PDA

View Full Version : Problem tacho universal

heeyroen
9th June, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I've found this forum on the internet and i find it quite a usefull forum. I've a problem with my tacho universal. A little bit strange problem.
First of all i get the 'update handheld' message. I thought that i can get that ok with tachoupdate.exe. That didn't work. After that i tried with an passat from 2002. And what a suprise it did work.
Anyway, my tacho universal cant do anything over diagnose anymore. Versuch 1, Versuch 2..... bla bla. The strange thing is I have programmed a toyota avensis with eeprom clip and that worked well. I tried the update method with the PCB board that i received with my tacho universal. THe message 'update handheld' is disappeared, but the same problem. Have tried 3 cars for diagnose, it don't recognize them. ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry

z786
9th June, 2010, 11:42 PM
if you are lazy buy this

China ECU Tools Centre (http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=205&sortsid=3503&sorts=Odometer) Correction

and if your good at soldering buy this

China ECU Tools Centre (http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=999&sortsid=3503&sorts=Odometer) Correction

carsolution
10th June, 2010, 12:34 AM
Hi friend.
It is a common problem in that machines.
You will need to replace several things to get it working again.
I recommend to you buy a new hand held Tacho with the sync problem already fixed and the machine doesnt go down anymore.
Here you have the link from where I bought a new handle tacho when mine went off too.
It had the same symptoms you are talking about, I triyed all the repair tips but never worked 100%, the problem was fixed until now when I bought the hand held Tacho with problem already fixed.
Here you have the link:
AUTOSKY Professional Diagnostic Tools,VAG Diagnostic Tools,BMW Diagnostic Tools,Car Diagnostic Connectors,ELM Family Tools,Auto code reader,Mileage Correction,Chip Tuning Tools,Service Resetting,Airbag Resetting,Auto,Auto ECU Programmer (http://www.cnautotool.com/products_1.asp?menuid=36&id=253)
Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Nuno

heeyroen
10th June, 2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks you both for your answers.

But in fact i have no symptoms that came with the update repair kit.

Screen display: Diga update
Screen display: RESET
No display after powered on
No vehicle list, screen display black strip
Frequently Halting
Screen display both the following:
update handheld?
???SYNC??? ?
The machine cannot read EEPROM

My problem is that i can read eeprom, but can't read over diagnose. Have anyone advise what it can be. New component or handheld buying is not difficult, but then i also haven't find the problem. It should be usefull for everyone when the problem is found.

Best Regards,

Harry

lupu_sandu
10th June, 2010, 08:04 AM
Search the bloody forum m8. Already discussed this problem.

heeyroen
10th June, 2010, 09:24 AM
lupu_sandu i've already searched the forum, i mean it. I only found the problems with 'update handheld'. Mine tacho doesn't give that error anymore. It just don't do over diagnose. With eeprom it works.
I didn't desolder the 24c02, i just used the update tacho board.
I've found a fix on this forum to desolder the 24c02 from an ddr memory card. If this can fix it, i would try this first.
Then ive just one question:
What's the best wey to solder this, because the mine is with the green board so the 24c02 is SOIC and the pins are very little. Is the best wey to solder it with solderpasta (fluid that hardens when you apply hot air) or do you have other suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

lupu_sandu
10th June, 2010, 11:05 AM
Did you search? lol
Here mate: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f115/diga-problem-big-problem-61187/

heeyroen
10th June, 2010, 11:47 AM
Lupu_sandu thank you so much for your time and advice.

I'm now at work but when i'm home i'm gonna try it. I did'nt found this topic on the forum. I've found this:
If OBD2 is not working, the small SMD power transistor is defect, left under lCD screen (I think it was a NPN transistor, check number) I took a normal BD137 for this, not sure long time ago. Measure between 2 legs, if shortcut then transistor defect. If not replace the 74HC04D above the transistor. Once I had a transistor defect and on another diga the 74HC04D.

Much thanks mate.

hcip
10th June, 2010, 02:46 PM
no clear answer with your question

if your diga problem is only on diagnose, but it can read/write HC11 MCU, you need to change only the Transistor beside the HC04 IC, but if it cannot read/write HC11 MCU, you need to replace the 74HC04 IC

heeyroen
10th June, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hcip thanks for your answer.

I'm now at home and looking at the mainboard. But the eeprom code is difference from that wat you said. The mine is not 74HC04 but 74AC04. Also dont have transistor beside this IC. Just have a transistor LM2595s JM87RS -5.0 P+. IS this the one jou mean. I hope so then i can go tomorrow to an electroshop to buy these tools.

Thanks

heeyroen
13th June, 2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your answers. I've found the smd transistor but now have 2 problems i hope you guys can help me.

First problem is:
I cant find the smd transistor here in te netherlands. Does anyone of you knows an alternative or maybe an electronic product where i can desolder it from.

Second problem is:
I wanted to do it fast, and desoldered it with soldering iron not with litze. Now from the three pads two pads are broken. With pads i mean the pads to solder on. Does anyone have a DIY or something to fix this or any advice.

Thank you so much everyone.

heeyroen
14th June, 2010, 09:11 AM
Anyone pls?

BeianM
16th June, 2010, 08:22 PM
Second problem is:
I wanted to do it fast, and desoldered it with soldering iron not with litze. Now from the three pads two pads are broken. With pads i mean the pads to solder on. Does anyone have a DIY or something to fix this or any advice.

Thank you so much everyone.

To repair you will have to scrape back any lacqure from the track so you can solder a strand of wire onto it.

My own problem is being unable to read a hc908. I have tried two bcu from renault espaces. It just sits ther saying 'working' & will do so for several minutes if left. This is new chinese shit, I have already had to replace two chips just to get it to work. The 74hc541 was not included in the repair kit. There is a 12c5604 in the kit, any idea what this does. Should I replace it or do I get the 541's replaced.
Thanks in advance.