I want to buy like a dealer tdiagnostic tool for all modules in Hyundai cars
Can you recommend me for such a tool?

autoelectric
7th June, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hello
check carman scan

joshplianfield
7th June, 2010, 09:47 PM
autoenginuity has quite good coverage on hyundais.

gmtechnic
7th June, 2010, 09:56 PM
hello friends the kts from bosch worqs very good in hiunday cars

regards.

zimbali7840
17th June, 2010, 11:01 PM
Hello friends

If you want serious and good scanner, buy only G-Scan. I had carman and now have G-Scan. Carman is no longer the original tool for Hyundai and Kia, so the coverage for cars after 2008 is not as powerful as you expect.

G-Scan is now the original tool used in all Hyundai and Kia dealerships. It also has very good coverage on other Asian cars.

Autoenginuity and others can only do 30-40% of what G-Scan can do. They have no programming, setting and configuration.

Ashraf6119
21st June, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi

Also Multi Scan is good Scanner for all Korean, Japanese, and some European cars as well.

Have a look in this site.

V-Tech UK: Products: (http://www.v-techuk.com/english/products/index.asp)

Ash

Cyrus The Great
17th July, 2010, 10:36 PM
Hello

Could you help me about buying G-SCAN?

I wanna buy this device (made in china).

Thanks

titogarci
26th August, 2010, 08:06 AM
The carman Scan is the best diagnostic tool multi-brand for diagnostic Hyundai-Kia cars, because is the same manufacturer (NEXTECH) that the oficial test equipment hyundai-kia.

infoitpro
26th August, 2010, 08:35 AM
The carman Scan is the best diagnostic tool multi-brand for diagnostic Hyundai-Kia cars, because is the same manufacturer (NEXTECH) that the oficial test equipment hyundai-kia.

carman Scan CAN USE HYUNDAI TRUCK 360 HP ?

titogarci
26th August, 2010, 10:30 AM
carman Scan CAN USE HYUNDAI TRUCK 360 HP ?

No, only light cars (accent,sonata,atos,i30,i10,i20,santa fe, tucson, coupe...)

Fordracer4life
28th August, 2010, 01:41 AM
I checked with my kia and hyundai dealers this week I want one myself they said the factory vci to run GDS is available through Snap on business solutions. I am waiting for a call back

servando
7th September, 2010, 07:07 AM
hallo i nedd software for hyundai

tanks

zimbali7840
8th September, 2010, 05:36 AM

As of end of 2008, NexTech is NOT the official supplier of OEM tool for Hyundai and Kia and Carman has no coverage for 2009,2010 and 2011 cars when it comes to key programming, ECU coding, etc.

"GIT Auto" is a company that took over the diagnostic tools for Hyundai and Kia. They supply VCI interface with GDS SW to dealers in North America and Germany and G-Scan to most other countries.

GDS uses a toughbook Panasonic laptop, scope, etc and so is very expensive (~15-20 K USD). G-Scan is a standalone touchscreen tool which is sold around ~4000 USD worldwide to after market and ~2700 USD to dealers. They are basically the same tool, only the SW is different.

The dealer G-Scan however, only supports one brand; Kia or Hyundai. Aftermarket G-Scan, on the other hand, supports a wide range of Asian and German brands. Hyundai and Kia SW is exactly the same on OEM and aftermarket and the only difference is that ECU reflashing is disabled on aftermarket, which is understandable and not a serious issue.

I should say there is no Chinese clone in the market for non of those tools mentioned above (VCI, G-Scan). But if you'd like to purchase the unit, I have good connections which can save you a lot on buying. You will deposit the money directly to the manufacturer and so will cut the middle man and save money. As you may know, you cannot buy directly from the manufacturer as they have a distribution channel which sell the units, but my connections can get you an invoice form them directly.

