PDA

View Full Version : whats the best card to get

ticticboom
22nd November, 2008, 10:09 PM
i have the m3 simply but now it seems theres no update on the firmwares latest one i have is 1.14 but it doesnt play some of the newer games any one have any ideas or recommed a card that has regular firmware updates thanks in advance.:star:

cgscott
23rd November, 2008, 11:07 PM
I use the r4 card and have no problems with any games even the newest ones.

billy2
24th November, 2008, 07:55 PM
i also use the r4 card for over a year now only ever had probs with 2 games , only thing is there is alot of fakes around now

opsmonkey
26th November, 2008, 01:52 AM
I use the TT.. it supports MicroSD (SDHC) where as the R4 only lets you use a standard MicroSD and as stated there are tons of R4 fakes.. :)

bigman2
26th November, 2008, 09:54 AM
I use the TT.. it supports MicroSD (SDHC) where as the R4 only lets you use a standard MicroSD and as stated there are tons of R4 fakes.. :)

Lots of TT fakes about as well. I have an R4, supercard and a Acekard. The supercard has best build quality. I did buy a DSTT but it never worked and soon went back. I know of several other people who ended up with dud DSTT cards. Then again the DSTT can be bought for less than $7 delivered so it might be worth the risk.

salfordred
28th November, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hi all im looking to buy a dstt card but not sure who sell genuine cards all seem to be fake could anybody point me in the right direction....Thanks :hmmmm:

billy2
28th November, 2008, 12:38 AM
hi m8 i got some last week from supercardstore.com

buckoff
28th November, 2008, 02:46 PM
Bought R4 of supercardstore.com, had it 12 month ish without any trouble, update software regular and plays all latest games with no prob's

salfordred
28th November, 2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the replys guys i will take a look at supercardstore :cheers:

vonnie62
29th November, 2008, 12:22 AM
I have two R4's and they have yet to let me down!

Staminastan
29th November, 2008, 02:09 PM
I've bought half a dozen or so DSTT cards from dealextreme.com and all have worked fab with every game my GF has put on them, fast enough delivery too.

salfordred
29th November, 2008, 07:54 PM
I've bought half a dozen or so DSTT cards from dealextreme.com and all have worked fab with every game my GF has put on them, fast enough delivery too.

Hi mate and thanks for the reply i have also bought from dealextreme and got three last week all are copys and can take ten to fifteen time to boot to game select screen which is really frustrating, i have tryed all available tt software but no joy !

peterpanok
30th November, 2008, 12:45 PM
i have an m3 ds real with 8gb sdhc card no probs whatso ever.

Staminastan
30th November, 2008, 02:28 PM
Oh dear! To be honest I've never played a "genuine" game nor used any other card to play backups off so I have nothing to compare DE's against. To me they don't seem to me to be taking too long to loadup - it is seven seconds from thumbing ON until the game select screen comes up, then 3seconds from selecting Arkanoid before its intro sequence starts. Does that sound like a copy to you? I bought this card about 2months ago.

Hi mate and thanks for the reply i have also bought from dealextreme and got three last week all are copys and can take ten to fifteen time to boot to game select screen which is really frustrating, i have tryed all available tt software but no joy !

HADDERS
3rd December, 2008, 01:49 PM
HEY i think the ds one card is a good one havent had another to compare it to it uses a micro sd card and gets 5 stars from me look at consoleup.com

Doomed
4th December, 2008, 12:26 PM

Have you contacted them for rma. I know someone who did and they swapped it for a genuine one.

salfordred
5th December, 2008, 12:06 AM
Have you contacted them for rma. I know someone who did and they swapped it for a genuine one.

Hi doomed no i havent contacted them yet, thought sending them back to hong kong would be to much of a faff and cost more money for the same result but you got me thinking now might give it a go...........Cheers mate :ciao:

Doomed
5th December, 2008, 02:09 AM
Got a feeling they told him to keep the card and just sent him another

supershay2004
7th December, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi.Try Bentonville Mall (http://www.bentonvillemall.co.uk/)

jct
7th December, 2008, 02:18 PM
try dealextreme about ?12 with 4gig card cheapest i found

info from (unlockers)