PDA

View Full Version : Life On Titan?

hoggy952
5th June, 2010, 06:44 PM
Two papers have suggested there's life on Saturns moon Titan.

The first paper, in the journal Icarus, shows that hydrogen gas flowing down through Titan's atmosphere disappears at the surface, suggesting it could be being breathed by alien bugs.

The second paper, in the Journal of Geophysical Research, suggests sunlight interacting with chemicals in the atmosphere ought to produce acetylene, but none has been detected, the logical assumption being something is consuming it.

patkins
5th June, 2010, 09:54 PM
These guys and girls spend fortunes on research such as this when the depths of our oceans lie unexplored. I assume they do so to try and ascertain if life is sustainable on these unreachable planets (unreachable-impracticable for mankind to be moved there should 2012 go pear shaped). The answers to mans dilemmas have always been found on our planet and maybe the oceans still hold a wealth of ,as yet unknown,answers to our present problems.

hoggy952
5th June, 2010, 10:11 PM
your right there pat maybe these experts should look closer to home.

nialler
6th June, 2010, 04:10 PM
it seems to me that if "nasa" etc. used there multi-million budgets to explore the oceans and arctic zones, we may find out more about the world around us ans its history. do we need to know what is out in space ?
in my opinion ( as irrelevant as it is ) we don't need to know about anything that does not impact on us as human beings directly !

hoggy952
6th June, 2010, 10:00 PM
it seems to me that if "nasa" etc. used there multi-million budgets to explore the oceans and arctic zones, we may find out more about the world around us ans its history. do we need to know what is out in space ?
in my opinion ( as irrelevant as it is ) we don't need to know about anything that does not impact on us as human beings directly !
How true. I've often heard it said that we know more about the surface of the moon than the ocean floor. And what about the depths below that? Surely the most efficient way of harvesting our vast store of geothermal power is to plant heat exchangers directly into the molten core. :questionmark::questionmark:

prupru
10th June, 2010, 05:23 PM
La verdad es que no tebgo n idea

hoggy952
10th June, 2010, 09:03 PM
La verdad es que no tebgo n idea
:questionmark: