motorised to get the best of whats available from both the receiver and a diablo it needs a motor as for softcams these are key files and are easier and faster to load than
useing your remote control, and with your model it's even quicker with a memory stick, have a read of this info i hope it helps
FIRST ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT PATCH FOR YOUR MODEL
there are various models and only the correct patch will work even load on your model
from the forum first download the correct patch for your receiver,andthen open the zipped folder and remove the patch ready to use
next transfer the patch onto your usb memory stick. next insert your usb memory stick in the usb port under the front flap and then turn the receiver on ready to load the patch.then press the usb button on your remote. on the next screen go to data transfer and click>ok
now you will see a panel with the patch on it, it will highlight, [for patching]
press ok on the highlighted patch then it will load and when it gets to 100% and has loaded, and the receiver has re-booted [turned off and on again] and the channel opens, remove your usb memory stick. you have now loaded the patch and your channels will now open.
you also load softcams/channel lists/official software etc:in exactly the same way by selecting the item you want to load.

mooreand
24th November, 2008, 08:40 PM
Hi

I have manage to load the patch from the sticky ok and have a numberr of channels open , But are struggling to find the soft cam files that relate to my reciver TM 6800 hd, I also just ordered a diablo cam and programmer, it will arrive later this week ,

Thanks

benny/9
24th November, 2008, 08:42 PM
Hi

I have manage to load the patch from the sticky ok and have a numberr of channels open , But are struggling to find the soft cam files that relate to my reciver TM 6800 hd, I also just ordered a diablo cam and programmer, it will arrive later this week ,

Thanks
the technomate softcam is for every tm model

mooreand
24th November, 2008, 08:59 PM
silly question

where are they I have looked in dload area on site !!

PM if necessary

thanks

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th November, 2008, 09:01 PM
the technomate softcam is for every tm model
hi mate...
its for everyone of the latest receivers...
this does not include 2000. old 5000. 7000 and obviously the 9100