PDA

View Full Version : stream from your dreambox to a remote computer

alunfennell
24th November, 2008, 08:17 PM
stream from your dreambox to a remote computer

dxc
10th February, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hi: Thanks, I will try this.
I have a brother who has a dreambox. He set up a server and claims that it would be possible for me to log on to that server from my home computer and then watch the channels from the dreambox as if I was sitting at him using the dreambox on his tv.
My question is if this is possible at all. I haven't figured out how to do it. I can log into his dreambox and can choose channels and change channels on the dreambox, but the VLC plugin never starts or doesn't download anything.
Does it depends on his upload speed or is it just not possible.

Thanks

alunfennell
10th February, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hi dxc,
use this software it will work far better, just add the IP address of your brother into it on startup, no need for vcl player, it uses WDP instead.

Regards:
Alun

opsmonkey
10th February, 2009, 11:52 PM
Alun this is awesome.. how would i remotely connect.. eg from my dads pc in liverpool..?

in the ip address bit i have put in 192.168.1.2 which works on my home pc.. but what would my dad put in..??

would it be my ip address.. eg: 86.5.133.100

regards

alunfennell
11th February, 2009, 02:25 AM
Hi opsmonkey,
I sent you on a PM.

Reards:
Alun

Jaffa
11th February, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hi dxc,
use this software it will work far better, just add the IP address of your brother into it on startup, no need for vcl player, it uses WDP instead.

Regards:
Alun

Cheers Alun....I have been having hit & miss results from VLC but I just installed this and it works fine.

Thx and rep added m8.

ziad20
11th February, 2009, 08:56 PM
I need to check it, thanks anyhow

Alun this is awesome.. how would i remotely connect.. eg from my dads pc in liverpool..?

in the ip address bit i have put in 192.168.1.2 which works on my home pc.. but what would my dad put in..??

regards

mightymag
12th February, 2009, 10:17 AM
cheers m8,
just set this up on my downstairs comp and loving it!!!
is there a tutorial on how to set it up on other computes over the internet?
i cant read the instructions that came with it!

cheers again

alunfennell
12th February, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Guys I will bring you a few more interesting documents on this subject in the next day of so.

Regards:
Alun

dxc
13th February, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Alun:
Thanks for the help. I will try it out immediatly.

Best regards

dxc
13th February, 2009, 12:51 PM
Ok, just tried to use dreambox viewer, but it says no connection to Dreambox.
However I can log into the dreambox from Internet Explorer or Firefox. Just can't play anything.

Is there a guide for dummies on how to setup the dreambox and server properly and how to connect from a remote computer?

Jaffa
13th February, 2009, 01:46 PM
I just installed dreambox viewer. When I started it, it then wanted to install a couple of wee programs like bitcontrol or summat like that, then put in the ip addy and it has worked since. I did have "not connected" once but with dreambox viewer I was able to restart the dreambox and it was fine after that.

dxc
14th February, 2009, 02:01 AM
Hi Jaffa:
Are you logging in on a computer located in another house? I mean the computer is not in the same house and LAN as the dreambox?

mfaraj57
17th February, 2009, 05:19 PM
Ok, just tried to use dreambox viewer, but it says no connection to Dreambox.
However I can log into the dreambox from Internet Explorer or Firefox. Just can't play anything.

Is there a guide for dummies on how to setup the dreambox and server properly and how to connect from a remote computer?
hi
The program itself gives guide to misconnection proplems
wrong dreambox ip
dreambox or pc not connected to network
wrong username or password
dreambox ip blocked by firewall

pug
27th February, 2009, 11:13 PM
works but keeps locking up, any ideas

mfaraj57
2nd March, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hi
The program designed to work with windiws xp and dreambox 500 .Although it works with vista and other enigma 1 based dreamboxes but give proplems
The program code belong to visual basic 6 which is old language for modern systems add to this the difficult jop to connect two different systems micorsoft windows and dreambox linux.
However i am working now to release new edition from the program coded by modern .net programming language which should be more stable with windows vista and even windows xp and as rule when dreambox freeze the program will freeze and so many proplems of the program will be solved by restarting the dreambox

besnik46
4th March, 2009, 11:03 AM
I am tryn to conect but nothing hapens i mean with dreambox viewer 4.0. i am trayng to conest remotly form mu work to my home dreambox
any idea thenks

kgalal1981
10th March, 2009, 11:13 AM
i want to know how to watch dreambox on my pc

pug
11th March, 2009, 11:13 PM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun
i,m using mfaraj viewer already working well, how do I log in from my dad,s house. ip address ? can u pm me how!

