PDA

View Full Version : seat leon 1.8t remap help!

bitsforpcs
5th June, 2010, 07:37 PM
hi, i have a 1.8T 180bhp leon, i would like to remap myself but have some snags

1.can i remap via obd2 port (i have already copied original to pc via the obd2 port)

2.how do i modify original file. i have ecm2001 and have been told its easy, however im not sure and dont want to continue without being sure
3. do i have to do something with the checsum as some say important
basicly as u have guessed im new to this stuff but have read others who have managed there own. want to edit mine as i dont trust modified maps from a disc that cost 2 quid!

sjonv
5th June, 2010, 08:04 PM
hello,

I have some remapped software for this ecu's. What are your HW and SW numbers??

Sorry, can't give this file for free, had to pay it much for it.

YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING>>>>>>>> AS HAS BEEN STATED >>DK NOT EBAY>>>>>>>>>

btw: you change it with help from ecm2001 or winols, but you need the skills for it. I have the programs also... but cant do it.

bitsforpcs
5th June, 2010, 08:30 PM
hi thanks for reply
HW: 0261206866
SW: 1037360295
if i get file from you do i have to find out how to make checksum same also does file only copy fuel maps etc... im thinking this because of imm remote etc?
if u have right one let me know cost. dave

sjonv
5th June, 2010, 08:37 PM
your engine code is auq.

i have this one.

What tool do you use? my tools do auto checksumm, but i think this file is written with chk.

More info pm please

AyceeDeeCee
5th June, 2010, 08:42 PM
The file depending on what you have downloaded it with should just contain ECU maps. Guessing the file is 512kb or 1Mb?

Careful about shite maps. Especially on a 1.8T.

Your immobiliser is stored in a seperate chip in the ECU so don't worry.

1.8T goes fantastically well, just make sure it is right.

Any tool you have if you are not a pro will not auto checksum. This can be done by a few different pieces of software. Wrong checksum, locked ECU and can't always recover via. OBD. Get that soldering iron out!

sjonv
5th June, 2010, 09:16 PM
i guess you dont have CMD. file size is 1mb.

Done this car many times with good result.

bitsforpcs
7th June, 2010, 06:42 PM
thanks for reply guys
downloaded with galletto, opened file with winols 1.5
file size is 1mb
dont know wot cmd means?
not to worried about checksum at monent as i dont know which maps to mod,how much to increase when i find them. dont want to just load copied one that i dont know anything about like u said.
any ideas how to go about recognizing maps and which ones?

rsibiza
20th June, 2010, 04:56 PM
hello,

I have some remapped software for this ecu's. What are your HW and SW numbers??

Sorry, can't give this file for free, had to pay it much for it.

JOHNNY

btw: you change it with help from ecm2001 or winols, but you need the skills for it. I have the programs also... but cant do it.

You have entered bad name in your browser to SELL M8.

For SELLING PURPOSE go to EBAY...got it?

If somebody sells you something over DK,even in PM...tell it some moderator,or post offers public.

The forum will give you support,as it can,helping you editing your maps,to avoid that you will be ficked up by some traders.

pug_dari
20th June, 2010, 05:02 PM
You have entered bad name in your browser to SELL M8.

For SELLING PURPOSE go to EBAY...got it?

If somebody sells you something over DK,even in PM...tell it some moderator,or post offers public.

The forum will give you support,as it can,helping you editing your maps,to avoid that you will be ficked up by some traders.

I think a ban should give to them who offer service by payment to this forum.

Attention to the moderators of this forum, apply "yellow card" or temporary suspension to those "clever" seller of this forum.

rsibiza
5th July, 2010, 11:27 AM
thanks for reply guys
downloaded with galletto, opened file with winols 1.5
file size is 1mb
dont know wot cmd means?
not to worried about checksum at monent as i dont know which maps to mod,how much to increase when i find them. dont want to just load copied one that i dont know anything about like u said.
any ideas how to go about recognizing maps and which ones?

Did you handle a bit your maps?

If not,try with ecm2001,you can find it here on DK for free,it sgood to learn about chiptuning.

You have ready to use drivers to load,and so you see directly what maps you are seeing.

Once you have them,you can start trying recognise maps in winols....

If some help is needet...just tell.

icezero2010
23rd February, 2014, 01:59 PM
i guess you dont have CMD. file size is 1mb.

Done this car many times with good result.

can u upload the original