PDA

View Full Version : channel scan

dunryc
12th April, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hi all wondering if anyone can help me ive been playing about with a clone dm500 running "neutrino dream plus ultra" i know this is quite an old image but i much prefer the neutrino style rather than enigma. When i scan i cant get the same amount of channels that i can when i scan with my dreambox (running the latest commando image) i have had a look at the services.xml file on both boxes and they have different formats so if i ftp my dbox service to dreambox it cant see any channels and asks me to execute a new scan is there any way of converting my dbox services to dreambox format or does any one know why i can get the same channels on both boxs ? thanks dunryc

Devilfish
12th April, 2008, 02:08 PM
Dbox2 services are different to dreambox services, even if both images are neutrino based.

I've uploaded a program here which will convert them for you.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=110

Create a folder on your desktop and copy the d2d.exe program and your services & bouquets into it. Run the program and it will convert the dbox2 neutrino services to dreambox neutrino services.

The dbox2 also has a better tuner than the earlier original dreamboxes. The newer clones have better screw on tuners though.

The dbox2 also scans in more channels than the dreambox because the dreambox won't give you sky sports box office, or most of the adult channels, i.e. red hot, spice extreme, 100% babes, etc.

mic_mic
12th April, 2008, 02:23 PM
kaos how many posts do i need to be able to download?

Jaffa
12th April, 2008, 02:27 PM
kaos how many posts do i need to be able to download?

You need 5 m8, but it may take the forum an hour or so to update, could be much less than an hour, thats just a guess by me.

mic_mic
12th April, 2008, 02:32 PM
You need 5 m8, but it may take the forum an hour or so to update, could be much less than an hour, thats just a guess by me.

oh. Thought you must have been wrong when i passed the mark. Cheers

dunryc
12th April, 2008, 03:03 PM
Dbox2 services are different to dreambox services, even if both images are neutrino based.

I've uploaded a program here which will convert them for you.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=110

Create a folder on your desktop and copy the d2d.exe program and your services & bouquets into it. Run the program and it will convert the dbox2 neutrino services to dreambox neutrino services.

The dbox2 also has a better tuner than the earlier original dreamboxes. The newer clones have better screw on tuners though.

The dbox2 also scans in more channels than the dreambox because the dreambox won't give you sky sports box office, or most of the adult channels, i.e. red hot, spice extreme, 100% babes, etc.

thanks for the heads up ill have a go later when the kids are in bed !! whats the reason for not picking up the adult and sports channels is it a tuner issue ? and is there no way of ever getting these

thaks dunryc

VeNoM
26th May, 2008, 07:39 PM
New here and found forum by accident.
Like look of it though.
Better get posting to dl'd this lol.
Thanks.

VeNoM

harby_d
9th June, 2008, 09:00 PM
ive heard using a booster, helps. but i used one and its no good, was even worse when i had it connected!

amd1691
20th June, 2008, 02:29 PM
Can someone provide a link for services for London East..
Thanks..

middlewingnut
22nd June, 2008, 07:18 PM
Anwering the question a bit higher up - losing sport and adult channels (or infact any channels) may well be a signal problem, usually solved by getting a booster.