PDA

View Full Version : Broadband via Vermin Media without subscription?

ziezou
12th June, 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I was think about getting a Vermin Media phone line and I have vermin broadband modem from a previous installation. I was wondering if I connect this to the cable through a splliter one for the phone and one for the broadband would it work even though Im only subsctibed to the phone service? If so could they find out?

smoggy
12th June, 2010, 11:20 AM
the phone line and broadband lines are two seperate systems, ie each have their own line.
if you have a broadband cable then more than likely it is still live but you will need the modified equipment for it to work

williamhague
20th June, 2010, 07:40 PM
i had a modified vm modem an ntl home 200 and now i have moved house it keeps askin me to activate my virgin broadband by ringing them up is there anyway i can do it myself alll the lights that come on are the ready and enet and pwr and also wen i turn on my pc it says its online but i cant get any internet sites on apart from the stupid virgin activation screen help if u cn plz!!!!

Bulld0g
20th June, 2010, 07:42 PM
i had a modified vm modem an ntl home 200 and now i have moved house it keeps askin me to activate my virgin broadband by ringing them up is there anyway i can do it myself alll the lights that come on are the ready and enet and pwr and also wen i turn on my pc it says its online but i cant get any internet sites on apart from the stupid virgin activation screen help if u cn plz!!!!

Read the rules if you can be bothered.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

Discussions about hacking or modifying cable company equipment will be removed