PDA

View Full Version : Help please Setting up a Dream800 Clone

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 02:18 PM
I have just taken delivery of a DM800 Clone as an upgrade from a DM500 clone. however when I have tried to flash an image and I have tried a few different ones, it seems that it either fails to boot or boots then I get a green screen with an error message or it boots up but then I have a black screen but the led on the box looks like it's going through the menu. either way I cannot even get to the set up wizard screen. am I missing somthinghttp://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/blush.gif or have I got a dodgy boxhttp://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/oops.gif. when flashing an image say sim201e-75-OoZooN-CVS-full-dm800-20100109 is this a one step operation or should i be looking to add further software after the inital flash stage.

any help would be greatly welcome.

Thanks in advance
AB

Curious123
11th June, 2010, 02:38 PM
If you are getting a green error screen then it means your box is crashing. Try a different image on your dm800, I use the Sim 201e bl75 Nabilo Blackhole on my clone dm800. After flashing the image I usually power take the lead out of the back count to 10 and re-insert the power lead to reboot the box.

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 02:55 PM
thanks for that Curious 123,any chance of a link of that image please also if i flash that image am i correct in thinking that i should then be able to go stright through the dish / network setup. On one inmage i used i got through to the wizard set up then after i had finished and tried scanning for chanels it froze with an error message.

Cheers
AB

father ted
11th June, 2010, 03:05 PM
look at post 8 see if this will help you http://www.dm800sim2.com/sim2/index.html and it should go the full course

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 08:08 PM
Ok I have installed NabiloBlackHole-12-SIM201e-BL75- and i now have the FTA Channel working but i cannot find the the CCCams with this image IIRC by running darkstar 2 with the dm500 they were in the blue panel however when i go into the blue panel with this image they arnt there? can anyone please advise. possibly tel me how to install CCCam i have googled but no joy

Thanks again in advance

Cheers AB

Bulld0g
11th June, 2010, 08:10 PM
Green.. Yellow Addons :)

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 08:20 PM
THanks you very much its easy when you know how:stupido:

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 08:59 PM
All up and running thanks for your help

Thread Closed Please

Regards

AB:proud:

Bulld0g
11th June, 2010, 09:00 PM
Glad you got sorted m8y :)

arrod-ball
11th June, 2010, 09:06 PM
Only thanks to you guys it would have taken me days to find the addons menu without your help also to Father Ted & not forgetting Curious 123. I also have to say what a great little machine the DM800 Clone is. I am a very happy chap i have to say.:bounce:

Curious123
11th June, 2010, 10:34 PM
Only thanks to you guys it would have taken me days to find the addons menu without your help also to Father Ted & not forgetting Curious 123. I also have to say what a great little machine the DM800 Clone is. I am a very happy chap i have to say.:bounce:

No need to thank us m8 we just pointed you in the right direction but you did all the rest so you deserve a pat on the back.