If interested, PM me.

zimbali7840
8th September, 2010, 05:46 AM
Hello

Thanks

Hi,

There is no Chinese G-Scan. It is strictly and only sold to GIT's distributors and is not sold directly to any customer. You should find a distributor in your country. As far as I know they have a distributor in your country, PM me if you need some help.

ggpanos
9th September, 2010, 01:28 AM
Hello friends

Carman Scan Lite , with closed eyes !!!:rock:

sogaro
9th September, 2010, 06:12 AM
@Zim, if ECU programming and key functions won't be inclusive in the aftermarket as espoused it might not be worth the spending, what do you think?

zimbali7840
9th September, 2010, 08:14 PM
@Zim, if ECU programming and key functions won't be inclusive in the aftermarket as espoused it might not be worth the spending, what do you think?

Key programming is included, but you need to get the Access Code from hyundai anyways. If you have the code (SMARTRA,...), you can do key programming, it's exactly the same as the dealer tool in that sense. You can also get the code from VIN>PIN calculators in the market, if you don't wanna deal with Hyundai/Kia.

ECU reprogramming is not included, and it's not included in any other tool either (Carman, ...). But As far as I am concerned and based on my own experience, ECU upgrades aren't needed so frequently, and the liability is so high in case something goes wrong in the flashing process (burning ECUs, etc). I personally prefer not to do ECU Flashing even if my tool has it.

But in case you need to do it, J2534 is a standard protocol these days and any J2534 programmer (Actia Multidiag, Cardaq, Bosch Flasher Pro, etc) can do it and the HW is not that expensive. You can also get the ECU Flash files directly from manufacturer's website for 20-40 dollars per file depending on the car, make, model, etc. It's almost the same cost for the dealers too.

As long as ECU flashing is now mandated by law to follow a universal protocol, having one generic tool can reprogram everything after 2006 or so. However, this is for USA/Canada and I'm not 100% sure about Europe and other places.

zimbali7840
9th September, 2010, 08:21 PM
Carman Scan Lite , with closed eyes !!!:rock:
Carman does not support security functions for cars after 2009. For 2009 and later cars, Carman is like any other multibrand diagnostic, the OEM company is now changed and the tool is different.

Please do your research before recommending someone to invest in something.

sogaro
9th September, 2010, 08:30 PM
:rock:@ZIm, you are the AUTHORITY on Hyundai and KIA. Actually, i should have been more specifc with regards to ECU matters. am more interested in adapting a "new" used ECU on Hyundai and KIA models when the Ori is faulty and a replacement is necessary. Can this tool do it without go through Hyundai or KIA site , i have ICC for codes and the other you mentioned too.

zimbali7840
12th September, 2010, 03:40 AM
:rock:@ZIm, you are the AUTHORITY on Hyundai and KIA. Actually, i should have been more specifc with regards to ECU matters. am more interested in adapting a "new" used ECU on Hyundai and KIA models when the Ori is faulty and a replacement is necessary. Can this tool do it without go through Hyundai or KIA site , i have ICC for codes and the other you mentioned too.

Most ECUs in Hyundai/Kia world do not need adaptation when a new (virgin) ECU is replaced. Adaptation or coding of a new virgin ECU is much more common in European vehicles, but not on Hyundai/ Kia.

Below is the answer I got from the manufacturer (Sep 2009) when I had the same question as you have now :) and after getting the tool, what they said turned out to be the case:

"For Hyundai and Kia, for the cars before 2004~5, there was no ECUs that needed coding.

Since 2005 or 6, starting from NF Sonata, you needed coding only for ABS, which G-Scan supports. For the other ECUs, you could simply put a new one in the car then the car will run normally.

Now, this coding became more widely available with the new cars that are being released in 2009 onwards.

Among the new cars released recently, there is Tucson XI (Released in July 2009) supported in the G-Scan menu and the other new models such as YF Sonata (released in September 2009) and other new models that will be released in the future will be added as the OEM software is updated on regular basis.

For Tucson, for example, coding is required for the following systems.
- ACU coding (coding required after replacing the airbag)
- Diesel ECU Reset: High Power / Low Power
- ABS Variant Coding (Car Model Recognition)
- ESP spec recognition

G-Scan supports these functions, and as the OEM scan tool, G-Scan will have the same functionality for the new cars that will come later."

BoDilan
14th September, 2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by ggpanos
Carman Scan Lite , with closed eyes !!!

