PDA

View Full Version : CUMMINS ECM REPAIR TIPS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

makura
3rd June, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hi guys

i just wanted to open this thread to all ecm repair guys to share problems and ideas on these ecms,lets keep this open only for cummins ecm' problems and repair solutions.lets dig in and help each other out.

BATLER
3rd June, 2010, 07:47 PM
nice thread m8,this will help us for sure!

dafdiagnos
3rd June, 2010, 08:44 PM
the main problem seems to be when some bright spark decides to jump start these without turning lights on etc to remove power spike

hercamp
4th June, 2010, 03:32 AM
three differents problems that I have are

in a celect plus ecm.....has not detect the oil presure semsor signal I recalibrated and nothin.?wh?
and other celect that shut down inyectors up to 80?c and the engine cant runn up to 1500 rpm...

and other celect ecm that ...runn the engine at idle in 950 rpm....?wh?

well ....now I solved problem changing the ecm but ....the real repair can be changing internal elements.

Belefronte
4th June, 2010, 03:51 AM
three differents problems that I have are

in a celect plus ecm.....has not detect the oil presure semsor signal I recalibrated and nothin.?wh?
and other celect that shut down inyectors up to 80?c and the engine cant runn up to 1500 rpm...

and other celect ecm that ...runn the engine at idle in 950 rpm....?wh?

well ....now I solved problem changing the ecm but ....the real repair can be changing internal elements.

1.- maybe the signal is going to ground or the sensor screw up
2.- Make a cutcylinder test and check if the inyectors are ok or try to change a ecm and check if the RPM still under 1500
3.- Check the parameter of idle option.

hercamp
4th June, 2010, 04:20 AM
1.- maybe the signal is going to ground or the sensor screw up
2.- Make a cutcylinder test and check if the inyectors are ok or try to change a ecm and check if the RPM still under 1500
3.- Check the parameter of idle option.

I ve seen that .....I m not very explisit ( I do all test ) and finally I change ecm and solve problem...bythe way about this is the thread ....how to repair the ecm.:beheaded:

makura
4th June, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hercamp try this trick,it works in most cases.

Start a calibration procedure and when your ecm is at lets say 33% upload,turn your key (ON or OFF)depending on which ecm you calibrating celect(off) celect plus (on) wait for the calib fail massage then start from scratch(on celect plus you will have to put your key on for 5seconds and off again thats how you will be able to communucate with the ecm,when you get to the part it say turn key off just click on ok since your key is already off)follow the screen promps to the end,now all the original info is lost,you trip info is back to 000 for everything,if you are using insite 7.4 you will get your parameter settings back,and if you using any thing b4 7.4 you have to do your parameters all over again.
with celect its pretty much straight forward,just put key on ,connect to ecm,rom boot message will pop up,just follow screen promps.
gooedluck,let me know if this works for you. :listen:

hercamp
20th June, 2010, 04:36 AM
yeah ...its works ...fine ...in retreivering of parameters also ..I cant save one but the others two ecm works ok.thanks

makura
20th June, 2010, 04:02 PM
yeah ...its works ...fine ...in retreivering of parameters also ..I cant save one but the others two ecm works ok.thanks
Hey you are welcome m8,thats what friends are for,i wish i had a friend to share calterm file with me...................

hercamp
28th June, 2010, 02:54 AM
in the calterm thread is shared...about the ecm repairs..one common fail of celect plus ecm is the jake brake or engine brake actuator...how I ve seen ...the digital output and internal components...get some damage ...I think for engine brake electro valves...
solution of this is ...take the actuator signal and connect to relay..also the input signal its same ..with it we can be sure of ecm ....has the fuel control when active...and we can connect in two forms .
when we have one of two output signals damage ...whe take that and connect to master relay brake that we are trying to put.
other way when we have all outputsto engine brake signal damage ...in this case we can take negative signal from eng.brake botton and connect to relay..this one is alterntive to solve when we dont have ecm to replace.

I hope this help or suggest .help u and help to others to make a new alternatives ...its just how I have solved.

electrobato
2nd July, 2010, 09:44 PM
dear guys woul you be so kind and help with a problem with a Cummins Celect Plus 3408303
I was being able to acces to the ECM, but it told me that the ECM needed to be recalibrated, so I selected autodetect calibration and suggested the right for the truck,

I follow all the steps to recalibrate, but at the end of all the operations the last 3 steps failed and the calibration did not transfer succesful.

I did all of this from the conection inside the driver cab,

after not workinf the calibration download process, I decided to to try with the connection from the engine, and looked like it was going to work , because some more new bars reload... making look good, and before I was able to turn the ignition key on...

again the transfer failed, the laptop disconnect from the ecm and now

I can not with ECM....
what can I do... the ECM is like not detected.. insite tell me to check connection but I know all cables are good...

thanks in advance for your help...
I will appreciate it a lot any help...

TAMBIEN hablo espanol.

Last Update:
Now the truck does not turn on, I'm in troubles, 'cause the first problem was too much smoke, but now, I have to make it turn on..
Any help is appreciate it a lot...

hercamp
5th July, 2010, 06:58 PM
is good that u speak spanish too...but forum in only in english.........
so about youre ecm yeah ...for insite youre ecm is dead...it come blank..and u cant get connection and the engine doesnt start..because ure laptop cut the connection with ecm ...and it cant happend ...I think that u can have some problems in the laptop...or maybe u choose a wrong cal for ecm ...and u most know before download the program to ecm ..sistem need delete some info and part of programing first and ..unic way to get it works its calibrating from boot mode ...best way to do is with calterm..if u know how works with it u can solve so fast ..if u dont ...just try with insite in boot offcourse ...now if u dont know how to do in boot ...sorry youre ecm is dead.

maruti
10th July, 2010, 02:45 AM
any ecu programming tool or any device to check ecu problem avaible in market please to informe me , all ecu schemastic

makura
10th July, 2010, 06:56 PM
dear guys woul you be so kind and help with a problem with a Cummins Celect Plus 3408303
I was being able to acces to the ECM, but it told me that the ECM needed to be recalibrated, so I selected autodetect calibration and suggested the right for the truck,

I follow all the steps to recalibrate, but at the end of all the operations the last 3 steps failed and the calibration did not transfer succesful.

I did all of this from the conection inside the driver cab,

after not workinf the calibration download process, I decided to to try with the connection from the engine, and looked like it was going to work , because some more new bars reload... making look good, and before I was able to turn the ignition key on...

again the transfer failed, the laptop disconnect from the ecm and now

I can not with ECM....
what can I do... the ECM is like not detected.. insite tell me to check connection but I know all cables are good...

thanks in advance for your help...
I will appreciate it a lot any help...

TAMBIEN hablo espanol.

Last Update:
Now the truck does not turn on, I'm in troubles, 'cause the first problem was too much smoke, but now, I have to make it turn on..
Any help is appreciate it a lot...
Hi
This not a train smash,just turn your key on for 5 seconds,turn it off and and connect to the ecm with the key off and start a new calibration download.
Goodluck
:coffin:

mondao
11th July, 2010, 06:45 PM
I have a problem with an ecm one isx cm570, engine brake does not work, the problem is that always the (ecm) detects the clutch, as if was pressured but really not this pressured. i adjustment of the switch of the clutch, switch, and circuit to resolve the problem but alone changing the ecm I am solved the problem, I ask me if a solucion exists so that this ecm be able Repairing, because already it recalibre again, and not corrected?

greetings

hercamp
11th July, 2010, 06:53 PM
yeah the recalibration most correct the problem,because or maybe u dont have a physical component damage,also u can connect with calterm,upload the calibration,after that disconnect to ecm and open the cal file ,and select paramters search,edit the clutch switch and dissable,this component its optional ,not al models have it and u can dissable,its how I ve done couple times.

mondao
11th July, 2010, 07:13 PM
ok I will try calterm

imhsar
14th July, 2010, 06:06 AM
you can go for service center, where did u live, just tell me your location , i will give you the service center addresses, i think they will help you easily and you can further ask any other problems...

hercamp
14th July, 2010, 07:22 AM
yeah .we..go to the service center....and close the thread

dimitar22
14th July, 2010, 09:44 AM
I don't think that going to the service center is the solution of the problem, the service center in my county is 200 km from where i leave, the point of this thread is to share solutions on how to to repair ecm by your self.

mondao
16th July, 2010, 04:34 AM
sorry to say but I can not do good work with (calterm)
maybe can give a different use for this (ECM) in another application,maybe generation,
if anyone has an idea, (I have little imagination) sorry mates:pcguru:

hercamp
17th July, 2010, 05:51 AM
calterm ...at iquals to dct ...works in all cummins ecm?s and u can do anything...something special!!! u need to upload and change parameters after that download.

mondao
17th July, 2010, 07:31 AM
thanks I continued trying to learn a little before sending a calibracion

hercamp
18th July, 2010, 05:41 AM
to download a calibration ...in a programed ecm its not so difficult just send...but for a new ecm or blank one u need to make bench cables.

mondao
18th July, 2010, 07:55 AM
my problem is solved now, thanks I went with a cummins dealer and a new one is
post closed

dimitar22
18th July, 2010, 10:27 AM
to download a calibration ...in a programed ecm its not so difficult just send...but for a new ecm or blank one u need to make bench cables.

I have original 2 pin 3 pin cables can it be done with those one?

Or i need some other cables?

hercamp
18th July, 2010, 07:35 PM
calterm...works with same connectors ... differences with insite ..its the bbot mode ...necesary in new ecms...and special for it are bench cables...the other funtions like read ,delete fauil codes,edit parameters and aply changes in the ecm ?s cal all possible with inline...in the 3x vercions I think its possible to with usb link,dpa4,noregon or rp1210a

peter21
4th August, 2010, 06:06 AM
hi guys i have a litle problem with ecm celect P/N 3618046, this ecm have the active code 351. Injector power supply below specifications inside ECM.

This code to appear together with 434 code. i found problem in power supply to ecm. I repair it, and 434 code go to inactive but 351 still active...........Does someone know as repair this?

thanks in advanced.

makura
4th August, 2010, 07:13 AM
hi guys i have a litle problem with ecm celect P/N 3618046, this ecm have the active code 351. Injector power supply below specifications inside ECM.

