PDA

View Full Version : What box has best picture quality?

ddd
22nd November, 2008, 10:43 PM
I have searched the forum to try and get near the answer to this question .....What box has best picture quality? Without too much success.

The Black Box 500C is appearing to be a candidate, but I am unsure.
I have only ever had experience with Starviews.

To be honest, I am not interested in ethernet connections, hard drive etc.
Really just the best quality picture when used with my 42'' Panasonic Viera plasma.

My budget would ?150

Any ideas would be much appreciated!:)

gavc
25th November, 2008, 12:10 PM
yes I too would like to know what is the best box to get

aftermath
25th November, 2008, 12:26 PM
I dont think you gonna get much for ?150, not much difference in picture quality that is from a DM600.
You will need to start looking at a HD box, as that way the picture will be upscaled to TV with superb near to full HD quality.

If you double your budget then i would deffo suggest getting an IPbox910. You can choose which tuner you want in it, or if you want the mother of all HD boxes you can get an IPbox9000HD for between ?400 and ?500, can have two tuners and get the best of both worlds.

ddd
25th November, 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, but top be honest, I cant spend that type of money.
I was looking for a better picture quality box than my starview super, within a ?150 budget. Any recomendations?

Do you think the linux blackbox 500C would be a better standard of picture?

Thanks.

DW190
25th November, 2008, 10:50 PM
If its just picture quality at a limited budget the Euro EX5000 produces better quality than S/view, K/view and even Dbox. I cant fault the picture quality on a 32" LCD both live and recorded playback from the 120gb HDD.

Channel scanning in Ex is below par and requires a couple of manually entered frequencies for best results.

Only setbacks are Aspect Ratio and only one tuner so I have a second box alongside.

Channel reliability and perfect Aspect Ratio comes with the K/view, picture quality is good but not the best. Also catagorises channels.