PDA

View Full Version : 93cs46 write protect?

Rob Turbo
4th June, 2010, 10:03 PM
I have a Citro?n xm 2.0 8v turbo ecu, part number 0 261 200 219, for immo removal, it has a 93cs46, I removed the chip and read it with a willem programmer, used immo killer to remove the immobiliser then tried to program the eeprom but it won't write, is it possible that this chip has write protect or am I doing something wrong?

tachonow
4th June, 2010, 10:12 PM
I have a Citro?n xm 2.0 8v turbo ecu, part number 0 261 200 219, for im*o removal, it has a 93cs46, I removed the chip and read it with a willem programmer, used im*o killer to remove the im*obiliser then tried to program the eeprom but it won't write, is it possible that this chip has write protect or am I doing something wrong?
All whats realy possible is to have a bad programmer. 3wire chips are not write protected. Willem is a real shit.

Rob Turbo
4th June, 2010, 10:24 PM
The data sheet for the 93cs46 says it has a write protect option, I just didn't think it would be used in this ecu.

What makes the willem so bad? Software or hardware? If hardware, what can the problem be? Bad soldering or bad components? If it's components then surely they can be replaced with good parts?

tachonow
4th June, 2010, 11:12 PM
The data sheet for the 93cs46 says it has a write protect option, I just didn't think it would be used in this ecu.

What makes the willem so bad? Software or hardware? If hardware, what can the problem be? Bad soldering or bad components? If it's components then surely they can be replaced with good parts?
Ok ! Try and play with it on your own money and risk but dont cry louder after.....

Rob Turbo
4th June, 2010, 11:55 PM
What's your problem? why not just give a straight forward answer? I'm not crying to start with just asking if this eeprom might be write protected, I've had no problems with this programmer so far now you tell me it's shit without explanation, unless you say it's shit because it didn't cost as much as yours?

alexics
5th June, 2010, 12:01 AM
I have a Citro?n xm 2.0 8v turbo ecu, part number 0 261 200 219, for im*o removal, it has a 93cs46, I removed the chip and read it with a willem programmer, used im*o killer to remove the im*obiliser then tried to program the eeprom but it won't write, is it possible that this chip has write protect or am I doing something wrong?

This chip also has a write protect register which can also be protected making the chip read only. A little studying of the datasheet should help you sort it out. The write protect pin has to be set properly to write but you may need to write the internal protect register to enable a full write. You will then need to write back the original value to this register after writing in your dump. If they weren't going to protect all or part of the data they would not have used this chip.

hcip
5th June, 2010, 12:07 AM
Microwire, 93CSxx series has a protect register
if your programmer has an option of "clear Protect register" button you need to click that button before programming
if the option is not present, then the only way to program is to erase all first the eeprom content before programming

also you need to connect all 8 leg of an eeprom
I dont think that the willem support this chip

elrasoft support this kind of chip and I havent problem on programming this chip

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/hcip/elrasoft.jpg

tachonow
5th June, 2010, 09:09 AM
Microwire, 93CSxx series has a protect register
if your programmer has an option of "clear Protect register" button you need to click that button before programming
if the option is not present, then the only way to program is to erase all first the eeprom content before programming

also you need to connect all 8 leg of an eeprom
I dont think that the willem support this chip

elrasoft support this kind of chip and I havent problem on programming this chip

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/hcip/elrasoft.jpg
Just as Ive told you about famous willem.

carclima
5th June, 2010, 09:29 AM

based on my experience one pin need to be conected to ground(maybe) to make chip protected..but why you make so much trouble to youre work...buy new 93C46 wrote youre original repaired dump....and start the car

in my start on this busines 93 make me so many problems with swap,,,8 or 16 byte reading..all this details you can find in datasheat...I belive this ecu will work without this chip...