This code to appear together with 434 code. i found problem in power supply to ecm. I repair it, and 434 code go to inactive but 351 still active...........Does someone know as repair this?

thanks in advanced.
HI
Are you getting 100volts on the big green capacitor? If you check just behind your actuater harness you will see surface mounted transisters in between two heat sinks,they should be six in number,check that none of them have a shot circuit,if so replace and that fault code should be history.

peter21
5th August, 2010, 05:08 AM
HI
Are you getting 100volts on the big green capacitor? If you check just behind your actuater harness you will see surface mounted transisters in between two heat sinks,they should be six in number,check that none of them have a shot circuit,if so replace and that fault code should be history.

hi makura thanks for answer. well i check the transisters and i found 2 bad, 1 between two heat sinks and 1 behind to the big green capacitor. I going tomorrow to buy them.

thank you soo much for answer, i tell you how working the ecm.

peter21
10th August, 2010, 06:40 AM
well, i install the 2 news transisters and same i still have code 351 and i can't get 100 volts in the big green capacitor.

I still checking the ecm and if I find something more that this failing i tell you guys. Makura if you could give me some suggestion, I'll gratefully to you buddy.

hercamp
10th August, 2010, 08:34 AM
u have the ecm connect stand alone?...or you check connect to inyectors arnnes.

peter21
11th August, 2010, 06:38 AM
I check connect to injector harnes.

makura
11th August, 2010, 08:09 AM
What's the voltage you are getting on the green cap,are you getting a noise like a scream or are you getting a ticking noise?

peter21
12th August, 2010, 03:14 PM
well i just have 13 volts in the 2 points on the green capacitor, and i can't listen the ticking noise.

makura
12th August, 2010, 09:56 PM
Ok,if you look just near your actuater harness you will see a small transformer,there are two diodes(look like surface mouted transisters)one should have 17-19volts and the other 22-27volts.if not look on the far end to the left of the actuater there is a 2901,if you look propeerly you will se a 10 ohm resister labeled 100 it is usualy open circuit or one of the two diodes has coroded,if so replace with 1n4148,just trace the circuit and solder the diodes on the reverse side of the pc board.
let me as soon as you have checked these things 90% chance you will have it running after this check.

makura
12th August, 2010, 10:32 PM
Oh by the way once you get it going change all the electrolytic capacitors

colh
14th August, 2010, 04:34 AM
Hi Fella,s
I have a QSX 475 in a Case Steiger that hunts up and down at around 1650 RPM just like an old mechanical governer that overshoots and then droops under.Even under load it is still there quite bad and this is where it is used at.Been like it since new apparently not fixed under warranty and not showing any faults.any idea,s welcome.

DiegoAC
14th August, 2010, 06:34 AM
hercamp
... hilarious!
BTW, Mondao, how did you end up fixing it?
Makura, any sw to recommend for cummins electronics schematics (I mean detailed as your posts)?
Thank you all great post.

makura
14th August, 2010, 08:44 PM
Recalibration will solve your hunting problem,no scematics for ecms,sorry

mondao
14th August, 2010, 08:52 PM
hercamp
... hilarious!
BTW, Mondao, how did you end up fixing it?
Makura, any sw to recommend for cummins electronics schematics (I mean detailed as your posts)?
Thank you all great post.

I went to a Cummins dealer and change the ecm damaged by a new

peter21
15th August, 2010, 04:48 AM
Ok,if you look just near your actuater harness you will see a small transformer,there are two diodes(look like surface mouted transisters)one should have 17-19volts and the other 22-27volts.if not look on the far end to the left of the actuater there is a 2901,if you look propeerly you will se a 10 ohm resister labeled 100 it is usualy open circuit or one of the two diodes has coroded,if so replace with 1n4148,just trace the circuit and solder the diodes on the reverse side of the pc board.
let me as soon as you have checked these things 90% chance you will have it running after this check.

thank you soo much buddy, i check the diodes and i found 1 with problem , but i change the 2 diodes and all the electrolytic capacitor, and now working fine.........
:rock::thrasher:

now the green capacitor have 105 volts, and i can listen the ticking noise.

makura
15th August, 2010, 01:10 PM
thank you soo much buddy, i check the diodes and i found 1 with problem , but i change the 2 diodes and all the electrolytic capacitor, and now working fine.........
:rock::thrasher:

now the green capacitor have 105 volts, and i can listen the ticking noise.

Hey you are welcome,now you know how to repair a celect ecm.

elecautocr
18th August, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hello members:

In some Celect and Celect Plus ECMs I had the error code 343 (microprocessor comunication error inside ECM). I tried to fix it with changing new memories (with good know files) , changing capacitors re-solder the main processor but the problem persist.

Do any of you have experience with error 343 ??

Any ideas to solve it ?

makura
18th August, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hello members:

In some Celect and Celect Plus ECMs I had the error code 343 (microprocessor comunication error inside ECM). I tried to fix it with changing new memories (with good know files) , changing capacitors re-solder the main processor but the problem persist.

Do any of you have experience with error 343 ??

Any ideas to solve it ?
343 replace main micro procesor,or FPC(fault procesing chip)its the big plccc chip in between the main proceser and the eeproms

elecautocr
18th August, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hi Makura

Main processor is Motorola SC38KG018CE04, Do you have datasheet of it ? and source to buy it ?

FPC(fault procesing chip) is Intel but I don't know which is the correct part number of it, Do you know ?? again source to buy it ?

Thanks

jctech
19th August, 2010, 03:46 AM
Hi Makura

Main processor is Motorola SC38KG018CE04, Do you have datasheet of it ? and source to buy it ?

FPC(fault procesing chip) is Intel but I don't know which is the correct part number of it, Do you know ?? again source to buy it ?

Thanks

google is your friend

elecautocr
19th August, 2010, 03:40 PM
This time google is not my friend

S-GERAT
26th August, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi friends, I have 3 celect plus ecm with a internal short circuit (two of them was broken the last week) I supposed that this is a common failure in that kind of ecm and go to disassembly it to see if I can repair it. Anyone know if it is a commom failure ?

Thanks

mondao
30th August, 2010, 03:22 AM
failure in Cummins, Cummins Celect, and Celect Plus ECMs
buscando ayuda en linea me encontre estos tips talvez ayuden un poco

Corrosion and moisture:
Corrosion or damage due to moisture is one of the main reasons for ECM failure. Corrosion can enter the ECM through the wiring harness and moisture can enter by a failure in the seals in the ECM itself. This happens over a period of time (5 to 10 years) due to the ECMs exposure to the elements.
Fuel solenoid:
The electronic fuel solenoid is also a main reason for failure in the ECM. The solenoid can cause a short in the ECM due to corrosion in the solenoid or the wire running from the solenoid to the ECM harness. The electronic fuel solenoid is located at the top of the fuel pump. The solenoid seems to fail due to corrosion as fast or faster then the ECM. If your truck is running fine then you shut your engine off and it won't restart then this is a good indication that the starter has shorted out the ECM.
Injector wiring harness:
The third thing that can cause failure in the ECM is the Injector wiring harness or the sensor wiring harness. Once again corrosion or breaks in the internal wiring in the harness can cause a short in the ECM or corrosion can enter the ECM through the wiring harness. Again this is caused by exposure to the elements.
Grounding issues:
Another issue that can cause failure in the ECM is poor grounding. This can be the result of loose or corroded ground wires to the battery or the frame. This is especially problematic in the Celect Plus model.
Starters:
Replacing the starter with the wrong model starter is becoming a big problem with the Celect Plus ECMs. Many starter rebuilders will bypass the override sensor in the starter. The override sensor regulates the voltage going to the ECM so when the override sensor is bypassed you will get voltage problems in the ECM and it can generate fault codes or other problems. If you only started having problems with your ECM after installing a starter then the starter is most likely the root of your problem.
Dead battery cells:
Dead cells in batteries can cause failure in the ECM. Many times a battery is left in the rig long after a cell has died. This affects the grounding in the battery.
Jump start:
If the vehicle has been jump started recently and the cables were connected improperly this can cause a spike in your ECM and cause it to short out. A bad jump can also blow out 2 amps which are located between the ECM and the firewall.
Welding and lightning:
Arc welding on the frame can blow out the ECM as well as lightning strikes. This is not very common but it does happen from time to time.

Identifying the problem:
If your check engine light is on then you should be able to read a fault code from your ECM. The fault codes should help identify where the problem is originating from. You can also check the voltage where the wires come into the ECM harness with a voltmeter. The voltage should be between 9 to 12 volts for optimal usage. Anything 6 or below and you have a problem.

peter21
5th September, 2010, 07:02 AM
hi guys i have an ecm celect with code 321, i check the transistors of injectors and i found the transistor for injector number 4 with 12 volts, well i follow the circuit and i found with short cut a small diode similar to the diodes that the transformer has , i replace that for 1N4148, then i test the engine and run fine for 5 minutes, after of that time the engine shut down.
Can't to be adapted 1N4148 since do I replace of this diode?

If it is like that which I can put?

the diode are located in reverse side of pc board, near the long heat sink of the shore.

makura
6th September, 2010, 07:47 AM
hi guys i have an ecm celect with code 321, i check the transistors of injectors and i found the transistor for injector number 4 with 12 volts, well i follow the circuit and i found with short cut a small diode similar to the diodes that the transformer has , i replace that for 1N4148, then i test the engine and run fine for 5 minutes, after of that time the engine shut down.
Can't to be adapted 1N4148 since do I replace of this diode?

If it is like that which I can put?

the diode are located in reverse side of pc board, near the long heat sink of the shore.Hi
well what you will need to do is get one ecm that is burnt beyond repair and take the diode from it,or take a picture of the pcb and mark the diode location,it's hard to know which one you are talking about with out a pic.

peter21
7th September, 2010, 06:07 AM
Hi
well what you will need to do is get one ecm that is burnt beyond repair and take the diode from it,or take a picture of the pcb and mark the diode location,it's hard to know which one you are talking about with out a pic.

hi buddy, well i have one ecm caterpillar 3126 burnt, and i see an similar diode there, i'll install that diode tomorrow and tell you how work. and tomorrow i put a picture to.

Thanks for answer my friend........

peter21
8th September, 2010, 05:58 AM
well guys i change the diode to my ecm cummins and i install diode from ecm cat 3126, the engine working very very good for 10 minutes, then the engine start to misfire and now my ecm have the code 322.... LMAO.... i don't know what to do..... Here a picture of the diode that i change.

rp1210a
9th September, 2010, 03:27 AM
Those look like transistors you have circled. Where did u see part number 1N4148? You may already know but there are different types of diodes with different forward and reverse breakdown voltages (zener). Check the voltage at the diodes/transistors while truck is running and compare them to the other sets to see if the voltage is out of range.