Carman does not support security functions for cars after 2009. For 2009 and later cars, Carman is like any other multibrand diagnostic, the OEM company is now changed and the tool is different.

Please do your research before recommending someone to invest in something.

Full options work not all models and options

jabf
20th September, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hello

Thanks
I FOUND THIS IN ALIEXPRESS, THE THING I LIKE MOST FROM THEM IS THAT MOST OF THE TIMES, ARTICLES ARE SENDED TO YOU THROUGH UPS OR DHL, I HAVE BOUGHT SOME TOOLS A TABLET COMPUTER AND SOME PROFESSIONAL LIGHTING FIXTURES AND ALL THE ITEMS WERE WHAT THEY PROMISED, FAST DELIVERED , AND WELL PACKAGED, HOWEVER $5K IS A LOT OF MONEY AND YOU PROBABLY MUST CHECK WITH A LOCAL DEALER. BEFORE YOU MAKE A CHOICE.
Wholesale-GIT G scan for hyundai and kia (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/341431366-GIT-G-scan-for-hyundai-and-kia-wholesalers.html)

zimbali7840
21st September, 2010, 08:23 AM
I FOUND THIS IN ALIEXPRESS, THE THING I LIKE MOST FROM THEM IS THAT MOST OF THE TIMES, ARTICLES ARE SENDED TO YOU THROUGH UPS OR DHL, I HAVE BOUGHT SOME TOOLS A TABLET COMPUTER AND SOME PROFESSIONAL LIGHTING FIXTURES AND ALL THE ITEMS WERE WHAT THEY PROMISED, FAST DELIVERED , AND WELL PACKAGED, HOWEVER $5K IS A LOT OF MONEY AND YOU PROBABLY MUST CHECK WITH A LOCAL DEALER. BEFORE YOU MAKE A CHOICE.
Wholesale-GIT G scan for hyundai and kia (http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/341431366-GIT-G-scan-for-hyundai-and-kia-wholesalers.html)

I got mine way cheaper than what is on that website, besides they don't seem to have a good feedback. For sure, a local distributor is your first bet, but if there's no legal representative in your area, you can PM me and I will give the contact of my supplier. He gave me direct invoice and info to deposit the money directly to the manufacturer and got it shipped from the manufacturer too, so the price was really competitive.

Netpardaz
10th October, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Zimbali
I need to buy G-Scan and I saw that you write that you have connection with manufacture so please give me information for buying directly from them in Korea

carclima
10th October, 2010, 10:04 PM
As few members say carman is best for KIA/HYUNDAI..search on ebay usa or au..I buy one years ago old one hiscan pro what is actualy carmanscan1..apsolutly best tool what I have..search for his younger brother and have coverage for todays car

with my tool I have only hyundai sw..but price was 450$ you cant buy chines good clone for this money.carman have integrated scope,multimeter,signal generator..all what you need..and as realy dealer level tool acces to ALL modules with ALL options included..
and it is handheld standalone device..

so check USA or australian market maybe you will be lucky as me and buy cheaply

zimbali7840
11th October, 2010, 07:56 AM
As few members say carman is best for KIA/HYUNDAI..search on ebay usa or au..I buy one years ago old one hiscan pro what is actualy carmanscan1..apsolutly best tool what I have..search for his younger brother and have coverage for todays car

with my tool I have only hyundai sw..but price was 450$ you cant buy chines good clone for this money.carman have integrated scope,multimeter,signal generator..all what you need..and as realy dealer level tool acces to ALL modules with ALL options included..
and it is handheld standalone device..

so check USA or australian market maybe you will be lucky as me and buy cheaply

@Carclima: have you tested your Carman on a 2010 or 2011 model? Does it have key coding function for example??

by the way, you got your carman-I for a very good price, $450 was a real bargain ;) the original and new one sells for $3-4 K

zimbali7840
11th October, 2010, 07:57 AM
Hi Zimbali
I need to buy G-Scan and I saw that you write that you have connection with manufacture so please give me information for buying directly from them in Korea

@netpardaz:
depends for what country you need it for. PM me the destination and I will surely do my best.