Thanks

mfaraj57
16th March, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hi
some points about dreambox viewer 4
1- The program is designed to work within home lan and not to control or view remotely by internet
the program depends upon windows media player and hope next release wmp12 will make restreaming is easier so restreaming over internet will be included in the program in the next version
2- Program is designed for windows xp and has many proplems with vista although it works
beta version from program is more stable and compatible with vista even doesnot need setup ,you can find it in this link and any suggestions are welcome to the email included in the program
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download mfaraj dmviewer4.5vista beta 2.rar (http://www.4shared.com/file/92840035/9bbe0b96/mfaraj_dmviewer45vista_beta_2.html)

jdz01
16th March, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hello, on my LAN I use VLC, version 0.8.6i. Neweer versions did not work. 0.8.6i works, but most of the time not at once. I have to swicht channels some time (by webx-tv connection), then the streaming video comes up. Is there a solution for this minor problem?
JDZ

ces
16th March, 2009, 11:28 AM
you can stream via ya browser...just type in the ip addy of the stb in in ya browser login then hit the vpid radio key then away ya go the picture appears on the screen...easyest way to do it

ces

macao100
16th March, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thank s for all
An idee for stream divx from pc to dream ?

alunfennell
16th March, 2009, 02:28 PM
What you need !

-a pc
-a dreambox or a linux based box
-ethernet cable
-video files...
and these softwares(attached in this post)

Note please,this will work on every box .

Now follow these steps on your pc:

-Install on your pc VLC Media Player 0.8.1
-after the installation go on your desktop and on the icon of the program go to property-destination and add this line after the words already wrote "--intf wxwin --extraintf=http" .
-start vcl from the same icon you have edited
-go to settings-preferences-input on Server port write 8080 and save this change
-open the file xml of vlc client 0.2.3
-on "server ip" write the ip of your pc on "config stardir" the path where are the files you want see on your box
-save these changes

ON your dreambox

-copy the files of vcl client 0.2.3 in this way(by a ftp software):

"vlc.xml" on "/var/tuxbox/config"
"vlc.cfg" and "vlc.so" on "/var/tuxbox/plugins"

-go on your dream and open the plugins area(often the yellow button)and open "VideoLanClient"...now you can see all the files of that folder.

Regards:
Alun

nikh
17th March, 2009, 02:44 PM
My boss as just asked me to find something like this - well better than doing real work. - thanks for the info

elmoro
6th April, 2009, 12:11 AM
Unfortunatly this doesnt work out to well for me, i feel i'm banging my head into the wall...

Hope i can make some of the guides work out.

opsmonkey
7th June, 2009, 12:34 AM
this is has been working well but recently i cant access anything on the left hand side, bouquets, providers, all services.. it comes up with errors saying not connected to dreambox but it is still streaming video..?? even when i press refresh it is ok until i click on providers or satellite, then the error message comes back..

i still continue to view stream, even in the settings when i use test connection it says ok..?

Any ideas..??

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/viewer.png

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/viewer2.png

alunfennell
7th June, 2009, 12:58 AM
opsmonkey I am having the same issue ...I found out that a lot of this program is built on other trial based software and the licensing has run out for some of it causing different issues... I have spent some time on this and it Fuc!ed my head for ages untill I found the underlined problem, noting we can do untill new version is released...

Regard:
Alun

opsmonkey
7th June, 2009, 01:16 AM
cheers alun.. it was getting right on my tats.. i knew it was working fine last time i used it.. My mate is staying on the sofa and i thought great i can watch the...er.. er.. sport channels.. yes sport channels, via my laptop and the viewer.. obviously not.. the prog creator was here the other day saying he's working on a new Enigma 1 version ;)

colombo2530
7th June, 2009, 05:31 AM
A tutorial explaining how to stream from your dreambox to a remote computer.

courtesy of Rocknroll & Templo

wont let me download says i havnt got access

mfaraj57
7th June, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi everybody