EDIT :should have read full post, now see makura post with diode part#

peter21
9th September, 2010, 05:40 AM
well guys the ecm working nice now, hey rp1210 you have reason that's a transistor, am beginning in this of the electronics and tape-worm my doubt if it was a diode or a transistor, to the beginning i think that was a diode, and i test with 1n4148 and zener and same they were giving me always fault.

then i see to my friend makura say "what you will need to do is get one ecm that is burnt beyond repair and take the diode from it" I do that, i take the transistor from a caterpillar ecm, and the code 321 disappear, but appear code 322, well i check the circuit and the tests took me up to the hot sink, who is in the middle of the ecm, change it, and now the ecm works well, the code 322 disappear.......:thrasher::thrasher:
This way that thank you very much guys for his suggestions... especially to makura, always he help me in this of repair ecm

ECM specialist
11th September, 2010, 02:27 AM
please can you tell me how to recalibrtion cummins part 8303 ecm , i have one active 111 -- 1 count , how to get this think clear up....
thanks again ...

I been waiting on someone to help me . to get this ecm reprogram . active 111 on 1count , I know 6662 or 8300 work's
but 8303 don't take calibration shows faild , over and over the same/ please someone help thnks to all like allways.

hercamp
11th September, 2010, 08:28 AM
need to rom boot ecm...before connect with insite...connecting 10,12,14 pins of b connector ..after that switch ignition on .and wait 5 seconds.u most be able to connect with insite in rom boot mode...download cal ..but u will need to know what cal file u need for ur ecm..because autodetect is dessable in rom...

hercamp
15th September, 2010, 06:37 PM
and ...try to answer if info was ussefulle if not ....well try to give more help

Poptest
16th September, 2010, 12:46 PM
I have 2 footprinted Celect Plus ECM, and I'd like to make a ROM boot harness.

Can someone please share how this harness is wired?

Thanx much.

peter21
17th September, 2010, 06:41 AM
I have 2 footprinted Celect Plus ECM, and I'd like to make a ROM boot harness.

Thanx much.

Look this, ZDS member make this schematic. Well guys the first scheme was bad elaborated, but this if it works to 100 %

Poptest
18th September, 2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you Peter21.

Do you also have ROM boot procedure for Celect Plus ECMs?

Thanks again in advance.

peter21
18th September, 2010, 09:32 PM
Thank you Peter21.

Do you also have ROM boot procedure for Celect Plus ECMs?

Thanks again in advance.

Look here, in post #59.

zds
19th September, 2010, 09:02 AM
peter21, thanks. you finished my schematic

peter21
19th September, 2010, 08:54 PM
peter21, thanks. you finished my schematic

you're welcome my friend. I thanks you too for having done the scheme, only needed the rom boot.....:barscarf:

zds
20th September, 2010, 06:08 AM
peter21, I think there must be 3 separate wires from 10,12 and 14 to button 1, don`t I?

hercamp
20th September, 2010, 02:05 PM
just make a joint ..before turn ignition on...and separate them ...after 5 seconds ...thats all

Poptest
20th September, 2010, 04:22 PM
peter21, I think there must be 3 separate wires from 10,12 and 14 to button 1, don`t I?

Hello ZDS,

I copied your ROM boot cable and tried it out. I am not able to communicate or calibrate footprinted Cel+ ECM.

Have you tried this using this harness setup?

Thanks much.

zds
20th September, 2010, 06:45 PM
Poptest, i tried it, and it`s works
but I have spent a lot of time to connect it correctly. draw attention for marks on connectors (On the scheme they are represented not as you look at them, but in mirror image)

Poptest
21st September, 2010, 12:40 AM
Hello ZDS,

Your drawing shows a +12v unswitched battery connection to pins 20, 21, 22, & 23 on Actuator harness C. I only made a single connection to pin 22 because these 4 pins are internally connected inside the ECM. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Today I will connect them all like your drawing shows and try again.

Thanks again.

servando
21st September, 2010, 03:59 AM
hello friends .. I'd like to make a ROM boot harness. for isx cm570

Thanx much.

mondao
21st September, 2010, 04:19 AM
me too, please!

peter21
21st September, 2010, 05:19 AM

yes ZDS you're right, there should be separate. Thank you for the observation........ now the scheme is complete.....

and the procedure for have boot in the ecm is as my friend hercamp said..... "just make a joint ..before turn ignition on...and separate them ...after 5 seconds ...thats all".

Poptest
21st September, 2010, 07:41 AM

Hello ZDS,

I have these questions:

Your previous diagram showed pins 12 & 14 together, which closes to pin 10 on B connector. Should I separate all three wires?
I also see an "open disable signal" wire on pin 3 of A connector going to pin D of 6 pin connector. What is the purpose of this wire? Can I disregard this wire?

Thanks

zds
21st September, 2010, 01:51 PM
servando, mondao
look this. i made scheme, but it is not finished. it is without Rom Boot button. i don`t know what pins must be connected to Rom Boot
maybe hercamp helps us again and will say what pins must be connected

PS this scheme for ISM and ISX cm570. first i was wrong and made for ISM cm570, but when i was start making for ISX i observed that them are same.

zds
21st September, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hello ZDS,

I have these questions:

Your previous diagram showed pins 12 & 14 together, which closes to pin 10 on B connector. Should I separate all three wires?
I also see an "open disable signal" wire on pin 3 of A connector going to pin D of 6 pin connector. What is the purpose of this wire? Can I disregard this wire?

Thanks

1. that diagram not mine. yes, you must separate all three wires. look post #67 or 68
2. i don't know what the purpose of this wire. I connected it.

PS 6-pin connector (on scheme) is socket like in the cab, not a plug of diagnostic tool. If represent that it is diagnostic plug (e.g. of Nexiq) you should change places of E and C pins

servando
21st September, 2010, 03:06 PM
hello friens.......and you heve esquematic..for ecm of isx.....recovery memory rom

thanks very much

hercamp
24th September, 2010, 03:22 AM
really good can be the squematic rom boot for isx.

makura
28th September, 2010, 10:10 AM
I was so looking foward to seing the rom boot diagram for isx/ism.

braveali
30th September, 2010, 06:43 AM
Any one have ECM Repair Software ?

makura
30th September, 2010, 09:04 PM
Any one have ECM Repair Software ?
search the forum m8,the program is called calterm,it an engineering program.

hercamp
3rd October, 2010, 04:54 AM
bench harness..used to calibrated any ecms stand alone

rom boot mode used to calibrate ecm that will not accept calibration in normal mode or will not communicate with service too ...special after get calibration error.

ecm that do not have rom boot mode.
ecm on engines B5.9G...C8.3G AND L10G
CELECT ECMs, centry and isb dont have rom boot too.

all that is what I had tested.and is just my experience.

I hope that help u

thermo_1
16th October, 2010, 04:43 AM
Hello! and thanks for sharing. I was wondering, is the purpose of the rom boot switch to connect the 3 wires or is there another connection that I just dont see? Thank you so much for your help!

hercamp
16th October, 2010, 09:13 AM
just join together..and split after 5 seconds....thars all

ECM specialist
20th October, 2010, 01:45 AM
We couldn't get the rom boot to work. Can you explain how to do it? It looks like the ECM connects automatically when we plug it in, no matter what you do. It doesn't reboot. Thanks if you can help.

jctech
20th October, 2010, 09:48 AM
We couldn't get the rom boot to work. Can you explain how to do it? It looks like the ECM connects automatically when we plug it in, no matter what you do. It doesn't reboot. Thanks if you can help.

The ROM Boot wires have to be joined (ROM Boot button depressed) when the keyswitch is turned on, then release after 5 seconds.

hercamp
20th October, 2010, 04:40 PM

if u cant learn..with all pictures..examples...tables..what else u need ?????boot is not mine work or work from someone here is the builder way to get connection with a dead ecm. :motz:
thats all.

RICHARD21
21st October, 2010, 09:43 PM
WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION FOR REPAIR ECM ISX

jackalfa
25th October, 2010, 05:50 AM
Hi, anybody have or can share celect and celect plus ECM schematics (no wiring schmatics but electronic parts) or a good source to buy it.
Thanks in advance and best regards.

elslow
25th October, 2010, 10:54 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS A LINEHUAL INCAL AND A VOCATIONAL INCAL CALIBRATION
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:rangers:

mondao
26th October, 2010, 04:32 AM
I try to recalibrate a ecm ISX cm 871 , but no luck
someone has a part number for this bench?
i need bench harness used to calibrated isx cm 871
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/329/transportesu.png

jctech
26th October, 2010, 05:26 AM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS A LINEHUAL INCAL AND A VOCATIONAL INCAL CALIBRATION
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:rangers:
Linehaul is for a highway truck
Vocational is for a vehicle like a cement mixer or dump truck

jctech
26th October, 2010, 05:32 AM
I try to recalibrate a ecm ISX cm 871 , but no luck
someone has a part number for this bench?
i need bench harness used to calibrated isx cm 871
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/329/transportesu.png

The cable you need is 3164185,

(https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs2/portal/manualviewer.html?path=/qs2/pubsys2/xml/en/outlines/3377710.html)

jctech
26th October, 2010, 05:40 AM
trying to put QSOL screen shot into post
hopefully it will be below

hercamp
26th October, 2010, 10:46 PM
well..I ve seen a couple isx..that stop calibration transfer and never ..get connection again
try this...

connect the ecm to calterm through manual conection
if is possible with inline (80%) succefully...or usb link
you need to try to connect with ignition off...we do that because dont have rom boot pin out ..and off connection make that...too
if you cant until all that ...you will need to connect by j1939 ...triangle conector ..if your ecm is not burned..that will works 100%..and try to get connection
after that you can download calibration to the ecm.

is just my experience.

jctech
27th October, 2010, 02:42 AM
When you recalibrate an ECM, especially on J1939 datalink, you need to remove as much other datalink traffic as possible.
All the messages on the datalink have a priority, ABS and throttle usually have the highest priority, then dashboard, transmission and all the other modules using the datalink.
Insite has the lowest priority of all, because it must not interfere with the operation of the vehicle if used on a road test.
These modules are broadcasting as soon as they are powered up even if truck is not moving or the engine is not running.
Then we connect into the datalink and expect to be able to load a 2MB calibration into the ECM down that same busy datalink, at a lower priority than all the other data.........
Cummins recommends disconnecting as many other modules as possible when carrying out ECM recalibrations, to remove as much traffic from the datalink as possible, and for Celect plus, connecting to the service datalink on the side of the engine, not the public datalink in the vehicle cab.

Juanincho
3rd November, 2010, 07:14 PM
The problem with this engine is when it warms to the normal engine temps, idle speed goes to 900 rpm. I don't know engine cpl, because it was repaired with different cpl parts. I tried 1844 cpl with a 3084473 ecm, it works fine, but it has a 3619037 ecm, any ideas?

jctech
4th November, 2010, 12:26 AM
The problem with this engine is when it warms to the normal engine temps, idle speed goes to 900 rpm. I don't know engine cpl, because it was repaired with different cpl parts. I tried 1844 cpl with a 3084473 ecm, it works fine, but it has a 3619037 ecm, any ideas?

