PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide

Macaz
24th November, 2008, 01:11 PM
:dontknow: I hope I've posted this in the right place but apologies if not. I've had my motorised TM5400 system for a couple of weeks now. I've read about Diablo cams etc giving me more choice of viewing. However, after navigating the forum it seems the way to go is with a linux system. If I'm going to spend ?140 on a cam would I not be better off splashing it on a linux satellite box instead. I know the learning process is far greater with linux but that is my ambition. I'm not too fussed about HD at the moment as I'd prefer to learn the ropes on a standard box initially. I would be more than grateful for any advice please.

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th November, 2008, 01:19 PM
sell your 5400 and buy a linux receiver and the cam if you want.. futureproof. and cs.

Macaz
24th November, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the advice Sadiq999uk. I will defo buy a linux receiver, keep my TM running for now and read up and try and take in all the linux guides before I attempt to use it. Can anyone advise which receiver to go for please, DM500s (original or clone), eagle, Linux blackbox, Envision etc?

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th November, 2008, 02:46 PM
500s is good...
u got cable???

Macaz
24th November, 2008, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately not. Satellite only.

Curious123
25th November, 2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the advice Sadiq999uk. I will defo buy a linux receiver, keep my TM running for now and read up and try and take in all the linux guides before I attempt to use it. Can anyone advise which receiver to go for please, DM500s (original or clone), eagle, Linux blackbox, Envision etc?

All the dm500 boxes are clones so makes no difference which box you order i.e eagle, linus blacbox , envision.