I have created the program for myself when i found VLC for some reasons is not efficient in receiving the stream from dreambox,so i used bitcontrol directshow in my program and i used free old versions to do the jop,but sometimes users download recent not-free versions so the program worked form some period and ask for registering bitcontrol

On the proplem mentioned by opsmonkey the possible cause for this behaviour could be the dreambox port,the program designed to work with dreambox port 80,else will cause proplems,Opsmonkey can get the vidoe stream but the proplem with the data and the strange thing that when hit providers he got the error
To go more deep,when the user hits providers button,the program send command to dreambox requesting providers but nothing returned so the program understand this as error in getting data from dreambox and this proplem not related to any licence issues
shortly i will release version 5 hoping i will solve most of the problems of version 4
i do not expect the program to become popular and more than 100,000 copy is downloaded
i am not profissional programmer and my jop not related to programming at all I put the program just for fun and distribute it to be used by others for free

opsmonkey
1st July, 2009, 10:46 PM
it doesnt work now, id save your thanks

vanwehaege
6th July, 2009, 02:03 PM
Can i use this for dm7025 with gemini2?

opsmonkey
6th July, 2009, 07:20 PM
Can i use this for dm7025 with gemini2?

see below for clarification

it doesnt work now, id save your thanks

Skindancer
7th July, 2009, 08:27 AM
What software is best for DM800?

mfaraj57
13th July, 2009, 04:56 AM
regards

for dm800 and all dreambox types you can use this software
dreambox player and web streamer

in addition you can broadcast dreambox stream over internet by simple steps to receive stream anywhere

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (2) tunisia-sat dreambox player and streamer5.rar (http://www.4shared.com/file/117369127/13dfdfd1/_2__tunisia-sat_dreambox_player_and_streamer5.html)

mfaraj57
14th July, 2009, 05:06 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreambox-streaming-internet-never-easy-like-45719/

Dedes
14th July, 2009, 09:53 PM
Does this really work?

I am trying to set up my DM500 from my parents home to my flat. I guess I need to get into the DM500 remotely. How should I do this?

Thanks
Dedes

PS - How can I download the PDF file on the 1st post of this thread?

mfaraj57
15th July, 2009, 04:59 AM
Yes,it works
you can use it within local network to view dreambox
or use it remotely by internet to view your dreambox
just install the program and start your trip

Buttzcool
31st July, 2009, 04:48 AM
Hi yall!

Can anyone tell me why its not possible to simply access the Web If from a remote PC with no need to have local PC switched on? I have a Dreambox 7025 and can stream to my laptop on my wireless home network by inputting the Dreambox's IP. Is there a plugin out there for the DBox that allows you to set bitrates and other settings and with the proper ports opened on the router to allow access to its Web If remotely? It would be great to access movies on the hardisk or channels when abroad without having to leave ur PC on for 2 weeks!

Cheers,
Frustrated Irish Dude

romprod
31st July, 2009, 12:42 PM
What ports other than http port 80 do i need to be able to connect from outside of my home? I've tried using 'Tunisia-sat dreambox player&web streamer' and also 'mfaraj dmviewer4.5vista beta 2' to no avail!

These of course work fine when i'm sat at home.

Ta

chrisstavrou
2nd August, 2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for this, hope i will make it work as it got me crazy ...

pslayer666
8th August, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun

that looks cool!!

cheerz :D

mfaraj57
9th August, 2009, 06:02 PM
Hi yall!

Can anyone tell me why its not possible to simply access the Web If from a remote PC with no need to have local PC switched on? I have a Dreambox 7025 and can stream to my laptop on my wireless home network by inputting the Dreambox's IP. Is there a plugin out there for the DBox that allows you to set bitrates and other settings and with the proper ports opened on the router to allow access to its Web If remotely? It would be great to access movies on the hardisk or channels when abroad without having to leave ur PC on for 2 weeks!

Cheers,
Frustrated Irish Dude

Hi
No way to do that ,you need first to transcode stream(compression and conversion of stream) and this cpu-consuming process so you need pc to do that transcoding process before restreaming to internet

mfaraj57
9th August, 2009, 06:04 PM
What ports other than http port 80 do i need to be able to connect from outside of my home? I've tried using 'Tunisia-sat dreambox player&web streamer' and also 'mfaraj dmviewer4.5vista beta 2' to no avail!

These of course work fine when i'm sat at home.