You have the same question in the calterm thread, see the answer there

joe gp
16th November, 2010, 11:08 AM
hi guys

busy with engine simulation on Celects and Celct Plus on the bench.....been playing for a while now with signal generators and output-ing the signal thro a headphone jack on the EPS attached to my harness.....haven't had the best of luck so far......any ideas would be highly appreciated........

jctech
16th November, 2010, 04:09 PM
get hold of a camshaft gear, and spin it with a motor to give the ecm a speed and position signal.
You will need injector solenoids, all sensors need to be connected, but only oil pressure sensor needs its status to change to show oil pressure with the engine running

Trucke
20th November, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hello all Interesting thread going here. When calibrating it is best to use the dedicated data link in the engine harnes with the triangle deutch conector at the left front of the engine. Cummins makes an adapter cable to fit this. It fits on cummins inline adapters. It has the 3 pin plug and a power cord that plugs into a cigarete lighter plug. If you or your shop has an old echeck kit still around it may be with it. When I get some time I want to make an adapter to use this system with the nexiq usb link. Maybe sombody out there already made one and is using it? If you do have the Echeck kit and the diagnostics 2.0 cartridge blow the dust of it and you can read sids, mids and pids from almost any brand of engine with a 1708 datalink.Get some fault code lists printed out and your good to go. Great for monitering engine sensor outputs during road testing to no battery to die half way through. They also made a Echeck cartridge that fits the prolink might as well use them if you have them.
Great work on the dk forums guys Thanks lot of great info.

donniemnemonic
21st November, 2010, 06:41 PM
hi all I am new to all this but find Iam going to learn alot here. Gr8 thread you have here. dies anyone have schematic for serial cable that joins inline 5 adapter to pc comm port. Many thanks in advance:congrats:

hercamp
21st November, 2010, 11:23 PM
the triangle adapter is for connect inline in j1939 and nexiq cant ..I did one with resistance but not stable connection and only possible with inline to safe mode ...and about squematic ...calu78 posted time ago a manual of dpa4 plus ..well is same db15 and usb,deutch conection than nexiq....see in the thread about squematic most be there.

Juanincho
22nd November, 2010, 12:49 AM
the triangle adapter is for connect inline in j1939 and nexiq cant ..I did one with resistance but not stable connection and only possible with inline to safe mode ...and about squematic ...calu78 posted time ago a manual of dpa4 plus ..well is same db15 and usb,deutch conection than nexiq....see in the thread about squematic most be there.

hercamp, how'd you do it? I made a j1939 cable for the bench, for usb link, it works fine, I used a 120 ohm between the data lines, I'll try to post the schematic this week if you want it.

hercamp
22nd November, 2010, 11:10 PM
I mean not good because after to load and download all blocks with usb link connection makes to burn a diode into usb link .works for a time but .I think for high baud and bits in the transfer ...resistance in the backbone works cool also if they are at 60 ohms but is just my experience...is safe and better to get same connection in j1708 also with faster transfer with usb link ...the j1939..Ive used only with ecm that needs bench and rom boot mode.

and thanks to my friend carlu78 that upload this ..dpa /same pinout of usb link.enjoy

hercamp
29th November, 2010, 03:16 PM
to all..fiends that have ...an isc ecm and e2m doesnt match with the stores...post ecm part number/cal vercion and we can get an e2m to that vercion.

alsop
5th December, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'll post the power adapter harness as soon as I finish the diagram.

alsop
13th December, 2010, 11:15 AM
This is the universal power harness. Post 62 showes a scanned picture of the assembly with a 6 pin Deutsch cab interface connector, before J1939 was used. When I get the time I'll post another Rom Boot parent cable assembly for another engine family.

donniemnemonic
2nd January, 2011, 06:52 AM
Hi all.
Have been following this thread closely but have not found a sure solution for repair of fault code 111 in celect plus ecm. Others suggested replacing at28c64 memory but then there was a question of reprogramming the chip. Has anyone successfully repaired this or are we still battling for a solution?

hercamp
3rd January, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have seen 4 or 5 ecm with 111 code...4 of them .that I just program with calterm in rom boot mode ...the other cant and I just blank memory and program in rom boot too with insite.

just desconnect power and connect after 3 or 4 minutes and turn ignition on...and off after that try to connect with calterm..if the connection is stabliced just download a calibration ...this can save your ecm.

justme84
6th January, 2011, 03:05 AM
I just bought a truck with an ISX cm871 in it, i suspect some of the numbers have been played with, the ecm shows 75,000km but has 14,000 hrs and the odometer shows 300,000km, just wondering if its acutally possible for someone to have changed the mileage in the ecm for whatever reason.

jctech
6th January, 2011, 11:42 PM
I just bought a truck with an ISX cm871 in it, i suspect some of the numbers have been played with, the ecm shows 75,000km but has 14,000 hrs and the odometer shows 300,000km, just wondering if its acutally possible for someone to have changed the mileage in the ecm for whatever reason.

Is it the original ECM from the engine?
The external dataplate should show the engine serial number and calibration data if it is.
There will be a sticker on the rear with this info and a manafacturing data as well.
If the ECM has an "RX, PX or NX" part number tag on it, then the ECM is a replacement.
If the ECM has no tags or dataplate then I would suspect a used replacement has been fitted.

The mileage in the ECM can be altered, using Calterm, but it is not easy.

mecaniquito
7th January, 2011, 12:01 AM
Hi I have a problem with the calibration of a 2011 model ECM ISB So I can gauge the program because my incal outdated and I can do

jctech
7th January, 2011, 02:40 AM
Here is a link to the Dec 2010 InCal DVD

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-incal-dec-2010-a-180827/

The DVD is good for 6 months

donniemnemonic
7th January, 2011, 07:05 AM
hi all.
Well didn't know where else to post this so this thread seemed to be most relevant since it involves ecm repairs I need help identifying the cpl for this motor it is an M-11 celect plus and its engine serial is 34810648. The dataplate has been removed off the engine and I am trying to solve hardstart and high idling issues. The hardstarting I have managed to rectify by replacing the fuel pump now trying to remedy the high idling and also had forgotten to mention that the engine will continue to run long after the ignition is switched off. Have come across this before and it was a result of wrong cpl ecm on truck. Would also be grateful if you could state correct injector part number for this particular motor. Many thanks in advance to all my DK brothers and sisters.

jctech
7th January, 2011, 07:48 AM
hi all.
Well didn't know where else to post this so this thread seemed to be most relevant since it involves ecm repairs I need help identifying the cpl for this motor it is an M-11 celect plus and its engine serial is 34810648. The dataplate has been removed off the engine and I am trying to solve hardstart and high idling issues. The hardstarting I have managed to rectify by replacing the fuel pump now trying to remedy the high idling and also had forgotten to mention that the engine will continue to run long after the ignition is switched off. Have come across this before and it was a result of wrong cpl ecm on truck. Would also be grateful if you could state correct injector part number for this particular motor. Many thanks in advance to all my DK brothers and sisters.

Here you go

BASE ENGINE INFORMATION

Engine Serial Number 34810648
Shop Order # SO18280
Plant JEP - JAMESTOWN ENGINE PLANT
Build Date 14 Feb 1996
Warranty Start Date 05 Mar 1996
Customer Number 1405
Customer Name
ECM Code Not Available For This Engine
Fuel Pump Part # 3899530
Fuel Pump Calibration 0003
Film Card II
Engine Config # D353007BB03
CPL # CPL2037
Marketing Model Name M11-330E PLUS
Service Model Name M11 CELECT Plus

check user fueling state to ensure that current state is Low Speed Governor for idle issue

donniemnemonic
9th January, 2011, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=jctech;918481]Here you go

BASE ENGINE INFORMATION

Engine Serial Number 34810648
Shop Order # SO18280
Plant JEP - JAMESTOWN ENGINE PLANT
Build Date 14 Feb 1996
Warranty Start Date 05 Mar 1996
Customer Number 1405
Customer Name
ECM Code Not Available For This Engine
Fuel Pump Part # 3899530
Fuel Pump Calibration 0003
Film Card II
Engine Config # D353007BB03
CPL # CPL2037
Marketing Model Name M11-330E PLUS
Service Model Name M11 CELECT Plus

check user fueling state to ensure that current state is Low Speed Governor for idle issue[/QUOTE

Thanks again m8 for all your help. After connecting ecm to insite cpl is stated as 2036 and all calibration files i have gone thru in a c94 file state that 2037 cpl is rated at M11-400E plus. Where do I find the user fueling state you speak of?

jctech
11th January, 2011, 03:19 PM
Connect Insite to the ECM, go to datalogger monitor, select some parameters for example
engine speed
percent throttle
coolant temperature
oil pressure
user fueling state

start and run the engine
at idle, percent throttle should be "0"
user fueling state should be "LSG"

Try disconnecting the return fuel pipe, before the check valve, and run into a container, if this cure your issue, fit the check valve into the line, still into a container and recheck, work your way back to the tank.

jctech
12th January, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks again m8 for all your help. After connecting ecm to insite cpl is stated as 2036 and all calibration files i have gone thru in a c94 file state that 2037 cpl is rated at M11-400E plus. Where do I find the user fueling state you speak of?[/QUOTE]

I have just checked, there are 43 active calibrations on the InCal disc for CPL 2037, ranging from 330 to 400 HP

donniemnemonic
12th January, 2011, 07:53 PM
thanks jctech for all your help can you please upload the complete eci, c94 and cpi folders from the incal disk you speak of.

jctech
13th January, 2011, 12:01 PM
thanks jctech for all your help can you please upload the complete eci, c94 and cpi folders from the incal disk you speak of.