Dr.Bojan
11th October, 2010, 05:35 PM
Carman Scan by NexTech work for Hyundai and Kia from 2007, then GIT Auto start cooperation with Kia and Hyundai but he don't work with end user. On May 2010 they start with sale G-Scan who is now No1 for Asia Cars. NexTech stop recive software from many company Honda, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai etc... If you see SW for CarmanScan last year you will see that update was too poor.
GIT now start with Aftermarket scan tool G-Scan and he work 100% as GDS. You can see vehicle coverage on him site G-scan (http://g-scan.gitauto.com/products/g_05.aspx)

mtservice
24th October, 2010, 05:09 PM
I have the G Scan is OEM and is the best for Kia Hyundai global level and OEM. make all funtions except reflash thi is link; ** Git - Global Information Technology ** (http://www.gitauto.com/neweng/02_5_3.htm)

EssexTech
26th October, 2010, 09:44 PM
G Scan is not available in the UK but I have been quoted ?2k plus VAT for one. I talk to Hyundai technical regularly so I will find out what the G Scan is like. I am trying to get a VCI but they are few and far between but you never know .

carclima
10th November, 2010, 10:37 PM
@Carclima: have you tested your Carman on a 2010 or 2011 model? Does it have key coding function for example??

by the way, you got your carman-I for a very good price, $450 was a real bargain ;) the original and new one sells for $3-4 K

Of course not tested on brand new cars...but tell me what should be reason for buyin dealer level tool IF you are not dealer?? this cars have waranty for 3 or 5 years...until then we probably will somehow find a way to update our old tools to be able to work on them....this price what I pay looks like birthday present for me..and Iam realy satisfied how this is made and how this work..sw is old but update is somewhere behind corner here on DK

zimbali7840
3rd December, 2010, 10:55 AM
Of course not tested on brand new cars...but tell me what should be reason for buyin dealer level tool IF you are not dealer?? this cars have waranty for 3 or 5 years...until then we probably will somehow find a way to update our old tools to be able to work on them....this price what I pay looks like birthday present for me..and Iam realy satisfied how this is made and how this work..sw is old but update is somewhere behind corner here on DK

You may be right, it depends what cars you work on and what customers you have. If I have a tool that my neighbour also has, I do not have anything to get more customers to use my service and my shop.

With an outdated tool you can charge 20-30 dollars maximum to do a shallow diagnostic. prefer to do specific things and charge more. I can charge over 200 dollars for a coding that takes 5-10 minutes, which no body can do in the area, because they all preferred to go with "NORMAL" scanners.

Some example: When someone loses a key and wants to reprogram it on a Hyundai/Kia models 2009, 2010 and 2011, not a single person can do it and the dealer charges like hell, so people prefer to do it in other shops like mine.

I also work with body repairers, some times ECUs are damaged in an accident. They don't want to get an ECU coded in dealership, as they charge a lot. It's good to knnnnow that ABS ECU for example on 2010 Hyundai and Kia cars need to be initialized when first installed on a car. It's a 2 minute job and I charge 150 dollars for it.

The same story goes with Toyota, Lexus, Nissan and Infinity and .... with Key programming, Steering wheel calibration, Immo reset, ABS air bleeding.

I don't want to only read fault codes and do actuator tests, I need something deep and that's why nothing can do this job on Asian cars for me like GScan.

But you may have a different business and maybe that works better for you, I like to charge people a lot and I have to have the right tool to do it :bandit:

londondiagnostcs
9th December, 2010, 01:45 PM
I am not sure if they are authorised dealer or not, but I have just ordered a unit from here (http://www.dldtools.com)

zimbali7840
9th December, 2010, 04:30 PM
I am not sure if they are authorised dealer or not, but I have just ordered a unit from here (http://www.dldtools.com)

It's a bit strange dude, they don't have a contact, address, etc. Wish you get what you paid for.

BTW The GScan description on their page is also an exact copy-paste of my previous post (post #20) of this very topic. That's cool.... I'm being quoted on diagnostic websites :ridinghorse:

He seems to be an insider... hey insider :wavey:, how's it goin'?

triplerkeyservice
19th January, 2012, 02:19 AM
hi sir,
do you have a email adress?
need some info thanks,