PDA

View Full Version : A780 set up

jaysbee666
7th June, 2010, 09:07 AM
:giveup:
Hi guys, seem to be having problems setting up my A780 box and any help would be appreciated. This is my set up so far

1. cable from modem to router ethernet port
2. router port to PC
3. cable from box to router port.

went through routine of setting up the router with the modem and all works well, all ports on the router are working, and all cables are fine as ive swapped them about a few times and they are ok.

where i think the problem may be is from the box to the router, am i using the correct cable, is there a special one other than the rs232/ethernet i got from work just the other day, the only reason i can think it might be this is from flashing any box you would use a null modem cable and not an rs232 one.

also the rs232 port on the box is working fine as iv'e already used this when flashing new software onto the box.

Thanks for looking at my post...jaysbee666

cactikid
7th June, 2010, 09:43 AM
new piece of kit
Kryptview Software Toolbar Download (http://kryptviewsoftware.ourtoolbar.com/)

with the 780 as far as i know its just a lan cable the same as pc the one to use,as the null modem is only for flashing it.

jaysbee666
7th June, 2010, 10:03 AM
:proud: Hi cactikid, good to see you're still on the boards.:proud:

Yes cable from the box is rs232 connection and ethernet into router, i may possibly have what looks like the correct cable but may differ slightly wire wise, similar as the null modem/rs232 cable, both look alike, but differ in wiring. Thats what im thinking at this moment.....jay

faflefevre
7th June, 2010, 02:19 PM
hi there on the arnet box theres black card tape covering the ethernet socket...peal away the card to releal the ethernet socket and connect to the router.......this will catch a lot of people out...........

spider hd
7th June, 2010, 10:25 PM
hi Jay other than ethernet cable don't forget you need a cable from vm feed as well to give you channels.

jaysbee666
7th June, 2010, 11:00 PM
hi there on the arnet box theres black card tape covering the ethernet socket...peal away the card to releal the ethernet socket and connect to the router.......this will catch a lot of people out...........

:proud: Bang on m8, its that well hidden it makes you feel stupid when you do find it, Ethernet to Ethernet connection, up and running within seconds of reading you're post..a huge thanks to you, and to other member here for there help...jay :proud:

satsmo
7th June, 2010, 11:14 PM
I could use the old specsavers joke in this instance........but I wont Jay :)

cactikid
7th June, 2010, 11:35 PM
yes i was told that also jay,but i did wonder how you connected to internet as i did say lan cable lol,well you got there in the end,nice to see you here also lol.

jaysbee666
8th June, 2010, 01:08 AM
I could use the old specsavers joke in this instance........but I wont Jay :)

:proud: Hi there satsmo, not seen you on the dark side for a while m8, lol, good to see you're still on the boards, and a Mod to, believe me i did have my specs on at the time, feel a right NUMPTY, live and learn as they say...jay

fatev
8th June, 2010, 10:36 AM
Full set-up tutorial needed me thinks!

cactikid
8th June, 2010, 09:17 PM
it will be the same idea as flashing the 750 but you use the 780 files instead.
read post 2

endemall
15th June, 2010, 05:44 AM
I'm getting the folloing error message when trying to use usb to rs232 adaptor in win xp. Any help much appreciated
The downloading is not requested

alex123
15th June, 2010, 09:08 AM
this box is so easy to set up a kid could do it no messing about with network settings

cactikid
15th June, 2010, 08:48 PM
this i for the 750 as files differ for the 780.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

peao
30th June, 2010, 08:55 AM
what should the system info read on the a780 i am only getting 8 channels

bigfella9
13th July, 2010, 09:32 PM
First make sure you have the righ firmware like i mention below then go to the menu installation factory default turn the box off at the back then for 1 min then back on again, after this select the auto scan bottom option, then ONLY change the TOP item PROVIDER ONLY from next screen, leave the rest alone and press the green button on the remote, next screen you will get a list of net id's choose the one closest to your area and press ok, LEAVE the box to scan when finished it will tell you to press exit do that.

Third now connect up your ethernet to your box and away ya go, make sure you have your incoming cable going direct to the RF in on the box. First make sure you have firmware 18/05/2010 or 18-06-2010, im sure its in the downloads on here i put the 18-6 2010 on mine and lost my sound so put 18-05-2010 on and now all chanels up and runing.a bloke called brain wave helped me out with mine.hope this helps.i was getting the 8 chanel thing like you.