Download links are here

donniemnemonic
14th January, 2011, 12:35 AM
Download links are here

Hi jctech.
sorry to bother you m8 just wanted the eci, c94, and cpi folders from disc. unable to download the entire incal disk because of my internet setup. I just want the above three folders you find in INTELECT/ESDN/DATA If you could sent me each of the above files which will contain the two files e.g eci folder will contain CAL folder and eci.cmp files. please winrar the files cause have download issues when zipped. Please help me mate trying to resolve that problem with the M11 I mentioned earlier in this thread...:pcguru:

hercamp
14th January, 2011, 03:54 AM
cummins insite /calibration data dont works like that...you need put an incal disck ...non expired..(just works for 6 months) and connect to ecm ...wait for insite aprobal and see the calibration listed....choose one and download to ecm...after that insite will ask for fleet calibration code/ or fleet calibration acount .
after that you can download the calibration to ecm.

donniemnemonic
14th January, 2011, 07:05 AM
cummins insite /calibration data dont works like that...you need put an incal disck ...non expired..(just works for 6 months) and connect to ecm ...wait for insite aprobal and see the calibration listed....choose one and download to ecm...after that insite will ask for fleet calibration code/ or fleet calibration acount .
after that you can download the calibration to ecm.

thanks hercamp for your input. Have managed however to use files sent to me by hpcummins in an earlier post this way which were for an april 2010 calibration of eci the celect calibration file. Just want to try out with the other files so that i can post my findings for everyone to share without having to download entire cd for incal. To use these files hpcummins said that he had to change the date back on his computer whilst in insite then calibrate his ecm but I have also managed to alter the date on this file and it now reads as March 2011. So it is possible to use calibrations after the 6 month expiry. If some1 has the files I asked for please post so I can also post my findings. Thanks DK bros you guys rock.

Poptest
14th January, 2011, 02:14 PM
hi all.

Correct injectors are 3411735 and/or 3095040.

mecaniquito
14th January, 2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...2010-a-180827/ CAN HELP ME WITH THESE LINKS BECAUSE THE NUMBER 3 IS NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP ME

mecaniquito
14th January, 2011, 11:35 PM
Side 1

http://rapidshare.com/files/439568252/Dec2010INCAL_1.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580230/Dec2010INCAL_1.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439579917/Dec2010INCAL_1.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439579841/Dec2010INCAL_1.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580443/Dec2010INCAL_1.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580305/Dec2010INCAL_1.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580389/Dec2010INCAL_1.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580475/Dec2010INCAL_1.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580335/Dec2010INCAL_1.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580485/Dec2010INCAL_1.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580432/Dec2010INCAL_1.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580189/Dec2010INCAL_1.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580358/Dec2010INCAL_1.part13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580133/Dec2010INCAL_1.part14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439580291/Dec2010INCAL_1.part15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439576799/Dec2010INCAL_1.part16.rar

Side 2

http://rapidshare.com/files/439597931/Dec2010INCAL_2.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598174/Dec2010INCAL_2.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598317/Dec2010INCAL_2.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598323/Dec2010INCAL_2.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598121/Dec2010INCAL_2.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598278/Dec2010INCAL_2.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598128/Dec2010INCAL_2.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598318/Dec2010INCAL_2.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598156/Dec2010INCAL_2.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598280/Dec2010INCAL_2.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598293/Dec2010INCAL_2.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439598325/Dec2010INCAL_2.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/439594316/Dec2010INCAL_2.part13.rar CAN HELP ME WITH THESE LINKS BECAUSE THE NUMBER 3 IS NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP ME

hercamp
15th January, 2011, 02:26 AM
is normal how I ve seen ....maybe you need premiun account or something...dont know but I can open without problems.

donniemnemonic
16th January, 2011, 07:55 AM
hi to all.
could someone please post the following files from a recent/current incal disk. 1. esdninfo.dat
2.esdndata.cmp
3.eci folder containing ( cal and eci.cmp files)
4.c94 folder containing (cal and c94.cmp files) And finally 5.cpi follder containing (cal and cpi.cmp files)

Thanks to all in advance........
donniemnemonic

ECM specialist
17th January, 2011, 02:43 AM
get hold of a camshaft gear, and spin it with a motor to give the ecm a speed and position signal.
You will need injector solenoids, all sensors need to be connected, but only oil pressure sensor needs its status to change to show oil pressure with the engine running

hello . please I been looking to get some cummins caltrem manual how to us it . please if you can help me on this . i been useing incal long time . but not caltrem..
thanks

je69
17th January, 2011, 06:47 AM
HI DK FRIENS I HOPE YOU ALL FINE,I HAVE PROBLEM WIT A ISX WIT EGR ITS A 8287 CPL S/N 79025128,THE PROBLEM ITS SHUTOOFF VALVE CODE 254 ACTIVE, code 2346 active and code 2348,active i star to work wit fuel shutoof valve, no extra wires, check wire from ecm arnes to shutoof valve and look good,i put a new valve still the problem, i disconec the wire from the valve, and put a 12v external wire to the valve and star the motor, she run ok but fan its on, the rpm its 950, check all the wires all ok, i belive its a ecm troble wat can?t i do help please, ineed recalibrate the ecm or put a new, thanks in advans friens

je69
17th January, 2011, 08:45 PM
hi dk friens referent to the isx ecm problem, i open the ecm and its born inside so i got to replasate istill need help calibrate the new one may you guis helpme the truck its international 04 engine s/n:79025128, cpl 8287, isx-cm870,ecm/n:23008177,model sta15 wit egr apreciate moch you help, sory by my english, ihope macura or hercamp read this, i now they have alots experience on this, but i now you all guis are great thanks on advans.

hercamp
17th January, 2011, 09:14 PM
maybe you have internal damage in ecm ...you can relaibrate but maybe that wont solve your problem..problems with fuel valve is ..when has damage blow up the internal resitance in the ecm.

Poptest
17th January, 2011, 09:15 PM
hi dk friens referent to the isx ecm problem, i open the ecm and its born inside so i got to replasate istill need help calibrate the new one may you guis helpme the truck its international 04 engine s/n:79025128, cpl 8287, isx-cm870,ecm/n:23008177,model sta15 wit egr apreciate moch you help, sory by my english, ihope macura or hercamp read this, i now they have alots experience on this, but i now you all guis are great thanks on advans.

You need Insite and Incal to calibrate this ECM.

jctech
18th January, 2011, 02:18 AM
hello . please I been looking to get some cummins caltrem manual how to us it . please if you can help me on this . i been useing incal long time . but not caltrem..
thanks

This is an ECM repair thread, there is a Calterm thread on this forum. Try and post your messages under the correct thread.
The Calterm help file is part of the program, it will give you instruction on how to use the program, have fun, dont blow up your engine.

je69
18th January, 2011, 05:24 AM
hi friens, you ok hercamp a resistance wuas blow i take one from a junk detroit 4 ecm diferent number but she runs whitout the external 12 v but the fan still on and rpm on 950 i think its the diferent part number

je69
18th January, 2011, 05:33 AM
the codes 2346 and 2348 still active but the shutoof valve code its inactive idont now if i have to chek the egr autocalibration valve or sensor maybe its a diferent troble what you think

je69
18th January, 2011, 05:39 AM
hi mondao wat you think obout

mondao
18th January, 2011, 05:44 AM
just follow the Troubleshooting of fault codes, and you will solve the problem

je69
18th January, 2011, 05:55 AM
i want spik with the driver of the truck and see maibe the truck as a egr and fan troble o ready wend she blow the resistace and its 2 o 3 diferent problems i think i dont now figuratout

mondao
18th January, 2011, 06:31 AM
HI DK FRIENS I HOPE YOU ALL FINE,I HAVE PROBLEM WIT A ISX WIT EGR ITS A 8287 CPL S/N 79025128,THE PROBLEM ITS SHUTOOFF VALVE CODE 254 ACTIVE, code 2346 active and code 2348,active i star to work wit fuel shutoof valve, no extra wires, check wire from ecm arnes to shutoof valve and look good,i put a new valve still the problem, i disconec the wire from the valve, and put a 12v external wire to the valve and star the motor, she run ok but fan its on, the rpm its 950, check all the wires all ok, i belive its a ecm troble wat can?t i do help please, ineed recalibrate the ecm or put a new, thanks in advans friens
the code 2348, I can not find in the Troubleshooting?

je69
18th January, 2011, 07:04 AM
if you open insite and use training selec a signature isx cm 870 gow troble codes

mondao
18th January, 2011, 07:24 AM
in some trucks that came with egr exhaust side, perhaps just need to clean the egr valve, is easy to clean

je69
18th January, 2011, 07:47 AM
apreciate the coperation i clean that valve tomorow i let you now thank

donniemnemonic
18th January, 2011, 02:22 PM
hello.
Has anyone come across this problem with a celect plus ecm: the truck will not revv and insite will show that the pedal is depressed idle validation but there is no reading on throttle percentage. After replacing ecm with another truck revvs up fine.

hercamp
18th January, 2011, 06:26 PM
try to fix the problem with validation pedalwith insite it can be solve with ecm recalibrations...Im sure of that

donniemnemonic
18th January, 2011, 06:53 PM
thanks hercamp I was thinking along the same lines but I don't have any celect plus calibrations to try this. Have asked several times on the forums for someone to upload the files that is the c94 and cpi folders but my requests have been in vein. Could you help me with these files as I am in a fix cause the truck is stuck on the road and I need it running asap. Even off expired incal. Was working on a write up on how to use the expired incal disks on the thread cummins incal solutions and tips but accidently erased the post before I could sent it so will do it again as soon as I get home.
Thanks in advance m8. ps please post using winrar. Preferably in the incal thread I started today.

Poptest
18th January, 2011, 07:44 PM
thanks hercamp I was thinking along the same lines but I don't have any celect plus calibrations to try this. Have asked several times on the forums for someone to upload the files that is the c94 and cpi folders but my requests have been in vein. Could you help me with these files as I am in a fix cause the truck is stuck on the road and I need it running asap. Even off expired incal. Was working on a write up on how to use the expired incal disks on the thread cummins incal solutions and tips but accidently erased the post before I could sent it so will do it again as soon as I get home.
Thanks in advance m8. ps please post using winrar. Preferably in the incal thread I started today.

