PDA

View Full Version : 02 Laguna started to read Miles in KM

justy22
11th June, 2010, 11:23 PM
My Freind has a 02 Laguna and its started to display distance in KM instead of Miles, can this be changed back to miles

All help appreciated Please

Meat-Head
11th June, 2010, 11:28 PM
a) Think you had best bin them jump leads, buy a spanner and a battery charger

b) Try reading the handbook, possable she/he has pressed and help the trip button or simular and toggled a setting.

justy22
11th June, 2010, 11:43 PM
a) Think you had best bin them jump leads, buy a spanner and a battery charger

b) Try reading the handbook, possable she/he has pressed and help the trip button or simular and toggled a setting.

Checked no toggle button, seems that its common problem on this model after jumping

Meat-Head
11th June, 2010, 11:46 PM
Checked no toggle button, seems that its common problem on this model after jumping

Yes meant to say it is a common problem with the speedo heads on these,
no need to jump start it to cause a problem, they do it on their own.

Try disconnect/reconnect the battery.

Last one we had in, it was the processer gone down, ?200+vat from www.dashrepair.uk.cnuts (http://www.dashrepair.uk.cnuts)

z786
11th June, 2010, 11:57 PM
only way 2 fix it if you know some who owns a renault clip and use it 2 reconfigure the dash, if it still doesnt solve it, you need a new cluster as these cluster are known for this issue, somethin 2 do with configuration chip bein fried

justy22
12th June, 2010, 12:21 AM
only way 2 fix it if you know some who owns a renault clip and use it 2 reconfigure the dash, if it still doesnt solve it, you need a new cluster as these cluster are known for this issue, somethin 2 do with configuration chip bein fried

I was thinking of investing in a renault clip anyway, can anybody tell me, can programming of renault keycards be done via the clip and also roughly how much are the blanks

z786
12th June, 2010, 12:34 AM
keycards can be programmed but you will need the security code, which is kinda hard 2 obtain

blanks cost around the ?80 region

justy22
12th June, 2010, 01:03 PM
keycards can be programmed but you will need the security code, which is kinda hard 2 obtain

blanks cost around the ?80 region

I was told you can programme the blanks from china with renault explorer without any codes

z786
12th June, 2010, 02:24 PM
never tried renault explorer
but if im right, doesnt dat cost a bomb?