PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sell some gear??

HGV_DIAG
12th June, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hi guys,

So me and the Mrs are having issues. Ive decided to move out and live either at my mates house or back to my mums till i get enough cash to start looking at a nice deposit on a house..

Now i aint gonna be selling all my gear, but there's just no need or room to keep some ECUs / Hardware, cables etc..

So..I know ebay that might be able to shift them on for me, but i would be gutted if it doesn't reach a reasonable value or doesn't sell.

Does any1 else know of a place that might be interested in a few (99.9%) truck hardware / parts...all original, no cloned interfaces here..

stupidguy
12th June, 2010, 04:59 PM
Ebay, but not here. They try and keep this site clear of "sellers". Not trying to sound like a jerk. It just comes naturally when I type.

j_jaarsma
12th June, 2010, 05:03 PM
i don't know where you live but in my city there is a website that you can buy and sell stuff locally that works great for that.

HGV_DIAG
12th June, 2010, 05:24 PM
thanks to you both. just worried that say i sell original cummins / caterpiller allison interface it goes for 100 quid...worth a hell of a lot more than that..Being truck hardware and parts like turbos and ECMs i feel i may struggle with local papers like loot and quids in..

Will have to stick with ebay. Just a killer since u pay for listing,reserves,paypal and commision. prob 10% fees in total :( with this amount of gear ebay could quite easily make a few hundred quid that i would rather have.

Thanks

Meat-Head
12th June, 2010, 11:33 PM
When you say "Some gear" is any of it smokeable?

Bud or resin? With the 'gear' to inhale it with?

sfrey25
13th June, 2010, 12:33 AM
You should try Craig's List. I agree that eBay charges you too much of a percentage, but Craig's list is free. I used it to unload some furniture. It worked great!

Sam

rp1210a
13th June, 2010, 02:09 AM
HGV_DIAG,

I just sold a bunch of truck interfaces on fleabay. Cummind inline5 brings at least $400us. Sold Isuzu IDSS $650us, Eaton Wireless $450us, Cummins Quickcheck $300. Almost all were originally purchased from ebay for a fraction of what i sold them for. If you list them right you will get what they are worth. List them wrong and someone like me will snatch them up for pennies. Ebay and paypal do take a big chunk out of the sale but hey what else are you gonna do with all those interfaces? I still have a CATII and more truck/trailer diag stuff to unload on fleabay.

Ebay is the way to go unless you can find a local buyer

HGV_DIAG
13th June, 2010, 08:37 AM
When you say "Some gear" is any of it smokeable?

Bud or resin? With the 'gear' to inhale it with?

HAHA, if i had any of that i wouldnt be sellin it,lol

Cheers guys, will try and get stuff listed over the next few days/weeks