December 2010 Incal files are here.
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-incal-dec-2010-a-180827/#post904247

I hope this helps you.

hercamp
19th January, 2011, 11:43 PM
or try to get an older incal disck...like 2009..and a key for date lock..some of newer incal's not incluided some ecm serials...

about egr ..is normal get fault..if the diesel fuel is not too good or the time of change for fuel filters is too long...try to clean and realibrate with insite...make a couple test..maybe is not damage yet.

je69
20th January, 2011, 05:42 AM
hi everybody, about the isx egr and fan,yes hercamp i got new fuel fllter,diesel its new,iclean the valve and the litle electric motor its good, when you sain recalibrate you mine recabrate the valve with insite or recalibrate the ecm, thanks

je69
20th January, 2011, 06:15 AM
also i clean egr sensor they was dirty you now carbo but now the rpm come down to 800 theywas 950

makura
20th January, 2011, 10:17 AM
well all you need is any incal cd go to my computer,explore the cd,open the file intelect,then open esdn,then open data,copy the folder you need and past it in C:/calterm it will ask if you want to overwrite the existing file click yes to all,now when you want to calibrate using calterm,you will have to choose the cal file from C:/calterm,go to the folder of the type of ecm you want to calibrate for example lets say select plus,you nevigate to the folder c94,open it and select the cal file you want.i have gone through all my celect plus cal files in calterm and renamed them,using CPL,HP,TORQUE and RPM/gorvnd speed.
This makes it a whole lot easier to select a cal file if you don't know the ecm code by number.
After you select your file you can now calibrate your ecm using calterm and files from an expired incal :listen:

hercamp
20th January, 2011, 01:18 PM
hi everybody, about the isx egr and fan,yes hercamp i got new fuel fllter,diesel its new,iclean the valve and the litle electric motor its good, when you sain recalibrate you mine recabrate the valve with insite or recalibrate the ecm, thanks

I mean...just the valve...make some test with insite..open that /close...and turn on/off ignition couple times...thats will change the position of egr ....or (autocalibration at start)

je69
21st January, 2011, 06:02 AM
ok hercamp you se thats new to my i do that tomrrow, apreciate moch thanks sorry my english

donniemnemonic
22nd January, 2011, 10:47 AM
well all you need is any incal cd go to my computer,explore the cd,open the file intelect,then open esdn,then open data,copy the folder you need and past it in C:/calterm it will ask if you want to overwrite the existing file click yes to all,now when you want to calibrate using calterm,you will have to choose the cal file from C:/calterm,go to the folder of the type of ecm you want to calibrate for example lets say select plus,you nevigate to the folder c94,open it and select the cal file you want.i have gone through all my celect plus cal files in calterm and renamed them,using CPL,HP,TORQUE and RPM/gorvnd speed.
This makes it a whole lot easier to select a cal file if you don't know the ecm code by number.
After you select your file you can now calibrate your ecm using calterm and files from an expired incal :listen:

Thanks for this makura.

please post in Cummins incal solutions and tips thread where we are trying to compile all this useful information on incal so it is easier for everyone else to find.:manuscarf::goodpost:

mondao
23rd January, 2011, 02:20 AM
i want spik with the driver of the truck and see maibe the truck as a egr and fan troble o ready wend she blow the resistace and its 2 o 3 diferent problems i think i dont now figuratout
can tell us how fix the problem,please

sptecnico82
23rd January, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi everybody.

I have a celect ECM that just make a noise like a scream... I look in the past post and nothing work for me. I have just about 0.5 v in the big green capacitor.

Any idea. :viking:

donniemnemonic
23rd January, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hi everybody.

I have a celect ECM that just make a noise like a scream... I look in the past post and nothing work for me. I have just about 0.5 v in the big green capacitor.

Any idea. :viking:

Even when you are not getting around 102 volts on large green capacitor you should at least get 12 volts on it when the injector boost voltage circuitry is faulty. Are you getting 12 volts on the 2 legs of the silver diode when ecm has battery supplied and ignition turned on.The diode looks like a power transistor.

sptecnico82
24th January, 2011, 04:43 AM
I will look for that.

Thanks.

sptecnico82
26th January, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hi friends.

I have a problem with a Celect+ ECM. I tried to recalibrate with insite, then calibration fault, after, I removed the ECM from the engine and connected it stand alone, I put the start switch for 5 seconds and it start in ROM mode. Afther, I start a new calibration, but always fails in 80%.

Some idea? I have calterm, but I have no calibrations for the ECM. :viking::help:

donniemnemonic
26th January, 2011, 06:43 AM
Hi friends.

I have a problem with a Celect+ ECM. I tried to recalibrate with insite, then calibration fault, after, I removed the ECM from the engine and connected it stand alone, I put the start switch for 5 seconds and it start in ROM mode. Afther, I start a new calibration, but always fails in 80%.

Some idea? I have calterm, but I have no calibrations for the ECM. :viking::help:

How did you calibrate it with insite if you have no calibration files for that ecm? And secondly why are you performing a recalibration? Also you did not give feedback on what you found with the celect ecm you were working on. The idea of these forums is to share problems and solutions. Feedback please, its important for others following the thread to know whats happening.:hello:

sptecnico82
26th January, 2011, 06:54 AM
OK. I was no more working with the celect, them I dont have any feedback yet. I calibrate the celect plus with incal cd.

donniemnemonic
26th January, 2011, 07:01 AM
had also asked you why you wanted to recalibrate the ecm? is it to change engine parameters or does the ecm have a fault requiring recalibration? e.g footprinted or seeded?

sptecnico82
26th January, 2011, 07:06 AM
The ecm was from a M11 and need to be used in a N14, many parameters dont work properly.

makura
26th January, 2011, 12:35 PM
Copy cal files from your incal dvd to incal,read my post above.people if you take time to read other people's post's you would'nt be asking questions that have been answered already,and to make maters worse it's on the same page as your post.we are wasting time and space on the same issues here,PLEASE READ NEW POSTS AND USE SEARCH FACILITY HERE.

sptecnico82
26th January, 2011, 03:18 PM
Copy cal files from your incal dvd to incal,read my post above.people if you take time to read other people's post's you would'nt be asking questions that have been answered already,and to make maters worse it's on the same page as your post.we are wasting time and space on the same issues here,PLEASE READ NEW POSTS AND USE SEARCH FACILITY HERE.
Sorry, I have the calibration files, I dont have the configuration file... :ciao:

jctech
26th January, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I have the calibration files, I dont have the configuration file... :ciao:

Calterm e2m and ecfg files are in the calterm thread

sptecnico82
26th January, 2011, 03:59 PM
Im looking there right now.... do you have ecfg files for celect plus c94?

jctech
26th January, 2011, 06:25 PM

Celect Plus uses e2m files, posted in the Calterm thread

je69
27th January, 2011, 03:22 PM
hello guis, sorry mondao for the late answer, the problem was ecm damage still need to cal the new ecm i recalibratethe egr valve like hercamp say and still same, i put other ecm and troble solve thanks to you and hercamp

makura
27th January, 2011, 05:40 PM
Go to page 17 of the calterm thread you will get what you are looking for,and by the way celect plus uses E2M config files not ecfg.
good luck

MoShCaKe
7th February, 2011, 04:57 PM
I have an issue with a celect+ ecm i can here it ticking on when i open it but it has no communication with my adapter tried several times to rom boot it thinking that was the problem but no luck please if anyone can tell me where to check and what to replace??

Thank you

MoShCaKe
7th February, 2011, 09:47 PM
ok found theres no 5v on ecm where can i look first?

makura
12th February, 2011, 08:07 AM
ok found theres no 5v on ecm where can i look first?try turning key on for 3 seconds,then turn it off and try to connect to the ecm with the key off.

SaMirakle
13th February, 2011, 03:05 AM

That's going to be something internal then. I work on these ECMs everyday. I'm assuming the common 5V to all the sensor pins are missing or am I wrong? There are more than one pin that need 5V for the sensors.

If it is something internal you will have to either replace the ECM or have it repaired (which I can do but I am located in the US. I don't know where you are located)

jctech
14th February, 2011, 12:06 AM

Check all the fuses for your unswitched ECM power supply

uzara
16th February, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hi
Please check the voltage regulator IC
Input voltage and output voltage of the regulator
regards

gentechie
19th February, 2011, 09:44 AM
hi can anyone help me with CENSE for QSK60G
Found the module faulty and got a new one but it was not responding
does it require any calibration or any other
this is along with cm700 and ssm 558 on the engine harness

gentechie
19th February, 2011, 06:46 PM
i am just searching for schematic of CENSE bench calibration for QSK60G and could not see ur post first unfortunate
but in fact i would be more grateful if can send me diagram to make a bench calib cable for 3098771 on QSK60G or any suggestions to calibrate it
ur early response to this is very much appreciable

hercamp
20th February, 2011, 03:19 AM
dont need post that look in squematic and wiring cummins thread......enjoy

donniemnemonic
2nd March, 2011, 07:23 AM
try turning key on for 3 seconds,then turn it off and try to connect to the ecm with the key off.

Hi all.
Can this procedure be achieved whilst connected to the oem harness of a celect plus ecm or do you connect to ecm using the sensor harness? Secondly when you try to connect to the ecm with the key off will the j1708 or j1939 LED on the inline adapter be flashing? Been trying to rom boot a celect plus ecm that went dead with a failed calibration attempt and now will not communicate with insite. Tried the rom boot cable but still no luck with it.

hercamp
2nd March, 2011, 11:00 PM
if not luck with rom boot !!! the microcontroler is dead .....m8

SaMirakle
3rd March, 2011, 04:03 AM
If it's "dead," I can fix it :)

makura
3rd March, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hi all.
Can this procedure be achieved whilst connected to the oem harness of a celect plus ecm or do you connect to ecm using the sensor harness? Secondly when you try to connect to the ecm with the key off will the j1708 or j1939 LED on the inline adapter be flashing? Been trying to rom boot a celect plus ecm that went dead with a failed calibration attempt and now will not communicate with insite. Tried the rom boot cable but still no luck with it.
HI
Firstly you connect vie the sensor harness,and secondly the lights on the inline will not flush up until you start the connection,when connection has been initialised the flaashing is not continuas but will flush according to the data flow from computer to ecm,and this will work if an ecm fails calibration and fails to connect to the computer after the failure to calibrate.

zds
4th March, 2011, 08:42 PM
have somebody found how to put ECM for ISM cm570 in a bootrom mode? what pins must be closed?

makura
5th March, 2011, 05:23 PM
have somebody found how to put ECM for ISM cm570 in a bootrom mode? what pins must be closed?
go back a few pages in this thread,the diagram is here

zds
5th March, 2011, 05:52 PM
go back a few pages in this thread,the diagram is here

i cann`t find. can you show me the post?

PS do you mean this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f164/cummins-ecm-repair-tips-123306/index8.html#post874690?? but it is for CM85x and CM87x

Juanincho
5th March, 2011, 09:35 PM
Use calterm security setings to put it in 1D0A state (boot rom). Look at post #881 in the calterm thread.

Poptest
6th March, 2011, 05:54 AM
Hi all.

I had the same problem, and followed instructions posted by rudamei. Calibration download was successful..... many thanks to Rudamei. See link below.

Connection was through the sensor harness using Nexiq 1708. I did not use rom boot cable.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-ecm-calibrating-problem-88755/#post447757

tap50
7th March, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hi. ZDS.

You need to ground pin 3,13,14,44.

Regards.

peter21
17th March, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hi
Please check the voltage regulator IC
Input voltage and output voltage of the regulator
regards

hi buddy, have you datasheet for the voltage regulator IC?