Ta
Hi
for dreambox player&web streamer you need only dynamic dns address and to open port 1234 and do restreaming
thats all
No need to open port 80 unless you want to access dreambox web interface remotely.

Bonesy
11th September, 2009, 11:42 AM
Some very kewl info there, shall have a play with this:)

black-venom
14th September, 2009, 04:06 AM
possible to uload it direct to internet?

giwrgos79
14th September, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi there... i am new here. is there a chance a dm500 clone to be unable to stream properly due to hardware reasons?

Rickske
20th September, 2009, 09:35 PM
This is a cool project.. But can we make this work, for streaming to iphone?

bud75
14th December, 2009, 09:50 PM
Can you use computer to watch the streaming

lemec73
19th December, 2009, 09:06 AM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun

Thanks for your help, I am new to this. I'm gonna give this a go and I hope that it will work. Lemec

charlesmalta
30th January, 2010, 04:25 PM
hi, i have a dm800 hd i wish to make it accessible from a remote computer so i can watch tv. is it possible to be?
thanks in advice.

slotter
1st February, 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun

link is broken

gingerninja
31st March, 2010, 03:46 PM
does this work on cable dreambox

charlieanna
31st March, 2010, 04:19 PM
Will try it tonight....hope it works

Manc-Red
6th April, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Guys, Ive been using the viewer for a while, I'm now not getting any audio.

Anyone experienced this?

z11
9th May, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun
Guys, tried to get the above file and my browser just shows a blank page--any ideas?

Thanks

Manc-Red
10th May, 2010, 06:57 PM
Can anyone give me a step by step on sorting the issue which is attached??

Cheers in advance

mfaraj57
3rd July, 2010, 04:00 PM
Hi
just run this file while program is closed

register codec (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AH7O3S3)

dufmyster
20th September, 2010, 08:13 PM

regards hi guys ive done the setup but im only getting sound im trying to veiw my dreambox via pc im my bed room. help guys

ThomTom
20th September, 2010, 10:00 PM
Hey, i tryed using dreamview v0.1.5 (dev 002) and that prg works i can change the chan from the comp but for some reason i cannot see on my comp what the dm500 is playing... also if anyone knows why the dm500 wont let me mount a shared folder on my network plz any advise will help. i would like to be able to bring up the mp3's that are on my comp via dreambox.

haji24
7th December, 2010, 12:30 AM
how can i downlad this software

scoey
7th January, 2011, 05:53 PM
how do you connect to d/box is it just through i,e

damiensk
8th January, 2011, 12:26 AM
register codec (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AH7O3S3)

dont know if any body can help, clicked on the link above, tried to open the application, nothing happened.
now i have tied to delete the application, and it wont allow me.

how can i get rid of it,

regards

hics
17th February, 2011, 02:52 AM
Hi All,
I have a dreambox 500, i need to stream from dreambox to pc, i have installed dreamboxviewer but i get only a black page !!

has anyone faced similar problem??

Win XP
Dreambox 500

spike08
7th May, 2011, 11:13 PM
did you ever get this sorted, my dreambox will be going out the window in a minute

spike08
7th May, 2011, 11:15 PM
Hi yall!

Cheers,
Frustrated Irish Dude

did you ever get sorted? my dreambox will be going out the window in a minute
:manusign:

spike08
7th May, 2011, 11:20 PM
Hi
for dreambox player&web streamer you need only dynamic dns address and to open port 1234 and do restreaming
thats all
No need to open port 80 unless you want to access dreambox web interface remotely.

Hi, i know this is an old post but this is frustrating me! What im trying to do is access the web interface of my DM800 from work (or anywhere on the internet) just the exact same way i would access it from home. I have setup dyndns to access the web interface of the dreambox but not having any luck. I've setup the dynamic dns as dreamboxdm800.dyndns.tv and have portforwarded on the router but no luck at all, am i doing this arse about face, is there any easier way to do this?

thanks

blizard442
7th May, 2011, 11:46 PM
Hi, i know this is an old post but this is frustrating me! What im trying to do is access the web interface of my DM800 from work (or anywhere on the internet) just the exact same way i would access it from home. I have setup dyndns to access the web interface of the dreambox but not having any luck. I've setup the dynamic dns as dreamboxdm800.dyndns.tv and have portforwarded on the router but no luck at all, am i doing this arse about face, is there any easier way to do this?

thanks
You will need to forward you ports on your router so it will be

port 21 to ip address of DM (FTP)
port 80 to ip address of DM (WEB)

just use a ftp program like fileZilla, type in the ip address of your broaband connection and you should be forwarded to your dreambox. use ipchicken.com to find out your ip.

make sure you change your passwords from the standard ones for security.

ianholbrook
17th August, 2011, 01:59 PM
Alun,

Forgive my ignorance but I can't see your posting even though everyone thanks you for it.

Help?

Ian

Bulld0g
17th August, 2011, 02:01 PM
It's an old post and the original file has been removed.

yangtao315
1st October, 2011, 05:55 AM
Is there new version of it?

danbri
9th October, 2011, 08:06 AM
what is the best to streme from dm500?

spahner
5th January, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone! New to this forum, looking forward to trying this Dreambox viewer. I have tried the VLC plugin for Firefox and found it to be buggy...

kylefreeman
31st January, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hi I have a dream box and would like to use the internet to get channels, can anyone help me.

Kyle

domirudi
23rd February, 2012, 11:04 AM
when port forward as ip static will be this of pc or this of db?

gavo1985
2nd March, 2012, 10:41 PM
hello everyone, new to here and also new to these dreamboxes!

one question: wat is "WDP"? :manusign:

npjhome
9th March, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hi am I missing something wheres the link?

cboyer
9th March, 2012, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=npjhome;1482555]Hi am I missing something wheres the link?[/QUOTE

3rd comment 1st page

npjhome
9th March, 2012, 10:30 PM
Link doesn't work?

cboyer
10th March, 2012, 10:03 AM
try starting a new thread mate asking anybody for it just explain link broke i dont know were to findthings on here went link broke as it has happened to me a few times im new

diver1
8th November, 2012, 09:37 PM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun

Hi Alun,
Dont seem to be able to open this file????????????
Can you help?
I would be grateful if you could provide some 'set up' notes if you have them. ( simple for a newbi)

Best Regards,
John

diver1
8th November, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hi dxc,

Regards:
Alun

Alun,
Cant open the software????????Can you help?
It sounds brilliant and would like to try it out.
If you have some 'basic' set up instructions (for a newbi) that would be wonderful.
Best Regards,
John

spike08
9th November, 2012, 02:37 PM
I have a VU+ Duo, heres how i got mine going. created a free dyndns.com host name. Logged into my netgear router and under Dynamic DNS I specified my hostname that i created with the username and password. Then went into my VU+ and downloaded Password changer and enabled HTTP server so that i can access the box remotely. I then typed my host name into the browser and it prompted me for my username, root by default and the password, what i jsut created. This got me logged into my VU where i could stream then. I have a 17meg upstream. What i then did was downloaded XBMC player on my laptop and congifured it to be able to stream from my box so that I do not have to use the browser to stream. XBMC lets me see the boquets and select one to stream instead of downloading an m3u file and then streaming through vlc. I hope this makes sense, if you need to drop me a PM and ill certainly try to help! I'm only a beginner with all this but i was able to set it up my self by messing around with the config. P.S the port for the vu is port 80, i strongly recommend changing it to a different port for security reason. :proud:

diver1
9th November, 2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks Spike,

I have sent you a PM.

John

jaggaji
16th November, 2012, 09:14 PM
how to download this giving me permission setting

ELTORNO6
25th November, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hola amigo, sabeis d?nde puedo encontrar el programa dreamview en el foro. MUCHAS GRACIAS.
Un saludo.

spike08
25th November, 2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks Spike,

I have sent you a PM.

John

Did you get sorted?

benny7
7th December, 2012, 04:02 PM
can anyone send me the link and what i have to do in order to watch or record on my pc from my dreambox 500

Johnnnyuk
29th December, 2012, 11:14 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this but as I have been setting up my box I have come across many helpful tips..Thx for them...but there are also many that are a tad misleading (or maybe I just didn't get the whole story). As a result I would like to add some more info from my present experience. I now have my Dreambox 800 streaming to my pc using TS Dreambox Streamer. When I ran the program at first I had no video or audio. After a lot of research I found a link that stated you need VLC player version 1.0.5 or less and now...hey presto it works!