PDA

View Full Version : tuxbox commander

cockney
12th April, 2008, 09:05 AM
need a bit of help guys .

when i download tuxbox / dw2.0 image I can't open the files on my pc .running xp media . do i need to open them or just drop them in the dreamup file once I've opened that .

Devilfish
12th April, 2008, 09:16 AM
Not really sure what you're trying to do.

Tuxbox Commander is a plugin on your dreambox image, it has nothing to do with your PC.

On the DW v2 image, press the yellow button and you should see the plugins.

Dreamup is only used for flashing and backing up images, not for general file transfers.

cockney
12th April, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hi its all new to me have been reading treads but still a little confused on what / how to do it
my dreambox is not running on dw2.0 so i cant find tuxbox in the plugins file so i am trying to flash / install the dw2.0 image has is got the tuxbox file in this new image already :withstupid:

aftermath
12th April, 2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, should have.
Did you press the yellow button on your remote control.

You should see the Tuxbox Commander option when you do that.

Then you will know if your image has that plugin.

What you using to flash an image, ? What programmed?
and are you connected to your dreambox via a Network ?

cockney
12th April, 2008, 12:28 PM
think the image may be an old 1 as cant find tuxbox in plugins . so want to flash newer image ( dw2.0 ) so i can do key changes .what cable is best to use . .thanks

aftermath
12th April, 2008, 12:36 PM
I use a crossover cable, and use Flash wizard Pro to flash the box

Devilfish
12th April, 2008, 12:43 PM
Or if you have a null modem cable, use Dreamup to flash it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

In my experience, FWP will freeze on you at some point or hang at 95% during flashing. Your only option at this point is to flash it with dreamup and a null modem cable. Anyone who is going to be playing about with a dreambox should buy a null modem cable, it's invaluable! And only ?3 on ebay.

:)

cockney
12th April, 2008, 12:58 PM
Or if you have a null modem cable, use Dreamup to flash it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

In my experience, FWP will freeze on you at some point or hang at 95% during flashing. Your only option at this point is to flash it with dreamup and a null modem cable. Anyone who is going to be playing about with a dreambox should buy a null modem cable, it's invaluable! And only ?3 on ebay.

:)

thanks its getting clear . just one more thing I have down loaded dreamup .ok next do I down load new image now and drop it in when i am ready to flash or do i down load it direct to dreamup after i,ve conected db .
sorry if iam not making much sence

Jaffa
12th April, 2008, 01:21 PM
thanks its getting clear . just one more thing I have down loaded dreamup .ok next do I down load new image now and drop it in when i am ready to flash or do i down load it direct to dreamup after i,ve conected db .
sorry if iam not making much sence

Download the image and have it on your pc and just follow the instructions from dreamUp

cockney
12th April, 2008, 01:34 PM
thanks for your help mate just got a cable off ebay ?3.50 maplins wanted ?20.00 .

aftermath
12th April, 2008, 01:37 PM
Here is the manual for using Dream Up for the 500c/s

Have a butchers through there.

Devilfish
12th April, 2008, 03:39 PM
There's also a guide in the sticky threads!

And a link in post #7 of this thread!