Poptest
18th March, 2011, 07:49 AM
Has anyone seen this type of ECM? Brand is Eneserve. This is installed on a QST30 genset with less than 100 hours. I can't get it to run as the ECM has no Cummins part number, and I don't have a wiring diagram.

I hope someone can share some info on this ECM.

Many thanks......

jctech
19th March, 2011, 01:56 PM
Has anyone seen this type of ECM? Brand is Eneserve. This is installed on a QST30 genset with less than 100 hours. I can't get it to run as the ECM has no Cummins part number, and I don't have a wiring diagram.

I hope someone can share some info on this ECM.

Many thanks......

Is the QST30 the old type without electric fuel lift pump (has hand priming pumps)
Is it a CPG genset or "G drive" engine (will not have a PCC panel)

Is that ECM wired to the fuel pump actuators

uzara
19th March, 2011, 04:03 PM
hi buddy, have you datasheet for the voltage regulator IC?

Yes, if you tell me what the voltage regulator is
For example:
78x05 x = letter
or LM317
and so on
Greeting uzara

Poptest
19th March, 2011, 04:57 PM
Is the QST30 the old type without electric fuel lift pump (has hand priming pumps)
Is it a CPG genset or "G drive" engine (will not have a PCC panel)

Is that ECM wired to the fuel pump actuators

You are correct. It does not have both an electric lift pump and a PCC panel. The system uses the feed pumps on the Bosch pumps. The ECM is wired to the Bosch actuators.

I replaced the Eneserve control with a Cummins ECM and harness, then programed with Inpower8. Engine runs fine.

However, i have to work on other identical engines, and can save a lot if the original Enerserve ECMs can be used.

pbateman
20th March, 2011, 03:32 AM
Have had several issues trying to change horse power ratings in the ECM and have several issues with the specs not taking to the ECM . Any ideas or suggestions with this would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!!!!!:party:

Poptest
20th March, 2011, 04:58 PM
Is it possible to replace a dead Celect 3618046 with a 3084473 ECM?

Original ECM is dead. Application is N14-430, CPL1386, DO1008, SC1740. These ratings are not listed under 3084473.

Thanks......

jctech
21st March, 2011, 03:32 PM

Original ECM is dead. Application is N14-430, CPL1386, DO1008, SC1740. These ratings are not listed under 3084473.

Thanks......

Calibrations for ECM's are not backwards compatible, the best you could do would be to try to find a cal that is close with the correct ECM part number.

makura
22nd March, 2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks......Those part numbers are not inter-change-able,you can not use that part number ecm to replace your dead one,if you try to calibrate it using the the wrong part number you will kill the other one by doing that.
Inside these units you have two memory chips 27pc256....these are write once,this is were your base software has been written and you can not change whats written in them.so your part number tyells you the range it can go,mostly part num 361.....would be lets say in the range of cpl 13...up to 16.... and part num 308......from cpl 16..... to 19..... then comes the celect plus that you can caliubrate using different part number for cpl's 20....these donot have write once chips.hope this helps clarify you problem.

Poptest
23rd March, 2011, 06:09 AM
Those part numbers are not inter-change-able,you can not use that part number ecm to replace your dead one,if you try to calibrate it using the the wrong part number you will kill the other one by doing that.
Inside these units you have two memory chips 27pc256....these are write once,this is were your base software has been written and you can not change whats written in them.so your part number tyells you the range it can go,mostly part num 361.....would be lets say in the range of cpl 13...up to 16.... and part num 308......from cpl 16..... to 19..... then comes the celect plus that you can caliubrate using different part number for cpl's 20....these donot have write once chips.hope this helps clarify you problem.

Thank you for your valuable tips on Celect ECM.

Did you see my previous post #192 about Eneserve ECM for QST30? Do you have experience on this product?

Many many thanks again......

jctech
25th March, 2011, 11:58 AM
You are correct. It does not have both an electric lift pump and a PCC panel. The system uses the feed pumps on the Bosch pumps. The ECM is wired to the Bosch actuators.

I replaced the Eneserve control with a Cummins ECM and harness, then programed with Inpower8. Engine runs fine.

However, i have to work on other identical engines, and can save a lot if the original Enerserve ECMs can be used.

I would suspect the Eneserve ECM is a local replacement for the original Cummins FCG ECM which is obsolete.
There is a Cummins service topic describing the repair procedure for a failed FCG ECM, service topic number 03T19-20 (fit GCS module 4067777, sensors and harness), however like you say, its a lot cheaper to find a local solution.

jctech
25th March, 2011, 12:05 PM
The later (GCS 4067777) QST30 with PCC3201 had the "ECM" built into the PCC panel in the form of 4 "boards", that correspond to the 4 connectors on a GCS controller, These were CPG gensets only.
I have no experience of the earlier (FCG, no electric lift pump ) QST30 and PCC3201.

Poptest
25th March, 2011, 02:42 PM
I would suspect the Eneserve ECM is a local replacement for the original Cummins FCG ECM which is obsolete.
There is a Cummins service topic describing the repair procedure for a failed FCG ECM, service topic number 03T19-20 (fit GCS module 4067777, sensors and harness), however like you say, its a lot cheaper to find a local solution.

You are right. I used the 4067777 ECM, plus harnesses and necessary sensors. Gensets run great at all load conditions. I've actually completed two gensets, and I'll be doing another ten units.

A lot of money can be saved if the original Eneserve ECMs can be properly wired up.

Thank you Jctech.

Poptest
25th March, 2011, 03:05 PM
The later (GCS 4067777) QST30 with PCC3201 had the "ECM" built into the PCC panel in the form of 4 "boards", that correspond to the 4 connectors on a GCS controller, These were CPG gensets only.
I have no experience of the earlier (FCG, no electric lift pump ) QST30 and PCC3201.

By the way, each genset has a synchronizing panel, and the Eneserve ECM was wired to this panel which have all been taken out. ECM and sync panel are both Eneserve with Japanese plates.

Jctech, please explain what you men by the terms PCC3201, CPG gensets, and FCG. These may seem basic to you but they're new to me.

Thanks much.....

jctech
28th March, 2011, 12:01 PM
By the way, each genset has a synchronizing panel, and the Eneserve ECM was wired to this panel which have all been taken out. ECM and sync panel are both Eneserve with Japanese plates.

Jctech, please explain what you men by the terms PCC3201, CPG gensets, and FCG. These may seem basic to you but they're new to me.

Thanks much.....

PCC is the name for the Cummins Power Generation genset control panel, this panel controls all the engine and genset operation, model 3201 was the first to control electronic engines.
CPG is Cummins Power Generation, make genuine Cummins gensets, all the rest are OEM's
FCG is Fuel Control Governer, the first QST30 generator engine control system, the ECM's for this are obsolete and there are no calibrations on the InCal DVD for these engines.

Juanincho
28th March, 2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks to jctech and poptest for showing us a different topic, gensets, that's very interesting, hope someone else can share some other knowledge about it (for example, cat gensets), because this is a new field for many of us. I guess this topic deserves a new thread. What do you think? Cheers !
:party:

jctech
29th March, 2011, 01:04 PM
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here with a lot of different knowledge.
Feel free to create a thread on any topic you wish to discuss, just create a thread with a relevant topic and keep the discussion on topic. If anyone can offer advice or opinion they will.

Poptest
30th March, 2011, 05:01 AM
Thanks to jctech and poptest for showing us a different topic, gensets, that's very interesting, hope someone else can share some other knowledge about it (for example, cat gensets), because this is a new field for many of us. I guess this topic deserves a new thread. What do you think? Cheers !
:party:

We have a wealth of knowledge here at DK, as well as a lot of helpful members.

Start your thread, and count me in.

jctech
30th March, 2011, 05:07 AM

Thanks much.....
Can you post a couple of engine serial numbers, I will look at the engine build data and see what they were built with.

Poptest
31st March, 2011, 03:56 AM
Can you post a couple of engine serial numbers, I will look at the engine build data and see what they were built with.

Hi Jctech......

Here are two serial numbers, 37187076 CPL2276 and 37218459 CPL2949.

The CPL2949 engines have the Eneserve ECMs installed on them. I replaced the Eneserves with 4067777 ECM on two engines, and programmed them with Inpower conforming to CPL2949. Engines run well but have insufficient power....can hit 600kw only at 60hz. Inpower doesn't show an alternate 2949 calibration which will uprate the engine to 800kw.

So I am now thinking of uprating them to CPL2276. Do you think this is possible? Problem is.....many parts are not identical, including the injection pumps.

Thanks much for your advice.

jctech
1st April, 2011, 03:01 AM
Hi Jctech......

Here are two serial numbers, 37187076 CPL2276 and 37218459 CPL2949.

The CPL2949 engines have the Eneserve ECMs installed on them. I replaced the Eneserves with 4067777 ECM on two engines, and programmed them with Inpower conforming to CPL2949. Engines run well but have insufficient power....can hit 600kw only at 60hz. Inpower doesn't show an alternate 2949 calibration which will uprate the engine to 800kw.

So I am now thinking of uprating them to CPL2276. Do you think this is possible? Problem is.....many parts are not identical, including the injection pumps.

Thanks much for your advice.

ESN 37187076 was built in 1999, with the now obsolete FCG (CM552) ECM (part number 3094141). It is a G2 engine.
The fuel pumps on these engines were Bosch RP39

ESN 37218459 was built in 2005, (760 HP @1800) with the GCS ECM 4067777. (1340 HP is 1000kW) It is a G1 engine.
The fuel pumps fitted to this engine are Bosch P7100, and are only be used with G1 and G2 engine ratings, higher ratings use P8500 fuel pumps with light load advance for white smoke control.

Try the G2 rating with CPL 2968, it is an EPA/CARB certified rating, and has the same number of flywheel ring gear teeth.
It is 1200 HP @1800

Poptest
1st April, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thank you for suggesting CPL 2968. I will try this out as soon as the 4067777 ECMs arrive.

I've also been thinking of Calterm but have zero experience on this software. Have you tried modifying calibrations with Calterm?

jctech
2nd April, 2011, 07:21 PM
Thank you for suggesting CPL 2968. I will try this out as soon as the 4067777 ECMs arrive.

I've also been thinking of Calterm but have zero experience on this software. Have you tried modifying calibrations with Calterm?

Calterm will not work with InPower calibrations

donniemnemonic
2nd May, 2011, 06:39 PM
hi all
Was wondering has anyone come across a similar fault in celect ecm where fault code 255 is active but when substituted for another the code does not come up.after swapping units it has led me to believe that the fault is in the ecm internals. Any ideas as to which components may have failed here?

donniemnemonic
5th May, 2011, 05:34 PM
hi all
Was wondering has anyone come across a similar fault in celect ecm where fault code 255 is active but when substituted for another the code does not come up.after swapping units it has led me to believe that the fault is in the ecm internals. Any ideas as to which components may have failed here?

