PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 307 HDi

aftermath
12th April, 2008, 10:50 AM
I have the above car its on an "02" Reg.

recently , well about 6 months ago, i started getting faults on the dashboard.
1st one , the fuel warning light keeps coming on even is there might be ?20s worth of diesel in still. So at the Mo.... i fill the tank up once a week to be safe.

2nd one The ABS warning light is staying on ive just had my brakes etc all done recently, i got a letter from peugeot the other day recalling all the card for a fault , something to do with water can get to the ABS somewhere, but somehow i dont think this little modification will sort it out though.

Its a shame as i love driving it, and it very economical.

any ideas chaps ?

smirnoff_rules
12th April, 2008, 10:54 AM
sure l read somewhere the dash/speedo had earthing faults on them . seems to be alot for sale on ebay http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Peugeot+307+speedo

Neil
12th April, 2008, 01:14 PM
Go over to this car forum http://www.gsfcarparts.com/forum/ and ask them. I always found it a very helpful site.

jiggy
12th April, 2008, 04:34 PM
Do you get a bumping through the brake pedal at low speed.
The 307 can have a problem with the rear abs wheel sensors they dont pick up the wheel speed correctly its normally caused buy a build up of rust under the sensor which pushes it out of line so its not flat against the hub
or it could be due to corroded wires near back axel.
As for the fuel gauge problem it probably needs a new tank sendor unit and possibly a bsi download

aftermath
12th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, when i get my head round to it , i need to get it sorted.

@ Jiggy, yes i do get the banging at low speed but normally just when i start running the car in the first 5 mins, once its warmed up its ok. Normally when i am breaking.

jiggy
12th April, 2008, 05:24 PM
Aftermath its more than likely down to rust as mentioned the only way to know which side it is thats causing the fault is a diagnostic check.
A new sensor is about ?25 and it takes about 2 hours to fit

vamp
1st February, 2009, 03:34 PM
full of luck in portugal to substitute 2 sensor in the wheels cost 235 euros

magstore62
29th September, 2009, 10:56 PM
hello

i have a PDF with the motor HDI

:cheer: