PDA

View Full Version : ford focus 1.6 zetec v reg remote locking fault

allforfun
10th June, 2010, 03:59 PM
ive got a v reg 2000 ford (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/#) focus 1.6 zetec s the car is mint condition 33,000 miles the only problem is the remote locking does not work ive tried reseting it ignition on and of 4 times in six seconds position 2 to 1 etc yet no beep its been taken to a ford main dealer who says it does not have remote locking and it would cost ?300.00 to have it fitted is this correct ? as it has all the buttons on the keys or are they trying to pull a fast one is there anyway i can find out if its equipped with remote locking ? the central locking works of the key yet nothing else please help me out on this on many thanks or any ideas how to fix the fault ?

allforfun
11th June, 2010, 08:31 PM
anyboddy help here ?

Meat-Head
11th June, 2010, 09:02 PM
sorry, just sat on the floor and monitor to far away to properbly read your post.

Try your remore on somebody elses car/vise versa.

Don't worry about somebody else pinching your car as the remotes are programmed back out each time, you ping pong.

M-H-M supply and fit after market remote locking kits ?105+vat, two remotes.

Does your remote go 'CLICK' when you press the button or 'spongey'?

z786
12th June, 2010, 01:22 AM
hav you had the car scanned for faults mate?

RSwire
12th June, 2010, 01:45 AM
did you get the car used or new? if used is it a replacement key made at a dealer? the focus is a cookie cutter car many options in many different cars Ford isn't going to make diffrent keys when you order them by the million. it's probably a generic key for all focuses just the car don't have the option. seen it in other cars and trucks. hope this helps.

allforfun
12th June, 2010, 08:12 AM
so there was an option without remote locking then ? perhaps the dealer is right then how easy is it to fit the after market kit ? or can i just go to a scrap yard get a second hand module and fit that ? and where is it on a focus?

Meat-Head
12th June, 2010, 10:17 AM
? perhaps the dealer is right then how easy is it to fit the after market kit ?

Approx 15 mins, including looking at ~~~~ on the internet.

O/S foot well unit laughing at you, earth on body

*FROM MEMORY*

Black/green black/orange are the suck and blow wires, one from one plug, one from the next, neg switched
find a conveinent orange/yellow for B+

Jobs a carrot, back on DK before you know it.

Oh if it takes 10 mins, or 10 hours it's still ?105+vat so shut it.

allforfun
12th June, 2010, 01:41 PM
can i just another unit from a scrap car and plug that in i assume the wiring will be there ?

cristec
12th June, 2010, 01:58 PM
You say the keys have remote control buttons on them then it may need the body control module resetting, this is above your right foot when sitting in drivers seat.
Black box with 4 or 5 plug in connectors just un-plug them all leave disconnected for a minute, then plug back in and go through the key learning procedure again.

HTH

allforfun
12th June, 2010, 04:02 PM
what i need to know is that every car had remote locking ? can someone tell me that donbt want to go messing about if it has not even got remote locking on it ? what sure way can i tell it has got remote locking ?

cristec
12th June, 2010, 04:52 PM
If your car was supplied with remote control keys then it's likely that the car has remote central locking.
If you do as I explained, it will not do any harm, and if it doesn't work you have not lost anything.

HTH

yamar1
12th June, 2010, 06:33 PM
my 2003 focus cl didnt have remote locking but did have central locking. i got a ford 3 button remote key and a ford remote locking modual second hand from ebay, fitted it to my car, then programmed the remote to the module using the ign on off 4 times method you spoke of, then the remote locking worked, even the remote boot release works. make sure you get the correcy year modual for yours though.:proud:

if it does not have remote locking usually the focus comes with a standard flat key with a blue chip in the top, and not the 3 button remote key you have, so to me that would indicate that your car does have it. you can go to the dealers and they can get a record up on microcat which tells you the spec off the car when new from the chassie number, i have used it on myne before or maybee one of the dk members can check it for you if they have it on the pc.

z786
12th June, 2010, 06:54 PM
have you got a button inthe car thats for locking the doors?

allforfun
13th June, 2010, 01:28 AM
YES THE KEYFOB HAS THE BUTTONS BUT THE CAR DOES NOTHING WHEN YOU TRY TO PROGRAM THE KEY WHERE IS THE MODULE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THIS ?

yamar1
13th June, 2010, 11:13 AM
YES THE KEYFOB HAS THE BUTTONS BUT THE CAR DOES NOTHING WHEN YOU TRY TO PROGRAM THE KEY WHERE IS THE MODULE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THIS ?

just up behind the dash on the right, drivers footwell. the different moduals look the same though and it is just the internals which are different. I.E non remote central locking and remote central locking moduals will look identical apart from some part numbers on the front. i paid ?30 for mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-2004-CENTRAL-LOCKING-AND-ALARM-CONTROL-BOX-/270587577942?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0046c656

allforfun
13th June, 2010, 08:26 PM
ok best to go top the scrap yards and see whats there