After witch-hunting for the past 2 days I am glad to say that I managed to locate the faulty component which was a bipolar transistor. After replacing it and refitting ecm to truck the 255 code went inactive almost instantly.

Poptest
6th May, 2011, 05:29 PM
After witch-hunting for the past 2 days I am glad to say that I managed to locate the faulty component which was a bipolar transistor. After replacing it and refitting ecm to truck the 255 code went inactive almost instantly.

Please post picture location of bipolar transistor.

Thanks.

donniemnemonic
6th May, 2011, 08:35 PM
Please post picture location of bipolar transistor.

Thanks.

Will post pics once i have made some. Tell me have you come across similar faults?

Poptest
7th May, 2011, 01:16 AM
Will post pics once i have made some. Tell me have you come across similar faults?

Yes I have, and 255 is common. Truck driver and/or mechanic sometimes puts a jumper wire between Bat+ and pin 16 of actuator harness.

I've never tried repairing ECMs though. I replace any faulty ECM outright. That's why I'd like to learn.

Juanincho
13th May, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi folks, anyone knows if there is some kind of cross reference guide for calibrations, I mean, with a given ECM code you can look at the cpl, hp, torque, etc, it would be useful for looking at calibrations without going into Insite. Thanks everyone !:beer:

donniemnemonic
14th May, 2011, 09:22 PM
Yes I have, and 255 is common. Truck driver and/or mechanic sometimes puts a jumper wire between Bat+ and pin 16 of actuator harness.

I've never tried repairing ECMs though. I replace any faulty ECM outright. That's why I'd like to learn.

sorry m8 have manged to take a photo of ecm pcb but now I need to edit it so as to identify the transistor I mentioned. Just needed to know before I did post it if you have electronic skills cause this is not the only component failure that may trigger fault code 255 but there are more that could cause it as well.
Regards
Donniemnemonic...........

Poptest
16th May, 2011, 09:45 AM
sorry m8 have manged to take a photo of ecm pcb but now I need to edit it so as to identify the transistor I mentioned. Just needed to know before I did post it if you have electronic skills cause this is not the only component failure that may trigger fault code 255 but there are more that could cause it as well.
Regards
Donniemnemonic...........

Hello Donnie,

I am quite familiar with electronics, but have never attempted to repair/replace any internal ECM parts.

I also realize that the ECM you repaired may already be installed and running on the truck. If this is the case, I don't think you should go into the hassle of dismounting the ECM to take pictures.

Thank you anyway. Your post has been an eye opener to me. I will try to repair an ECM. We have lots floating around here from previous jobs.

Byebye.................. Poptest

Poptest
16th May, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hi folks, anyone knows if there is some kind of cross reference guide for calibrations, I mean, with a given ECM code you can look at the cpl, hp, torque, etc, it would be useful for looking at calibrations without going into Insite. Thanks everyone !:beer:

Hello Juanincho,

I always use Quickserve together with Insite to determine the correct ECM calibration. I beleive this is the best way.

raphael
25th May, 2011, 08:55 PM
i have a cummins celect whit this problem no 5v for eeproms . i check all the transistors, diodes but i dont find the problem , any help?

donniemnemonic
25th May, 2011, 10:48 PM
i have a cummins celect whit this problem no 5v for eeproms . i check all the transistors, diodes but i dont find the problem , any help?

Hi m8.
Do you have a 100 plus volts on the large green capacitor just below the round black inductor housing on your driver pcb? Also check the miniature transformer on the same board should have 12v on some pins and 5v on the other pins. I am assuming that your ecm is unable to communicate with insite or similar otherwise then it would be working okay.

je69
15th July, 2011, 05:00 AM
:driver:thanks makura for this usefull thread

sptecnico82
27th July, 2011, 06:04 AM
Hi guys, I have a problem.

When I did programing a celect plus ecm, the task fail, then every time I try, Insite shows afther a long time waiting and some messages about preparing the ECM error 27508.

I was using the Boot mode, its the only way the computer can see the ECM, I also try with calterm and fails too.

Any idea? :stupido2:

Juanincho
27th July, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hi guys, I have a problem.

When I did programing a celect plus ecm, the task fail, then every time I try, Insite shows afther a long time waiting and some messages about preparing the ECM error 27508.

I was using the Boot mode, its the only way the computer can see the ECM, I also try with calterm and fails too.

Any idea? :stupido2:

Which interface are you using? Are you trying to flash the ecm mounted on the truck?

sptecnico82
28th July, 2011, 02:10 AM
I am using a bench.

Juanincho
28th July, 2011, 11:57 PM
I am using a bench.

In that case I guess the ecm could have some internal damage at the memories or microcontrollers, did it have any fault codes before you flashed it the first time?

joe gp
30th July, 2011, 12:28 PM
heres a problem that i have quite often...celect plus em's that only show 12v on the outside leg of the green cap and was wondering if anyone could type the steps to trouble shooting this problem?

joe gp
30th July, 2011, 12:29 PM
the other issue is my injector supply voltage on supply pins throwing out readings like 8v??

makura
8th August, 2011, 10:02 PM
heres a problem that i have quite often...celect plus em's that only show 12v on the outside leg of the green cap and was wondering if anyone could type the steps to trouble shooting this problem?
The most common problem is a 1.8ohm resistor just near the green cap open circuit.

sptecnico82
9th August, 2011, 08:12 AM
In that case I guess the ecm could have some internal damage at the memories or microcontrollers, did it have any fault codes before you flashed it the first time?

Nothing about memory... just common errors from the engine. :(

joe gp
10th August, 2011, 01:37 PM
The most common problem is a 1.8ohm resistor just near the green cap open circuit.

tx makura.....definitely check that out

joe gp
10th August, 2011, 01:38 PM
Nothing about memory... just common errors from the engine. :(

are you diag lamps initialising on startup?

joe gp
10th August, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hi m8.
Do you have a 100 plus volts on the large green capacitor just below the round black inductor housing on your driver pcb? Also check the miniature transformer on the same board should have 12v on some pins and 5v on the other pins. I am assuming that your ecm is unable to communicate with insite or similar otherwise then it would be working okay.

if still after donnies advice there is still the same problem :
1. check your sensors if 5v is present
2. replace electrolytic cap on data-board (alot of guys forget this one)
3. check for broken or damaged ribbon cable.

hope this helped

sptecnico82
10th August, 2011, 07:06 PM
are you diag lamps initialising on startup?

Yes, the diag lamps does initializes.

4hillbilly
11th August, 2011, 09:50 AM
hi all
i have a ecm with a red engine oil light on . and it has frozen .shows up on insite but can not do any thing.fitted a other ecm truck fine. so the fault in ecm.
thank for any help

4hillbilly
11th August, 2011, 09:56 AM
:wink:
wiring drigram

joe gp
11th August, 2011, 09:32 PM
hi all
i have a ecm with a red engine oil light on . and it has frozen .shows up on insite but can not do any thing.fitted a other ecm truck fine. so the fault in ecm.
thank for any help

sounds like the engine warning lamp.......by frozen do you mean you can connect to the ecm on the truck but cannot acces parameters and fault codes etc??

at this point i'd try re-programming my eeproms and changing ram...

hope this helps

joe gp
11th August, 2011, 09:40 PM

they do this to eliminate the fuel solenoid feed directly from the ecm...only problem here is the solenoid stays open...

the part number of that bipolar transistor if posted would help alot :)

joe gp
11th August, 2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, if you tell me what the voltage regulator is
For example:
78x05 x = letter
or LM317
and so on
Greeting uzara

Lm317 datasheet

joe gp
11th August, 2011, 09:56 PM
got a celect plus 3096662 ecm that cannot accelerate....only idle...one of the two fault codes is 551, check my supply 4.89V and ground is good.....any help would be appreciated

Poptest
11th August, 2011, 10:33 PM
got a celect plus 3096662 ecm that cannot accelerate....only idle...one of the two fault codes is 551, check my supply 4.89V and ground is good.....any help would be appreciated

Fault code 551 indicates a problem on the idle validation switch. See troubleshooting procedures is Insite.

joe gp
13th August, 2011, 12:48 AM
Fault code 551 indicates a problem on the idle validation switch. See troubleshooting procedures is Insite.

with all due respect poptest........was hoping to get some info on the pcb level repair on fault finding....my fault chart also indicated idle validation switch....if you look closer you will see that the idle validation is dependent on the throttle switch signal and thats where the root fault will lie....

on the data board if throttle supply is 5ve and return is good ground then signal return traces through to microprocessor, signal is the processed to your idle validation based on throttle signal return....

@repair guys : if my throttle is at 4.89V will that generate my faults??

joe gp
13th August, 2011, 12:51 AM

feedback on this issue: Makura cap voltage hasn't changed.

any other suggestions would be highly appreciated

donniemnemonic
13th August, 2011, 06:44 AM
feedback on this issue: Makura cap voltage hasn't changed.

any other suggestions would be highly appreciated

Hi m8
Also check the two large transistors on the silver heatsink near the 1.8 ohm resistor Makura mentioned. You probably have 1 that is shorting.
Hope this helps.

Donniemnemonic

donniemnemonic
13th August, 2011, 06:54 AM
with all due respect poptest........was hoping to get some info on the pcb level repair on fault finding....my fault chart also indicated idle validation switch....if you look closer you will see that the idle validation is dependent on the throttle switch signal and thats where the root fault will lie....

on the data board if throttle supply is 5ve and return is good ground then signal return traces through to microprocessor, signal is the processed to your idle validation based on throttle signal return....

@repair guys : if my throttle is at 4.89V will that generate my faults??

Hi m8.
I am assuming that you have replaced your ecm on the truck in question and verified that your ecm is indeed the culprit. If so try hooking up the ecm whilst on the truck to insite and check its response in data monitor mode and post your results. Check idle validation and throttle postion signals. This is one way to verify that ecm can see these signals.
Hope this helps. By the way what is the other fault code?

Donniemnemonic.

joe gp
13th August, 2011, 10:06 PM
hello friends

here is that the date will unlock the PC, without blocking the insite

enjoy ??????

thanks and pm for password

firstly pls upload in insite thread, lets keep this thread on topics relating to ecm repair only.
corrupt file, pls re-upload

carlosramospoma
17th August, 2011, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=ll YO TENGO UN ECM CUMMINS N14 CELEC PLUS ME DAD EL CODIGO 111 Y ME DICE QUE DEVO CAMBIAR EL MICRO PROCESADOR TU SABES CUAL ES Y EL NUMERO DE PARTE